Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I'm so scared. I am 29 years old. I didn't want to be in a relationship when I was younger. They fell in my lap and all were abusive and dysfunctional. To make it harder, I'm poor, I don't have a college degree, and I'm not a high powered career woman.

It took me until my mid/late twenties to accept I prefer women (tho technically I'm bi as I have been with men and don't mind hooking up with them, but in every relationship with a man something is missing.) all the girls I've found are either long distance, terfs (ew), flings, or way too young for me (late teens early twenties.) yet I could get a boyfriend tomorrow and guys constantly hit on me.

I hate it. I've never been engaged. I'm getting old, and feeling more and more haggard and ugly with each year. I just want a wife, but I feel destined to be alone. It feels like I'm too old to find the waifu of my dreams.

I regret not taking finding a wife more seriously when I was younger. Plus I'm unstable and a wreck. I just feel like I'm forever going to be alone and I hope I'm wrong cuz it makes me want to die.

I don't even want kids. I just want a wife. 😢

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: nogoodfatautist, darkenmydoorstep, passivethought121 and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm around you age and never have been in a relationship either (though gay). It's not something that is near the top of my wishlist necessarily but being reminded of its absence always and everywhere doesn't help.

I don't't think it can be written off for you but given what you have been through lately it's probably in your better interest to focus on yourself for now.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, complexpalm and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I'm around you age and never have been in a relationship either (though gay). It's not something that is near the top of my wishlist necessarily but being reminded of its absence always and everywhere doesn't help.

I don't't think it can be written off for you but given what you have been through lately it's probably in your better interest to focus on yourself for now.
While I don't disagree, I'm worried the older I get and the longer I wait, the less of a chance I'll have to date.

And it's silly but if I never find a wife, I probably will ctb lol. 😂 I hope I can find love. It just feels fucking hopeless. And knowing how much of a mentally ill train wreck I am makes it feel even harder to find love.

complexpalm

complexpalm

Sep 29, 2023
People talk about dating like it's so easy now. "We have all these apps, just swipe and go on a date!"
The irony is, the more connected we are via the internet, the more lonely we are too. I personally have been on way too many dates from dating sites that ended horribly. Not to mention the pressure from modern cinema/sitcoms about never being whole until your find your Other Half™️

I hope you can meet someone organically, and you click with them so hard! I personally know 2 sapphic couples that met in their 30s and are insane about each other.

• Love
Reactions: Cloud Busting
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
You are 29 & feeling old already? The best is yet to come. Do you live in a LGBTXYZ friendly region? It is a big world full of amazing cities and people. Maybe a fresh start somewhere new?

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
You are 29 & feeling old already? The best is yet to come. Do you live in a LGBTXYZ friendly region? It is a big world full of amazing cities and people. Maybe a fresh start somewhere new?
No. All the lesbians here are either really young, or taken. I live in a town that's very conservative, but in the psych ward I was informed of a local lgbt group I'll probably start going to. A 19 year old gave me her number, cannot tell if she is flirty or wants a mentor, but she's a child. That feels wrong. She should explore at her age, not settle down with me.

I don't feel entirely ready for a relationship just yet, but like I'm going to want one someday. My last relationship was a long distance and we clicked at first, but it fell apart. For one thing, I was obsessed with my job and stressed over it and it turned her off. She also had views of trans ppl that just… yeah we weren't compatible.

I am moving next year to a much more lgbt friendly town. Perhaps that's what I need. I just feel like the only 29 year old who's never been married or engaged but likely it's not true.

• Love
Reactions: complexpalm
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
Yup, it's the norm these days. Most people dont live together until theyre 30+. All that teenage crap ended in the 80's. And you'd never regret seeing more of the world.

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Yup, it's the norm these days. Most people dont live together until theyre 30+. All that teenage crap ended in the 80's. And you'd never regret seeing more of the world.
I think a lot of it is just regret, I had a lot of internalized hate. My mom was super heteronormative and I just wanted so badly to be fucking straight, and I feel like I wasted my time not being comfortable with it until like two years ago.

complexpalm

complexpalm

Sep 29, 2023
I am moving next year to a much more lgbt friendly town. Perhaps that's what I need. I just feel like the only 29 year old who's never been married or engaged but likely it's not true.
Can genuinely say you aren't.
A change of scenery can be good, and help appreciate smaller moments again.
I know I'm a small internet random, but I'm rooting for you! 💕

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I too fantasize about having a wife. But there are also few queer women in my area, and transphobia is also rampant. A lot of people here say they're accepting but then will refuse think they shouldn't date and/or detransition. I just wish I had a woman who'd actually accept every part of me.
I just wanted so badly to be fucking straight
Heavily relate.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting and complexpalm
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Can genuinely say you aren't.
A change of scenery can be good, and help appreciate smaller moments again.
I know I'm a small internet random, but I'm rooting for you! 💕
In the hospital my therapist actually suggested I move to the more progressive town in my state. She thinks this town contributes to my misery.

I don't disagree. However I told her I think I'm not ready for the stress of moving right now after my nervous break and want to recover and save first. She found that reasonable.

Also thank you for the anecdotes of the two sapphic couples who met in their 30s! I try to remind myself that queer girls come out later on average, it's very much possible. But I dunno, when you compare yourself to everyone else in your late twenties you just feel like a failure. You feel like unwanted damage goods, broken, and alone. I should focus on myself but damn it's hard. I think @LaVieEnRose described it best.

I too fantasize about having a wife. But there are also few queer women in my area, and transphobia is also rampant. A lot of people here say they're accepting but then will refuse think they shouldn't date and/or detransition. I just wish I had a woman who'd actually accept every part of me.
Ah yeah I'm sorry to hear that. I admit I have a genital preference (and I think a lot of that is hetero sex revolving around being dominated by dick which is so effing gross, and I admit I hate semen), but like honestly post-op, don't give a fuck, woman are woman, god damn they're beautiful. Also genitals aren't everything. I couldn't date a trans dude with a vag, like I just don't want a dude. I've tried. It's always an empty feeling. It can satisfy me but oh boy something is missing.

Transphobia is rampant here too, and while it's much easier today, homophobia is still rampant. Just look at how the objectification of women is accepted in advertising or strip clubs or restaurants like hooters (complete with kids menus!) but pride is "bad for the kids." Really I hate my town. And this current climate. I had hope for a more progressive world but society has taken a step back.

Also since I'm bi it's hard to find a woman cuz they worry I'll leave them for a dude. 😢

Sorry you went through wanting to be straight too. It's hard. I still wish I could be straight honestly, and it's 2023, so I feel like I'm not supposed to feel that way. I hope we both find a woman who accepts us for who we are one day. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: complexpalm
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Sorry -- I wanna say I understand your frustration, but I also realize our situations are quite different, so I don't want my comparison to come off as rude.

I'm a lesbian, and I feel pretty similar to you. I'm a bit younger, but living in an extremely homophobic country. Not a very social person, so my exposure to queer people in my area is like… none. Even then, most of these queer people are likely closeted due to social pressure.

I feel that desire to just settle down and share a life with someone. Every passing year the dread of falling behind creeps up more and more. My life is moving forward, and it becomes harder and harder to relate and find common ground with people. Plus my location doesn't really help. Laws are constantly being passed in an effort to suppress anyone who isn't cishet.

Ugh, sorry for the vent. It's been on my mind a lot lately. You're definitely not alone in this. You seem like a lovely person who deserves a no less lovely wife, and I'm certain there is a huge possibility of it happening!

I wish you great luck!

• Hugs
complexpalm

complexpalm

Sep 29, 2023
In the hospital my therapist actually suggested I move to the more progressive town in my state. She thinks this town contributes to my misery.

I don't disagree. However I told her I think I'm not ready for the stress of moving right now after my nervous break and want to recover and save first. She found that reasonable.

Also thank you for the anecdotes of the two sapphic couples who met in their 30s! I try to remind myself that queer girls come out later on average, it's very much possible. But I dunno, when you compare yourself to everyone else in your late twenties you just feel like a failure. You feel like unwanted damage goods, broken, and alone. I should focus on myself but damn it's hard. I think @LaVieEnRose described it best.
Moving is one of the most stressful events in our entire lives; I totally get it. I'm sorry my comment wasn't super helpful, but I wanted to at least give you hope! Focusing on yourself sucks, and feels incredibly lonely while going through it.
I've been with my partner over 2 years now, and the thoughts you deal with are nonstop for me still. I don't know how commenting limit vs. PMs work on the site, but if you ever need an ear to listen to more rants, I'm here.

• Love
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I'm so scared. I am 29 years old. I didn't want to be in a relationship when I was younger. They fell in my lap and all were abusive and dysfunctional. To make it harder, I'm poor, I don't have a college degree, and I'm not a high powered career woman.

It took me until my mid/late twenties to accept I prefer women (tho technically I'm bi as I have been with men and don't mind hooking up with them, but in every relationship with a man something is missing.) all the girls I've found are either long distance, terfs (ew), flings, or way too young for me (late teens early twenties.) yet I could get a boyfriend tomorrow and guys constantly hit on me.

I hate it. I've never been engaged. I'm getting old, and feeling more and more haggard and ugly with each year. I just want a wife, but I feel destined to be alone. It feels like I'm too old to find the waifu of my dreams.

I regret not taking finding a wife more seriously when I was younger. Plus I'm unstable and a wreck. I just feel like I'm forever going to be alone and I hope I'm wrong cuz it makes me want to die.

I don't even want kids. I just want a wife. 😢
The more we want something/someone, the more desperation we unconsciously exude which makes said something harder to obtain cause it's a turn off. What a cruel twist of fate that is. Whatever age you are should not stop you finding some. Little old grandmas make the news with their love stories after all. Sounds like you just have high standards. That's no bad thing, hey? Maybe reframe it that way.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I haven't thought about relationships in a while. Honestly, I think I would be more or less happy living solo for the most part. Might be lonely but at least I wouldn't have to stress about it. I'm pretty young though so my feelings will probably change about it at some point.

M

Murt

Apr 29, 2023
The more we want something/someone, the more desperation we unconsciously exude which makes said something harder to obtain cause it's a turn off. What a cruel twist of fate that is. Whatever age you are should not stop you finding some. Little old grandmas make the news with their love stories after all. Sounds like you just have high standards. That's no bad thing, hey? Maybe reframe it that way.
That's unfortunately so true. I'm getting divorced and it's breaking my heart. I tried so hard to be who my wife needed me to be and I can see the desperation is not good. My life's become so painful for years now. If i could find a guaranteed way to end this I would.

• Hugs
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, Cloud Busting and olearius
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Sorry -- I wanna say I understand your frustration, but I also realize our situations are quite different, so I don't want my comparison to come off as rude.

I'm a lesbian, and I feel pretty similar to you. I'm a bit younger, but living in an extremely homophobic country. Not a very social person, so my exposure to queer people in my area is like… none. Even then, most of these queer people are likely closeted due to social pressure.

I feel that desire to just settle down and share a life with someone. Every passing year the dread of falling behind creeps up more and more. My life is moving forward, and it becomes harder and harder to relate and find common ground with people. Plus my location doesn't really help. Laws are constantly being passed in an effort to suppress anyone who isn't cishet.

Ugh, sorry for the vent. It's been on my mind a lot lately. You're definitely not alone in this. You seem like a lovely person who deserves a no less lovely wife, and I'm certain there is a huge possibility of it happening!

I wish you great luck!
Not rude at all! I appreciate the solidarity.

I'm American. Im not sure where you're from or what the legal status of marriage and such is in your country, but you can get married in all 50 states here. It's a lot easier to be gay in American now than it was like 20 years ago. I remember a time when people would openly discuss wanting to inflict violence on gays. I had a 'friend' who discussed beating up a gay friend until they were straight.

This sort of open hostility to gay people isn't really a thing here anymore. American homophobia is more of the "as long as you don't wave it in my face and act sexual at pride, we're good" variety. People are coming out younger than ever before. In comparison to your situation, I likely have nothing to bitch about.

The real threat to conservative Americans now is trans and gender non-confirming people. My state is the first to have drag story hour banned by the governor. Ridiculous. I'm really worried for my trans brothers and sisters. Considering that roe vs wade is overturned and Florida passed a "don't say gay bill," I can't be positive gay rights will stay intact, but I admit I'm currently very privileged.

My issue isn't really homophobia. It's more like you said- a worry that time is running out and it's getting too late to meet someone, and not knowing any gay people. The queer ladies I know are either taken or too young for me, or long distance. WLW have a smaller dating pool, and it sucks. I could get a boyfriend tomorrow, but it's not what I want. And the "older" I get the more I slip into a doomerist mentality. There's also biphobia which I have experienced and it sucks. I haven't had a long term gf and it makes me insecure lol.

Don't apologize for venting. Its my pleasure to congregate the queers of SaSu. We need each other.

I don't know how commenting limit vs. PMs work on the site, but if you ever need an ear to listen to more rants, I'm here.
I appreciate the offer. You're too sweet. ❤️

I don't think I have too high of standards. I prefer post-op but I don't exclude trans woman (I mean hello they're woman, I just want soft skin and breasts, and hormones do that), and I don't have a specific type. Butch, andro, femme, like I'm attracted to all.

My only preference is like, not too young (even 24 feels too young but maybe I'm just too paranoid about being creepy with age gaps,) no terfs/bigots (like is that too much to ask?), and not too prissy (long fake nails are a personal turn off lol sorry.) also prefer outdoorsy/active types, but I live in a mountain town, so that's easy to find.

I think my real problem is I just don't know any queer girls my age around here, and I've had little luck on dating apps. I did have a date but I blew her off, and idk if I should message her being like, "hey gorg didn't mean to disappear I had a breakdown but I'm good now you still wanna do archery or you taken lulz" or just move on as it's been almost 2 months lol.

I think insecurity is my biggest problem, yes. I think you and everyone else who suggested I focus on myself for now is right, as I'm probably not in a healthy place to date. Of course I worry I'm losing that window of time to marry and it's gonna be too late, and people are gonna wonder what's wrong with me cuz I'm still single, and all that. But confidence is key and I have none, so I should probably get that first lol.

Like you can probs smell the desperation and insecurity from the screen probs not attractive.

I haven't thought about relationships in a while. Honestly, I think I would be more or less happy living solo for the most part. Might be lonely but at least I wouldn't have to stress about it. I'm pretty young though so my feelings will probably change about it at some point.
I was the same way when I was 19. Honestly I really didn't even want a relationship until I was like 26, and by then I felt like I was drying up and getting 'old' and my chances to find someone was getting smaller and smaller. Maybe I'm just being dramatic lol. But it hurts to see most ppl my age in a steady relationship. Feels like all the good ones are already taken. I should probably stop comparing myself to other people?

At your age settling down is like the least of your worries. Maybe you'll change. Maybe you'll be a proud bachelor. It worked for Edward Gorey.

• Love
Reactions: CrazyDiamond04 and リンさん