S

sportsguy56

Oct 24, 2020
being a male that is only 5'6 makes me feel so insecure and inferior. it also sucks that so many women reject me just because of my height. I don't feel like a real man. I wish I was taller

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: death137, Blondi, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I understand but for different reasons. And I'm not even short, I'm average for where I live.
But I can't reach cupboards so I like to keep a step stool in the kitchen. I get used for an arm rest. A guy that I liked in school would try to throw me in the garbage can (I know, i lacked self respect clearly). Being smaller then people is no fun when you're getting picked on for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Wear dress shoes/boots, it's an instant free +2 inches of height. Add some sort of yee ol fashion gentleman's hat and you gain another 1-2 free inches. I go from 5'10 to like 6'1 with my usual kit lol.

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Sorry man. There are things you can do like play basketball or volleyball, and stretch. There is also mewing where people have gained height myself included. I'm somewhat tall, but I think I did see people making videos on youtube on how to grow a bit by doing natural exercises. All that combined would probably take 1-3 years but it could be done I think. 2-3 inches is not impossible.

Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Idk I think short guys are awesome. I'm short myself, I don't really wanna break my neck talking to someone. You are just right imo.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ColorlessTrees, myopybyproxy and 1 other person
Volo vent

Volo vent

Sep 20, 2021
Being male and short sucks yeah

• Hugs
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
As a kid I was fascinated my miniature things. Especially when they have intricate detail. I wanted to be short. Honestly not sure why. Think it's my love of detail and perhaps aesthetic elements that are richer in compact form. Why I'm mentioning this I don't really know. I think becuase it signifies that not everyone is looking for tall. Proportion and pleasant features can be/are enough to negate the dating downfalls of being relatively short. To a certain extent I mean. 5.6" is pretty serviceable. The right girl will be fine with it. Lots of girls are under 5.5" so it's not like there's nobody to fit you so to speak. A good personality will get you a long way. If you can make them laugh and present familiarity (but not overly as that's creepy) you can find someone. Some really unusual looking guys have famously courted some disproportionately beautiful women. It's not all about looks if you can break out of/through the surface level goons and goonesses that make up the majority.

Perhaps getting yourself out into some social situations that play to your skills would put you in a better position to make the first impression that sit more in your favour. There are a few onlone resources for getting involved in different types of group meet ups. There was one called meetup which was pretty extensive. Not sure if it weathered it's way through lockdowns but I think it did. Worth a look.

Also maybe there are some niche groups that go for short and humble. The worlds a varied and surprising place.

Not to make light of your dismay surrounding your hight. Just trying to give you something to work with.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
being a male that is only 5'6 makes me feel so insecure and inferior. it also sucks that so many women reject me just because of my height. I don't feel like a real man. I wish I was taller
I've come to realize that most women who are only concerned about height aren't worth the time anyway. If it makes you feel any better, I'm six feet tall and have still gone my whole life being a dateless virgin even at 28 years old. Being tall just ain't all it's cracked up to be because many tall people, at least those like me, only use their height as a crutch to make up for a lack of being good at anything else.

• Hugs
Reactions: deleted and not-2-b-the-answer
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The list of male celebrities who are 5'6" and who have done very well with women is impressive: Ben Stiller, Billy Crystal, George Lucas, Phil Collins, Henry Winkler(the Fonz), Regis Philbin, and many more. It's a matter of how you carry yourself and what you do. You only need one girl to fall in love with to be happy, and your height will not prevent this at all.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ColorlessTrees and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I'm guessing Tom Holland does pretty well. He's no basketball player. Suppose he does have the benefit of being spiderman though lol.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: BrokenBliss, not-2-b-the-answer and Dr Iron Arc
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I'm short too (156 cm) - the shortest in my family - and I hate it. I also hate tall people because whenever I see a tall person I'm reminded that I'm short. No offence to any tall person here. I can't see you through screen pixels anyway so I don't care. The wonders of online communication. But it's a poor substitute for in-person relationships.

If I was looking for a partner, I would prefer someone who was close to my height (within 15 cm or so). I don't understand why females prefer a male partner who is taller, or why males prefer a female partner who is shorter. Makes no sense.

There ought to be a short people group or forum or dating app to commiserate, share coping strategies, and meet others like us irl. Especially if the area where you live is predominantly inhabited by tall people - it's difficult to feel belonging.

• Hugs
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Another - Tom Cruise is 5'7". And, as a member of the female persuasion, I can tell you that self-confidence wipes out any "deficit" you might imagine. I have found that to be the case for pretty much anything that comes with first impression. Those traits disappear when a guy presents himself as not even seeming to notice it exists. BTW, it works in reverse, too. When a guy who appears to be beautiful and confident, but makes clear he is an asshole after talking for 30 seconds, is no longer of any interest. Poof. (The love of my life was 5' 6")

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Smart No More
M

Mocon33

Dec 15, 2021
I'm a bit envious, I could really use that extra 2", I'm only 5'4".

• Hugs
Reactions: Going Out Soon, not-2-b-the-answer and BrokenBliss
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Another - Tom Cruise is 5'7". And, as a member of the female persuasion, self-confidence wipes out any "deficit" you might imagine. I have found that to be the case for pretty much anything that comes with first impression. Those traits disappear when a guy presents themself as not even seeming to notice it exists. BTW, it works in reverse, too. When a guy who appears to be beautiful and confident, but makes clear he is an asshole after talking for 30 seconds, is no longer of any interest. Poof. (The love of my life was 5' 6")
I think its also worth noting that when you're especially self concious of something and do your best to hide it, it often manifests more than if you just got on with things uninhibited. It shows to onlookers and they react accordingly which can drastically change relationships and perceptions. It's often described as a self fulfilling profecy which makes it sound a little more fantastical than its intended. Put simply, your insecurities and the way a person fights to hide them is a huge arrow pointing it out and serves to create an issue that would otherwise not exist. It's very liberating to fully grasp and accept this and more so it pays dividends when you throw off and say goodbye to insecurity. It shows in your smallest of actions, making them loud and bold and people subconsciously pick up on your liberated and confident demeanour. A good excercise in quick results from this would be (where appropriate) to publicly admit to being wrong in a situation where you might usually be guarded and defensive. Maybe arguing the toss on symantics for the sake of 'winning' an argument. Its something that's seen a lot on the forum and in people's day to day interactions. Particularly where the stakes feel high. In a professional setting for example. That's quite specific, I know but any public display of courage in the small stuff, embracing faults as though to better yourself. The results are instant. The person opposite will be disarmed (if initially agressive) and respond accordingly. You'll see something new in each other and they'll often come away with a new respect for you. Whether they know it or would publicly admit it is another thing but they will always treat you a little differently from there on. But only if you continue with your newly aquired understanding. Retuening to the old you, I assume goes without saying, would have the opposite impact.

I've sort of swayed off topic a bit there in my attempt to display a concept. My words and ability to use them concisely fails me somewhat these days. I just hope you can decipher what I'm actually trying to say in a way that's useful as intended @ OP.

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Oh, I've got one for you -- Prince! That cat was 5'2" and he exuded sexy (and other positive traits galore). Supporting my confidence and belief in self theory above. Michael J Fox - 5'4". Who doesn't love him. Point being, it's how you present and feel about yourself that are what people will see.

deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I'm also short (1.70cm) and to make matters worse my body doesn't let me gain muscle mass, it's just a time to be invisible and be one more in the crowd, I'll still grow in the next 3 years but I don't believe that I'll reach 1.78cm