• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Glockman

Glockman

Dec 20, 2019
Would a gunshot aimed directly behind the ear do the trick?

I worry about aim going through mouth.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, siray, Circles and 2 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. It's more effective. Christine Chubbuck did it that way.

Reactions: mediocre, Sensei and Glockman
R

Rdc

Student
Aug 24, 2019
Yes. It's more effective. Christine Chubbuck did it that way.
Christine shot behind the ear but she missed the brain stem. She died 14 hours later in the hospital.

Reactions: mediocre, Qdv, Sensei and 2 others
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
A definite and quick death in a self-inflicted gunshot only happens if a very small specific region in the brain is obliterated. This region is only about 2.5% of brain weight and less than 3 inches long and has a width that ranges from 1/3rd of an inch to 1 inch.

To be able to aim so precisely is a matter of chance. In times of tense situations, it is harder to focus properly, hence the bullet can easily miss this narrow region. The suicidal person will be left with life altering injuries if death doesn't happen.

If you have doubts about shooting through the mouth then your doubts about shooting behind the ear are equally valid. One must always consider the consequences of a failed attempt, especially when such a violent method is used. People have been known to survive severe traumatic brain injury. There was an American named Phineas Gage who lived for 12 years even after a large iron rod went through his brain. Consider your options wisely.

Last edited:
Reactions: protonic76, Sensei, AnnonyBox and 1 other person
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
A definite and quick death in a self-inflicted gunshot only happens if a very small region in the brain is obliterated. This region is only about 2.5% of brain weight and less than 3 inches long and has a width that ranges from 1/3rd of an inch to 1 inch.

To be able to aim so precisely is a matter of chance. In times of tense situations, it is harder to focus properly, hence the bullet can easily miss this narrow region. The suicidal person will be left with life altering injuries if death doesn't happen.
To be able to aim precisely is NOT a matter of chance, it's that of basic geometrical calculation and choice of firearm/bullet. Shotgun must be preferred over a handgun, and 00 buckshot or slug shell be used with it. A shot inside the mouth at a 10-15 angle upwards is a guaranteed instant death, given that it's pointed towards the brainstem.

This almost same certainty of lethality can be achieved with a handgun, if the caliber is big enough and it's hollow points. But that should only be done if one cannot get a shotgun.

Reactions: Sensei, AnnonyBox and voyager
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
IIRC Gage's brain damage was confined to his frontal lobe.

D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
If unsure, it would make more sense to put the gun in a steady, locked position - a vice or a rack.
And have a string tied to the trigger.

Reactions: Sensei
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
I am no expert on guns, I have acquired my knowledge from what people on the Guns/Firearms megathread discuss. One reason that I can recall is that the pellet size in birdshot is the smallest compared to birdshot and slug. But someone had pointed out that aiming through the mouth and shooting will not give the shell enough distance to expand the pellets, so it doesn't matter which type of bullet one uses.

But then again, I am probably not the right person to be answering this question.