iori011x3

iori011x3

Selflessness, contribution, service ❤️
Nov 28, 2023
as most of you guys know, a lot of my friends took an indefinite break from me that'll last for a while. i have this other friend group who's been supporting me as best as they can and one of them's birthday is coming up. they decided to celebrate it at a big 3 day anime/comic convention that's coming up in feburary.

for a while, i've been planning to go with the friends that i fell out with. i still want to go to the con and hang out with everyone i know but obviously, it's bad timing right now. thinking about the convention makes my stomach feel uneasy, especially since one of the friends i fell out with is hosting a lot of fandom meetups i originally intended to go to. but now i cant and i have to sit and think about how all of my mutuals and friends will go have fun and ill be stuck somewhere else waiting for their meet up to be over.

i don't want to think of it in such a negative way because going to the con is such a fun way to celebrate my lovely friend's birthday. i want to do that with them and make them happy. and above all else, i still want to go on a personal stance. i want to meet all the cosplay mutuals i have and show the community cosplans i've been keeping in the closet for a while. i want to put on my yae miko cosplay and interact with others in character. it's just hard when i feel like i'll feel so alone while theres hundreds of people around me.

i want to be a good friend to the people who decided to stay with me, but it's so hard to not make another mistake whether it'd be an accident or not. i want to feel okay again like i was before and actually be able to enjoy talking to new people and interacting with mutuals i havent seen in months. my worries are sucking the fun out :(((((

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, penguinl0v3s, Sannti and 2 others
CasTheFriendlyGhost

CasTheFriendlyGhost

call me Caspar
Jan 5, 2024
i feel for you this sucks. i don't know what happened between you and your former friends but the thought of running into them at the convention would make me very uncomfortable in your place, too.

i don't have any advice for you on this but i hope you find a way to go and have a good time. or, who knows, even make up with your former friends, if that's a possibility.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, iori011x3 and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
being around people can be draining for me, so i can understand not wanting to go to a function lol, don't know if that's how it is for you.

i do think its better if you do go, you never know, might have fun, even if it might be a bit awkward. all i know is worries are wasted energy. and the opportunity to meet new people is a plus.

• Love
Reactions: iori011x3
iori011x3

iori011x3

Selflessness, contribution, service ❤️
Nov 28, 2023
who knows, even make up with your former friends, if that's a possibility.
god i really hope so... i feel like i've been going insane without any interactions with them 😭
i do think its better if you do go, you never know, might have fun, even if it might be a bit awkward. all i know is worries are wasted energy. and the opportunity to meet new people is a plus.
hmmm thats true... perhaps i'll meet someone new and hit it off with them. or even bump into an ss user haha who knows

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and Hardcore_Henry
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
I usually refuse when asked to participate in festive celebrations. If you want to go, go without hesitation; but if you don't want to, don't even consider going. Because people can be extremely unpleasant. These peremptory options are mutually exclusionary.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and iori011x3