Oozzy

Oozzy

Jan 19, 2021
I lost all my sexual desires for long time and Im also not interested in any gender but it wasnt like this before. Is it possible because of depression? What can I do about that?

Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Mentalmick and blahblahhh
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I try to be asexual. But unfortunately I'm just to sexual. I have to moods; constant state of hangover and constant state of horny. Life is hell.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied, stygal and Oozzy
B

blahblahhh

Jan 15, 2021
My ex- girlfriend was the same way. The more depressed she seemed to get the more she became asexual. But it seems to me it is a lessening of sexual desire to the depression. I'm not so sure what to do about it. I would say work on the depression? Then maybe your sexual interest will re-appear.

Reactions: Oozzy
L

lostmyhope

Dec 28, 2020
I am the same way. Don't think I could be sexually attracted to anyone right now, no matter who they are. A couple of people have shown interest in me during the last few months...I just don't care, even though the past me would've been thrilled, I've turned them all away.

Reactions: Oozzy and blahblahhh
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Severe depression has made me lose interest in sex altogether. Could also be a function of my age as I'll be turning 60 this year, but I think it's more to do with depression. I don't miss sex. I haven't been in a relationship in a long time and it became too much work to chase after anyway. Losing that part of me, though, probably also contributes to my desire to ctb.

Reactions: Oozzy and blahblahhh
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I'm a strange one. I consider myself aromantic and never had romantic feelings for anyone (at least in real-life). While the other girls in high school were fawning over their beloved K-pop idols, I immersed myself in my video games. If circumstances were different, I would've taken up the nun's habit, or as the ascetic life appeals to me, secluded myself from the prying eyes of others. Not to mention chronic pain has stripped me of my emotions and love for life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr, fixitinpost, Oozzy and 3 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm a strange one. I consider myself aromantic and never had romantic feelings for anyone (at least in real-life). While the other girls in high school were fawning over their beloved K-pop idols, I immersed myself in my video games. If circumstances were different, I would've taken up the nun's habit, or as the ascetic life appeals to me, secluded myself from the prying eyes of others. Not to mention chronic pain has stripped me of my emotions and love for life.
Similar problem. Life would be much simpler if we could appreciate basic things like everyone else does. Everyone takes for granted that you have certain pleasures and share certain experiences with them, and it puts this awkward barrier between you and everyone else when it turns out that you don't.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Oozzy
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I'm having trouble distinguishing between what I truly want and what not at this point (being depressed for so long and having experienced so many unpleasant things).
Most of the time it's like I don't want to touch anybody else but sometimes I get the sudden urge to be really close to someone due me not being entirely dead inside (which is something I'm working towards at least).
So for me it's probably like @Antigonish put it, lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, DocNo, Antigonish and 2 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
I lost all my sexual desires for long time and Im also not interested in any gender but it wasnt like this before. Is it possible because of depression? What can I do about that?

It's not only possible but also quite normal I'd say. Have you talked to a psychiatrist about this? Certain types of medication might work better than others. Also, what kind of exercise do you do? The general benefit of exercise is the same regardless of sex and gender, but in the male anatomy certain types of exercise could have a noticeable impact on sex drive since it promotes higher testosterone levels. Weight lifting, for example. The more muscle mass you have, the higher your testosterone levels. The cocktail of chemicals produced in response to physical exertion can also be a pretty powerful anti-depressant. Of course with the pandemic things are a bit complicated, and it has been terrible for my mental health.

I'm sorry I can't give you any more advice at this point. I'm no doctor, but I would really recommend bringing this up with one if you can and haven't already.

Last edited:
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
I have this because i dont find myself attractive because of my deformity. Even tho i have a girlfriend being severe deformed i still aint in the mood all that much because my i feel bad being this ugly

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I've been asexual all my life. I do crave the romantic side of things, being close to someone, kissing and so on but not sex, although I can still be aroused. I find sex quite disturbing to be honest.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Makko, NeverSatisfied and 1 other person