VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
Money disappears so easily. Vices do not help.

I think if I had 1 million dollars randomly then I could consider staying for 1 more year. But earning money requires too much work for too little return, and then it is burned away. Rinse and repeat. I am done with this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: fortified-hollows, Crazy4u, Dead Meat and 6 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It is an awful situation.

Just goes to show how important relativism is. In poorer regions of the world, people tend to survive based on humour, close-knit communities, religion, art, sport, etc. rather than merely flexing their material acquisitions. As such, being poor is not a problem in those places. But being isolated from the surrounding culture by socioeconomic disadvantage is very difficult, unless you are able to find some sort of a tribe one way or another.

Reactions: katagiri83, VoidDesirer22 and Huntfish34
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I feel the same way... my whole life I have been depressed about the idea that I have to work for a living, and all that entails. Never being able to retire, scraping by paycheck to paycheck... I knew my life would never be close to anything I wanted it to be and I wanted to die.

When I met my husband, that kind of changed. I loved him so much, I just wanted it to work. I just wanted a place to live, and space to enjoy each other's company. For the first time in my life I was motivated to work, maintain long term employment, to do things like improve my credit, and try to acquire nice things, a nice home... I hated it, but I loved my husband.

Now that he is dead, I have no desire to keep doing it just as an end unto itself, to take care of myself, because the alternative is homelessness. I'd rather just be dead. Everything is so much worse now without mine and my husbands combined incomes, I can't afford to even rent an apartment on my own, much less afford all the bills, insurance, food, etc, etc... I can see myself struggling like this for the rest of my life, scraping by paycheck to paycheck, never to retire or own anything.

I am already grieving my husband and want to die just because he isn't around anymore, but apart from that the whole capitalist dystopian nightmare would be enough to make me want to ctb anyway. If I had never met my husband, I probably would have years ago. I'm glad for the time I got with him though, to know what it was to be in love, and to have that, I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I wish he was still here, but since he's not, I have no reason or desire to continue on like this.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fortified-hollows, Crazy4u, Dead Meat and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am sorry that things are so hopeless. This life is just so depressing. I wish you the best in whatever happens.