• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
I recently noticed the "suicidal intent/self-harm" option after you click "report" under a post and it's vague as to what they will do to the person who posted. Have you guys ever been reported for this and what happened after?

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: ilovecats, Venessolotic, CTB Dream and 1 other person
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
If you mean the "Get Them Help And Support" option then in my experience not much happened when I made my suicidal vent known on the r/SuicideWatch subreddit a few months ago except for a stupid automated message from a concerned redditor saying that there is help but besides that nothing else really. No welfare checks were given and I'm in the US but in some other countries it might be a possiablity as I've heard.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Final_Choice, Venessolotic, Peerless_Cucumber and 3 others
C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
It sends an automated copy-pasted "Reddit Cares" message to you. I have no idea if Reddit can or will do anything beyond that. You can block the account that sends the messages, since I know that there are Redditors that will use this "feature" to troll

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Peerless_Cucumber and CTB Dream
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You just get sent an automated message full of pro life platitudes like "you're not alone" and then that same message contains links for a suicide hotline for most of the countries on earth. That's all that happens. Nothing else. Honestly, I think this feature tends to get abused more during random reddit arguments than it being actually used for genuine suicidal people

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Venessolotic, Peerless_Cucumber and 1 other person
P

Peerless_Cucumber

The one and only king of cucumbers
Feb 22, 2023
You just get sent an automated message full of pro life platitudes like "you're not alone" and then that same message contains links for a suicide hotline for most of the countries on earth. That's all that happens. Nothing else. Honestly, I think this feature tends to get abused more during random reddit arguments than it being actually used for genuine suicidal people
I got sent that massage because of an argument. It wasn't even about suicide.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
It sends an automated copy-pasted "Reddit Cares" message to you. I have no idea if Reddit can or will do anything beyond that. You can block the account that sends the messages, since I know that there are Redditors that will use this "feature" to troll
The only thing reddit cares about is censorship.

• Informative
Reactions: Tommen Baratheon and Venessolotic
PoorYorick

PoorYorick

Jan 4, 2024
Can someone explain the difference between ss and reddit? At both places you can talk about suicide methods, but are not allowed to give direct answers.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Can someone explain the difference between ss and reddit? At both places you can talk about suicide methods, but are not allowed to give direct answers.
Reddit is more restrictive I think regarding what you can and can't tall about, maybe you can't give ctb advice either? I'm not sure. But there's going to be more troll on Reddit I'd imagine, since trolls would already have an account. There's also going to be more toxic positivity ppl or life is good ppl. And there's going to be random agruments over random things because such is Reddit culture or so I've heard.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and PoorYorick
luneylonegirl

luneylonegirl

Lonely betrayed girl ready to die
Jan 31, 2024
I recently noticed the "suicidal intent/self-harm" option after you click "report" under a post and it's vague as to what they will do to the person who posted. Have you guys ever been reported for this and what happened after?
Yes, i've ever reported for that and suddenly i got notification and messages about suicide resource etc. Not helpful lol, i def still ctb :pfff:

Sylveon

Sylveon

Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Oh boy, you definitely cannot discuss any methods on Reddit; it will get you banned pretty quickly.

In fact, anything mentioning suicide that isn't followed by "it gets better" will put you in the platform's bad books lol.

Reactions: BlockHammer and Unknown21
tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I am never this honest on reddit. It's like you can't be honest about any topic there. You have to only post the popular standard generic opinions. I've been reported on that site in different subs. One time in the nail sub. Someone posted their yellow nails. They said it happened due to gel nail polish but they loved how it looked. I politely pointed out that it could be due to fungus. A common symptom of nail fungus is yellowing discoloration like she had. I was immediately banned and the mod told me in the PM "be nice and considerate". Reddit is full of mindless empty hivemind morons.

I'm not surprised someone on there reports a suicide post and pretending they are helping the person. It's like those youtube comments. A tragic news story and people post the same comment over and over like "my heart goes out to the family" then they come back and check the comments edit it and thank everyone's for the likes.

Reddit has the suicidewatch sub but I don't like that sub at all. It's a totally different vibe from here.

One thing I noticed about this site is the raw honesty. Some of the most real and honest cool people post on this site. I can not say the same for reddit.

Reactions: divinemistress36, reclaimedbynature and PoorYorick
onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
The only thing reddit cares about is censorship.
So true. Any differing opinion on there is censored and the users are almost always fun hating know-it-alls, I don't know why it's always those types of insufferable people that Reddit attracts.

Reactions: divinemistress36, reclaimedbynature and R_N
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
I'm more of a Usenet adapt. Unless the newsgroup is moderated (almost never) anything goes. If you don't like a poster or discussion, then you can create a kill filter.

AFAIK the newsgroup alt suicide.holiday (ASH) predates SaSu. It's still there, but it's dead, murdered by trolls and spam (and, maybe, social media).

Anyway, I hate how Reddit works, with all the upvoting and downvoting.

Reactions: tunnelV
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
It's a common meme to send off that "get help"-note, when you wanna fuck with someone. I've seen multiple people get them after saying a controversial opinion. It does nothing. I got my account banned after one too many menhera attacks, but I got them a couple times myself. It's just a list of suicide hotlines. It's barely better than nothing I guess and in theory someone might feel better, knowing others at least worried. Ultimately tho, it's a laughably bad feature. Doesn't even include EU hotlines in the message. Reddit and all of social media should be nuked anyway lmao.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
'Unpopular opinions' also come to mind when I think about reddit. People actually hate unpopular opinions there and just upvote popular ones (in best case something vanilla) which is hilarious to me.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Unknown21 and Tommen Baratheon
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Today i got a permanent ban from r\ suicidebereavement, I have already been permanently banned from r\sucidewatch and r\ depression.
And all this is just because I said that I have suicidal tendencies and might end my life at some point.

• Wow
Reactions: R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Today i got a permanent ban from r\ suicidebereavement, I have already been permanently banned from r\sucidewatch and r\ depression.
And all this is just because I said that I have suicidal tendencies and might end my life at some point.
If you are suicidal you need to want to live. Makes perfect sense right?

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Unknown21
S

Sivit

Feb 15, 2024
Never used Reddit beside Libreddit
All I know is that "death" or anything relating to death is easily ban worthy on Twitter
You have to be careful when you mention it

spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
Nah nothing happends but don't post that on reddit.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I got banned from the depression forum on there for suggesting that they could try ketamine infusions since they were suicidal and had already tried meds. Heaven forbid making an alternative suggestion on there

• Wow
Reactions: R_N
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Pro tip: You can block the automated message so you don't see the message anytime someone reports you.

C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
Even if there's not a site-wide rule against talking about suicide methods (which I believe there is, but don't quote me on that), most subreddits would ban you for it, even if they don't have an explicit rule about it.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Im my experience using reddit, i've never join r/suicidewatch but i do join r/healtygamergg, that sub in general is supportive unless when you debating about suicide. For some fcking reason they have to be that defensive when talking about suicide, i get it they don't want their healing journey to be disturb but man even if there's a comment that's quiet logical about suicide they still denied it, think that their feeling is "not entirely accurate"

Im not saying that they should agree with suicidal people pov, but at least they have to accept that sometimes suicide is an option that you can choose