W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Geez! You know, being a normal person can be so exhausting!

As some of you might know, I'm in recovery and my suicidal thoughts have decreased lots. I'm fighting depression day by day just by exercising, working, studying, eating more healthy and drinking less but....

THIS KIND OF LIFE FEELS SOOOO BORING!

So, today, I'm finally gonna drink again and go to another reality. I really need it.

I don't know if I'll ever ctb or not but this is a reminder for you:

If you ever plan on recovering yourself, it will not be easy at all and you'll feel like giving up. However, it's okay to take a break (like I'm doing today) as long as later on you move on! (no pun intended)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, abruptum, lobster salad and 20 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
True introvert me needs to recharge for a week if I go to a party or a gathering with lots of people. Might be allergic to people sometimes lol.

Also being normal is exhausting because society's definition of normal isn't. Who knows what normal is and I think some people waste time trying to be normal when they could just be themselves. If you're already yourself, then you're normal, anything outside of your comfort zone is weird.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, Spiral, botanormal and 8 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I hear the normies drink every Friday, so you're probably good.

• Wow
Reactions: Trannydiary, lobster salad, Spiral and 4 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
You can't go through things that have led you here for legitimate reasons to go into recovery without the occasional head change pal. Enjoy it. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, botanormal, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
lol. i recently joined a discord server and some people messaged me. i decided i didnt want my mental problems anywheres near it. i just wanted to be normal. "are you ok? do you want to talk about?" so close....

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, lobster salad, botanormal and 3 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
What is "normal" supposed to be anyway? Is there a checklist for "normality?"

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, kitch, Sprite_Geist and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What is "normal" supposed to be anyway? Is there a checklist for "normality?"

Nice question! I guess "normal" it's just doing what most people do, "study, work, be a slave, get married, have a family and die as an old man"

Reactions: Trannydiary, Spiral, botanormal and 1 other person
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Not sure if drinking again is a good idea if there is a non-overcome addiction going on (unless you have no addiction and I got false information, sorry if that's the case).

Nevertheless I am proud of you, you are showing great willpower to actually improve something in your life and it seems like you have done a good job so far. Keep it up and stay strong soldier! :)

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, WornOutLife and botanormal
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It is, putting the happy face mask on to go outside, interact with people, thank in a way that we wear my masks so I can hide the smile when i don't feel like smiling. But saying that, hope this vaccine to work, will still use my mask to work. I always take the mask when i come back home.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, WornOutLife and botanormal
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Nice question! I guess "normal" it's just doing what most people do, "study, work, be a slave, get married, have a family and die as an old man"
I think normal ppl just haven't realized the completly futile nature of existence, many of us have and there ain't no going back, it's like the matrix once you know about it ... I'm at the point where even movies (that are nothing but stories about ppl and their totally futile lives) seem so absurd. I don't see how I will ever recover from seeing everything from the outside, sort of like an alien just observing how futile and stupid our lives are.... makes me think that if aliens exist then their lives are just as futile since the goal of life is just survival, glad life seems more like a fluke in the universe rather than a norm.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TooMuchToBear, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WornOutLife and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
So true, everytime I try to force a normal routine I just feel even worse with the added detriment to my physical health leaving me exhausted.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WornOutLife, Spiral and 1 other person
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
That's a bit strange cuz all I want is a normal life.

S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
I believe that it should be called "chronic normalcy" or being "chronically normal". Why not, right?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
From a certain perspective it could be argued that there is no such thing as normal; except for when it comes to injuries and such - then there is a healthy (normal) state.

Speaking in a social context: Normalcy is a name that is given to any behaviours, attitudes or lifestyles that conform to the standards of a given society - whichever one that you live in. If one person has a belief then it is seen as just that: a personal, subjective belief; if that same belief is held by thousands or millions of people then it is viewed as a fact. It does not matter whether or not that belief is actually wrong - everyone will see it as right... Because everybody else does.

That is why you should not worry too much about whether or not you should take a break from being normal, because nobody is normal to begin with.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Being "normal" and having a simple life feels way to slow for me im very much on the side of give me death or give me glory. Having to come to terms with the fact that life is as simple as living just to prepare for our old age is something I havent been able to deal with yet.
But also make sure you do take those breaks im sure you need them, youre putting in alot of work on this road of recovery im rooting for you, just make sure you take time when you need it and dont burn yourself out.

• Love
Reactions: TooMuchToBear and WornOutLife