Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
Do people feel more or less obligated to seek "professional" help when their peers are yelling at them to receive it?
In contrast to if they are easing and encouraging them into it?

I often find myself experiencing the former in my household and I don't feel any more inclined to seek that kind of help. It doesn't give me any hope that it will work.

Reactions: wastedyears and TimeToBiteTheDust
tsuina

tsuina

Aug 15, 2020
my own experience was being literally kicked from my school as a child by my administrators for being "a danger to myself." they demanded i seek therapy, or i would be suspended from the school system indefinitely. i felt entirely forced into it, and in that, i was never ever able to heal.
in order to have a chance to heal, in order to have a chance to accept that help, it must be by choice or by encouragement, not being forced into it.
the more people pressure someone into a decision, the more they will reject it, and things just get worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA and Moonbounce
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. My parents sent me to therapy but I know I can't be fixed. It's pointless going to therapy if you aren't willing to change. I want to die and I don't want to improve because I can't.

• Hugs
Reactions: tooheavy and Moonbounce
wastedyears

wastedyears

Aug 16, 2020
You're right, therapy doesn't work for most people. They prescribe you some drugs in order to numb you down. They hire someone to pretend to listen to you. It's all fake.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Moonbounce
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yes, my family is begging me to go to therapy. The psychologists I have met with in the past were all complete idiots and very expensive. The ironic thing is a GOOD therapist probably could've saved my life 13-14 years ago but they were all so fuckin stupid. Of course they just wound up putting me on drugs which further destroyed my life and here we are.

99% of therapists are imbeciles who don't ask the right questions.

Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
I've only been to one therapist if I'm being honest but the one was so bad that it's ruined the entire group for me. One apple spoils the bunch as they say.
Rather than focus on the core of my problems and help talk me through them she'd mostly just make me vent and try to find something to pin my problems on so I could vent further.

Ever since that experience I haven't improved and I keep getting into the same crap my family who scream at me to go back to therapy. But that's just the wrong way...

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
forcing someone into something never works. it's almost like they're shoving responsibility onto someone else because they don't want to take responsibility for the things they've done themselves, or they don't want to take the effort to make a positive space for healing.

i mean, yeah, everybody has a limit as to how much negative shit they can process, and therapists are more "educated" when it comes to trauma and its effects on the brain, but that doesn't mean therapy and a few antidepressants are the cure to every mental health problem ever.

• Love
Reactions: Moonbounce