Mayerling86

Mayerling86

Faking a smile is so much easier
Jun 26, 2020
Guys, what are your views on the term 'rescued'. I've read so many stories where people were 'rescued' just in time and it doesn't sit well with me. Surely rescuing is saving someone from a situation that person doesn't want to be in.... Like a fire or a murder. But can someone be rescued from taking their own life? And surely alot of times, being 'rescued' leads to irreversible damage to the individual making life even more unbearable. Let me know your thoughts x

Reactions: Toonloon, casctb, JustAnotherSuicider and 4 others
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Guys, what are your views on the term 'rescued'. I've read so many stories where people were 'rescued' just in time and it doesn't sit well with me. Surely rescuing is saving someone from a situation that person doesn't want to be in.... Like a fire or a murder. But can someone be rescued from taking their own life? And surely alot of times, being 'rescued' leads to irreversible damage to the individual making life even more unbearable. Let me know your thoughts x
I agree...

Reactions: Mayerling86
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
"Interrupted" would be a better word for it. Prevented, interfered with, stopped, inconvenienced ...

Reactions: casctb, GoodPersonEffed, JustAnotherSuicider and 5 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I think the term is just to make people who interrupt feel good & accomplish something.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: casctb, JustAnotherSuicider and Mayerling86
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
It's a strange choice of words. Stopped might be a more blunt and accurate word to use.

Reactions: casctb and Mayerling86
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's a pro life view. They think we've been rescued because they think that suicidal thoughts are always wrong and that we want to live deep down.

• Love
Reactions: casctb, cowbain, Mayerling86 and 1 other person
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Pro-life people don't rescue anyone because the suicidal persons problems aren't being addressed. They momentarily delay a persons suicide using force and then they wash their hands of them because helping them in a humane or meaningful way is inconvenient.

The same person will still commit suicide a week, month, or year later because their circumstances haven't changed.

• Love
Reactions: casctb, Seafoam and Mayerling86