TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
TL;DR
I am just complaining about how poor I am in great details about all of my bills, lack of money that makes me unable to cope and complaining about the injustice of rich people spending millions on insignificant crap when that kind of money would grant me a amazing life.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...rball-winnings-what-would-you-buy/1669298002/

Stuff like this makes me so suicidal when I saw it on Facebook my heart skipped a beat I have never been so poor as I am now in my entire life the only reason I am able to eat is because my parents give me some money like 30$ to last several days and then I get some more to buy food. I am currently in the transitioning from Student loan and Student money to welfare but the welfare takes so long so I will probably first get some money by next month and even then after my bills are paid I will have -100$

So seeing stuff like this or when I just watched Iron Man 1.2 and 3 I just think that person has millions or billions and right now I have 10$ and again as I have mentioned before also seeing these rich people buying a shredded painting for 1.4 million USD or a wine for 2 million it makes me so sad and suicidal just thinking the money they spend on this insignificant crap could save my life and give me a life worth living and for them to spend that kind of money would be like me losing a penny yet it could give me my dream life life is just so unfair.

I have also ranted the last few days about being poor but yesterday I got a bill that said me and my brother have to pay 750$ (because we lived together in our previous apartment) so apparently they kept all of our deposit and is now charging us with the extra payment so that is 375$ extra even though I am totally broke (-133$ in my account) and today I got yet another bill I had to pay it´s for the internet where I apparently have to pay 3 month in advance because that is how it is done and if I would like to change it I can but ONLY for the next payment since I already have gotten this bill and it´s at 133$.

I am seriously tired of being poor and I don´t even have money to cope anymore I would really like to get drunk of a Captain Morgan Spiced Gold but I don´t have any money for that and I only eat bland boring food like red lentils, oatmeal, rye bread because all of that is cheap and I have to eat that for the rest of the month and even next month I will have like -100$. I would seriously like to strangle anyone who says "money doesn´t buy happiness". In August I was ready to kill myself because I have so many problems and the only reason I didn´t was because I wouldn´t bring that pain upon my parents I figured maybe I can just cope with "life" until they die but the universe won´t even grant me a shitty life with a little cope no every time I try and change my mindset for the better to spare other people pain life knocks me down even harder it´s like the universe won´t me to go trough with my plan wtf.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jen Erik, Radwa and 6 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Oh and btw I live in an apartment building like a dorm it´s for young students who attend school and it´s Autumn holidays in Denmark right now so I have to listen to all these boisterous animals yell and scream while drunk meanwhile I just have to sit alone in my room eating my ryebread (ate 30 mins ago) and have no alcohol or anything to entertain myself fuck I hate life so fucking much and it´s all because I lack money, even if I had money I would struggle with my eating problem and other problems but damn I could cope so fucking hard!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's extremely painful to be poor trust me I know. It's like u can't meet the level of comfort and security that would make life at least tolerable. Mostly it's about getting essential things and then being able to improve over time. When u can't progress it is soul crushing. Instead I found myself being worse and worse off as time went by.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jen Erik, Maggotymaggots and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
It's extremely painful to be poor trust me I know. It's like u can't meet the level of comfort and security that would make life at least tolerable. Mostly it's about getting essential things and then being able to improve over time. When u can't progress it is soul crushing. Instead I found myself being worse and worse off as time went by.
That is so true how am I going to improve my mindset when I can´t even afford food? And sorry as I am typing this I can hear drunk young people a few doors down chanting and screaming in their drunk voices while they are having the time of their life I fucking hate it I think I will take a walk I feel like I am about to snap I just can´t stand drunk young people and they most likely will yell something at me while I walk past them sigh...

It also pisses me off because I would like to drink right now but I don´t have money for alcohol so it feels like they´re taunting me and btw I am not a hypocrite there is nothing wrong with drinking but I just hate how most young people act while drunk with their yelling, screaming, chanting and now they also are clapping, that is also why I have never been to a club I hate how they behave. When I am drunk I am completely myself I don´t get aggressive or start yelling at people or start singing and acting up to prove something to my friends (not that I have any friends anyways) I am just myself and others arent.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
That is so true how am I going to improve my mindset when I can´t even afford food? And sorry as I am typing this I can hear drunk young people a few doors down chanting and screaming in their drunk voices while they are having the time of their life I fucking hate it I think I will take a walk I feel like I am about to snap I just can´t stand drunk young people and they most likely will yell something at me while I walk past them sigh...

It also pisses me off because I would like to drink right now but I don´t have money for alcohol so it feels like they´re taunting me and btw I am not a hypocrite there is nothing wrong with drinking but I just hate how most young people act while drunk with their yelling, screaming, chanting and now they also are clapping, that is also why I have never been to a club I hate how they behave. When I am drunk I am completely myself I don´t get aggressive or start yelling at people or start singing and acting up to prove something to my friends (not that I have any friends anyways) I am just myself and others arent.
Sorry u can't get a drink :(" that blows!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Sorry u can't get a drink :(" that blows!
Yup especially because I have one of these nights where my mind is just racing so I went for a walk and my mind was just racing with all these thoughts and now I got home they are still partying two doors down and drinking.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Schopenhauer
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Poverty sucks. I was born in the lower middle class. When I decided to postpone my ctb plans, back in my 20s, I set a goal to myself, to become upper middle class in 5 years or less. If in 5 years I were still poor, I'd do it.

These days I'm part of the 1% income bracket in my country. But you know what? Life still sucks. When you have money, you have to keep working, keep going, just to stay in the same place. I would trade it all for a peaceful death.

Reactions: QiTianDaSheng, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 4 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Poverty sucks. I was born in the lower middle class. When I decided to postpone my ctb plans, back in my 20s, I set a goal to myself, to become upper middle class in 5 years or less. If in 5 years I were still poor, I'd do it.

These days I'm part of the 1% income bracket in my country. But you know what? Life still sucks. When you have money, you have to keep working, keep going, just to stay in the same place. I would trade it all for a peaceful death.
I just want to say in case you or anyone else misinterpret what I say when I talk about having money I am strictly talking about having money not working my ass off for it. if I was a millionaire but had to work 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week that wouldn´t be a life. I remember back when I was 18 and was an apprentice in a butchers shop I had a mental breakdown I guess you could call it I went down with depression really hard I had depression since 14 but at that time at 18 I just couldn´t do it I only worked there for 1½ month but getting up at 5am or earlier to meet at work at 6am and get off at 6pm I constantly thought every day is this what "life" is? Working my ass off 10 hours a day 5 days a week for the next 40 years of my life till retirement while only having time to myself 2 days a week? FUCK NO!

I have mentioned money several times on this forum and several times some upper middle class people have posted because they and you say money doesn´t by happiness and that is because you work hard for the money you make and have no time to enjoy life and I HATE working when I was working at 18 I hated every minute of working I was just waiting to get off work and even then I went straight home and ate dinner which was waiting for me and after that straight to training to lift weights, home and eat, take a shower and go to bed and repeat for the next days until weekend. Even if I made 10K a month I wouldn´t be happy because there was no time for happiness so again when I talk about money it can only be an amazing cope if you have time to enjoy it and regular working people can´t do that while working 8-10 hours 5 days a week. Being a human being is terrible especially if poor or middle class because people just work their asses off 5 days a week for a whole year so they can enjoy a few weeks on an expensive vacation where they can live the rich lifestyle of a lottery winner and back to the rat race.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, N-IsMyHope and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I agree with you completely. Working is terrible. That's one of the reasons having money isn't worth it. But being poor is worse, I think.

And I got some money mostly, by luck, though. I'm not gloating or anything...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Final Escape
E

Escape Humanity

Sep 13, 2018
I agree with you completely. Working is terrible. That's one of the reasons having money isn't worth it. But being poor is worse, I think.

And I got some money mostly, by luck, though. I'm not gloating or anything...

Existence is suffering. There's nothing that the living can do to avoid it. But it is possible for people to find jobs or careers that they enjoy, as long as they are able to find something that could be described as comfortable hell. I would compare it to someone that chooses to run a marathon or climb a mountain versus someone that is forced to do physical labor. Both people could be expending the same amount of energy, but the psychological perception of the actions are different.

And at least people in your income bracket have the option of being part of the investor class. If you make a few smart decisions, then a significant percentage of your annual income could be derived from investments, potentially giving you the option of quitting the job that you hate.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maravillosa, lv-gras and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
And at least people in your income bracket have the option of being part of the investor class. If you make a few smart decisions, then a significant percentage of your annual income could be derived from investments, potentially giving you the option of quitting the job that you hate.

Indeed, if I thought in the long term that's what I'd have to do. But to get anywhere near my current income with investments I'd need at least 3 million USD.

Since I will ctb, I'm maximizing current consumption, and enjoying it while I can. It's so liberating...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
You guys ever see that one by Stefan molyneux on youtube? There's a couple good ones. The first vid is called the story of your enslavement, the other one is called something like the handbook of human ownership. This explains maybe at least partly why work feels like slavery. Our government does focus more on equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity and this is why so many people don't reach their potential in modern times. Also taxation alters stuff in society significantly down to who has kids or not. It's a dysgenic effect which does not improve genes or intelligence.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Schopenhauer
vvvvv

vvvvv

Just call me "v" or "vee"
Oct 17, 2018
Being poor is literally painful, and even expensive.

Can't afford proper dental care? Boom, even bigger dentist bill later.
Can't afford good shoes and you have to walk everywhere because you can't afford other means of transport? Say goodbye to your back and foot soles.
Can't afford proper diet? That sh*t will mess with your sleep, your mood, your physical condition even more than whatever your current grievances are.

The nightmare never ends.

Reactions: QiTianDaSheng, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maggotymaggots and 7 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Being poor is literally painful, and even expensive.

Can't afford proper dental care? Boom, even bigger dentist bill later.
Can't afford good shoes and you have to walk everywhere because you can't afford other means of transport? Say goodbye to your back and foot soles.
Can't afford proper diet? That sh*t will mess with your sleep, your mood, your physical condition even more than whatever your current grievances are.

The nightmare never ends.
Yes you describe it so well. Even your debt increases if u can't pay what the original amount was. So that worthless degree u got will be more like the price of what a doctorate cost in a lifetime and even then u might still never pay it off. I've just decided I can't pay it off so there's no point in trying because I still have to survive in the meantime. Why pay it if I can never hope to eliminate it? If u will never be securely or gainfully employed in the future what's the point of trying to pay that debt? So I can make it even harder to survive in the present? Lol!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maravillosa and Lra888
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Mental illness pretty much guarantees that you will be poor or at least entirely dependent at a minimal level of existence with no way to change that. Same goes for people with chronic pain and health problems.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maravillosa, TheGoodGuy and 3 others