Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
My psychiatric nurse has told me to do this and when I've googled it. It doesn't mention much about declaring medication unless you have heart problems. But if you have psychosis which I don't think I have. I could be banned from driving so I'm thinking not to say anything and no doubt my insurance would sky rocket if I was allowed to drive. Work is the only thing keeping me going and need my car to get there and I don't drive like a dick. Plus I've a clean license. I'm in UK. I'm greatful for any thoughts on this.

Reactions: Jumper Geo
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
In the UK I think it depends which type of drug, guidelines changed back in 2014 from what I remember. It would include benzos and opiates I think, but yeah you've gotta tell the dvla if it's a depressant you might hurt someone. If it's like an ssri I can't see any reason why though

tldr; if you feel okay driving and parking etc can function as normal don't say anything lol

Reactions: Jumper Geo and autumnal
Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
Thankyou for reply. The only time I've struggled driving is because of horrendous side effects to antipsychotic drugs and tried a few. Stiff neck and can't keep still and always happens on week 3 of taking them. Being at work like that is bloody awful. Now I've been jabbed wiv one so I'm screwed if I start with those awful side effects. I'm not going to say anything, its not worth it.

D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Man, I wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't drive either. If you get bad side-effects while driving....you might hurt someone else. Not saying you shouldn't ever drive but maybe after the side effects pass you could try it? You said around week 3 so could you not drive until then maybe? Just in case

Reactions: Loner, Jumper Geo and autumnal
Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I have too to get to work. It's 10 miles away from where I live. I can't afford taxis as well as running a car and flat. Injection is a test one monitoring side effects but I know it will be the next one I'll av problems with going off past experience. I can't function to let side effects pass. 8 hours of not being able to keep still for a minute. If this does same to me they stick that jab up their own asses and they might understand why I don't want to take them.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Man, I wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't drive either. If you get bad side-effects while driving....you might hurt someone else. Not saying you shouldn't ever drive but maybe after the side effects pass you could try it? You said around week 3 so could you not drive until then maybe? Just in case
iu

Strongly agree with this. While some medical restrictions on driving might seem unduly harsh, they are ultimately determined by medical experts and intended for the safety of everyone. Every single person who causes an accident due to their medical condition probably assumed that they were the exception to the rule and were perfectly safe to drive.

Reactions: Loner, Jumper Geo and Deleted member 14386
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I failed my theory test, I don't even need medication to screw this up

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and Scooby-Doo
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
There's no way you can maybe explain this all to your workplace? This sounds like a real bad jam

Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
You know I wouldn't mind but they've put me on fuckin allsorts and nothing for all the side effects and NOT once have they mentioned reporting to DVLA. It must have just crossed their minds yesterday. If I get those type of side effects I'll not drive. It's not fair because I don't want to take them in the first place. So far they just make me worse than I was to start with.
I failed my theory test, I don't even need medication to screw this up
I passed when I was 18, I'm 44 now and no theory in those days. I doubt id pass any theory now. Lol

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
If you have no other means to get to work and it's keeping you sane and you are a competent driver it should be fine, but with caution you know yourself if you suffer a relapse and the psychosis returns it's your own brain creating the way you are thinking and voices telling you to do things, sometimes really outrageous and dangerous to you and other people, so as long as you realize this and ignore the voices and don't act upon them you should be fine, I wouldn't say nothing.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Scooby-Doo
Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
If you have no other means to get to work and it's keeping you sane and you are a competent driver it should be fine, but with caution you know yourself if you suffer a relapse and the psychosis returns it's your own brain creating the way you are thinking and voices telling you to do things, sometimes really outrageous and dangerous to you and other people, so as long as you realize this and ignore the voices and don't act upon them you should be fine, I wouldn't say nothing.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo
My only problem is I itch and I'm uncomfortable. I think it's fleas psychiatrists think I've got psychosis. I don't think so. But after 2 years of it it drives me insane.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
My only problem is I itch and I'm uncomfortable. I think it's fleas psychiatrists think I've got psychosis. I don't think so. But after 2 years of it it drives me insane.

Are you on a compulsory treatment order for receiving the antipsychotic jabs?

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

Have a bath, lol buy some antihistamines from Boots my mum is on opioids and she itches like crazy when taking them so she had to take antihistamines and she is fine now.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo

Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I'm on antipsychotic jabs. This one is a test one that lasts a week.

Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
Have a bath, lol buy some antihistamines from Boots my mum is on opioids and she itches like crazy when taking them so she had to take antihistamines and she is fine now.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo
Oh I wish it was as simple as that. But it isn't at all.
Choice because they say if there's a 1% chance it's in my head then I should have it. I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work then I'm done.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Have you had like any serious 'episodes' , like someone audibly talking to you or hallucinations of any sort? Maybe yelling at people in the street being a danger to others etc. Or lost time and woke up somewhere else, or believing everyone is trying to 'get you' for something? Like any psychotic symptoms?

Reactions: autumnal
Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
No, not at all. Moved in with my dad it was infested with fleas 2 years later I feel I still have them. Gone through hell with it and done everything I can to sort it and still uncomfortable. Worse in hot weather.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If the nurse told me verbally and not in writing, I wouldn't disclose it, and definitely not before I knew whether it was only a one-time thing.

I'm a conscientious and ethical person, but I've had enough experience being both screwed and overlooked by the system that I no longer blindly do everything they want (I'm from the US). If the practitioner doesn't report it and there's nothing in writing to force me to be accountable, then I'd take care of myself and not the system. If you research and find the med could end up in a restriction, then at worst you're prolonging the restriction if you get caught. I'd focus on my immediate and important needs rather than what the system wants. If they want it so bad, they need to work harder for it, and if they haven't set it up to get the information more easily for themselves, then I would wonder how big of a deal it really is. I'd also get informed by researching on the DVLA website, then weigh out all the risks and problems for disclosing vs. not disclosing.

You don't have to take my advice, just sharing what I would do. I won't be surprised if others disagree. Anyone can argue against my comment if desired, I've said my piece, others can say theirs, too. It's the OP's decision, and the OP wants input to make the best decision they can for themself, no different than planning or attempting ctb. I'm pro-choice on this subject, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
No, not at all. Moved in with my dad it was infested with fleas 2 years later I feel I still have them. Gone through hell with it and done everything I can to sort it and still uncomfortable. Worse in hot weather.
I think you're okay not mentioning it. Like GPE said if they (the docs) have not told you in writing (or just straight to the DVLA) I can't see it being a big issue or they would have done it already. If there is nothing in writing you have a lack of evidence that they tried to stop you from driving. You researched this info yourself right? No-one told you.

I would not tell them, but also be careful! If you get any weird side-effects just pull over, no use risking anything

edit: this is 100% my opinion and I'm not a professional in anything, take all my words with fistfuls of salt lol

Last edited:
Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I agree with you totally. It seemed like an after thought of the nurse. I've been on a few antispychotic drugs, side effects are bad. I was put on Quetiapine and it doped me up to eyeballs. I'm suppose to take that before a night shift never mind driving! No bloody mention of DVLA then! I'm sensible and told them I can't take it anymore and I'm the one being awkward and not complying.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Have you flea-bombed the residence? It has to be done twice, the second time after 28 days I think (you can research) so that it gets all fleas that hatched after the first bomb.

Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I've fumigated my flat and car and always remember the relief I got after 1 hour after they'd gone. I went to work and felt them on me in no time. I'd been going to work from my dad's and spread em there. I'm in this situation because nobody else is bothered by them. I'm not covered in bites but I feel em in my skin. No professional person as took me seriously and referred to mental health team which are treating me for psychosis. What a fuckin nightmare! Maybe I'm crazy I don't know anymore. Lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and Jumper Geo