L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
One of the biggest misconceptions is how people think being emotional is the opposite of being rational.

The image made about rationality and logic is usually being bland or emotionless, and the image made about emotions is usually weakness and absurdity.

This way of thinking could harm the person by putting imaginary limitations on their personality and how would they think. One shouldn't restrict what they feel because of rationality, emotions like everything else could be logical or not. Rationality isn't the negation of emotions, it's about understanding including one's own emotions. You can express love and any type of emotion and still be rational.

Don't suppress your emotions to appear rational or view it as weakness. Be yourself, you can both think and feel.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, D&D, Weeping Garbage Can and 7 others
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Exactly. It is rational to be emotional. If someone offends you it is only logical to be angry. Rationality is there to temper our emotions, but that doesn't mean that rationality is anti-emotional.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, demuic and Rogue Proxy
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Rationality? Heart always cooks brain. :ahhha:

My brain's the burger, and my heart's the coal
My brain's the weak heart, and my heart's the long stairs
My heart's the long stairs

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I think there are three personality types:

people who are rational and think systematically even if their system of thought requires them to repress themselves (like some religious people)

people who are emotional and intuitive and just do whatever their impulses tell them to,

and people who just rationalize their own emotions (sometimes without realizing it)

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I think there are three personality types:

I rationally observe my emotions/compulsions & know I can do absolutely nothing to stop them from torturing me. I know everything about myself, but I can change nothing.

• Aww..
Reactions: Nolan96
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I rationally observe my emotions/compulsions & know I can do absolutely nothing to stop them from torturing me. I know everything about myself, but I can change nothing.
That hits me in the chest because I know exactly what you're talking about.
That's not where I am right now.
But it's such a terrible, terrible way to feel. I'm sorry that's what you're dealing with. I wish you the best in handling it as well as you can.

• Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms