Homulily

Homulily

Witch of the Mortal World
Jun 1, 2023
as the title says
i've been considering this as a method to ctb, stabbing my neck with something really sharp.
it'll be painful yeah but like, would this be an effective way to ctb?

my guess is the biggest issues with making an attempt like this would be SI.
so i'd probably need to intoxicate myself, though i planned on doing that anyways before attempting to ctb.

what are the risks in using a method like this one?

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
If you're serious, it would be a big mess, very painful, and unlikely to die, if that's your goal. But if you stabbed and cut the carotid artery you would probably die, but that would take some good study of anatomy and steely nerves.

I would strongly recommend that even attempting this. šŸ¤—

Reactions: bitofftoomuch and Homulily
Homulily

Homulily

Witch of the Mortal World
Jun 1, 2023
If you're serious, it would be a big mess, very painful, and unlikely to die, if that's your goal. But if you stabbed and cut the carotid artery you would probably die, but that would take some good study of anatomy and steely nerves.

I would strongly recommend that even attempting this. šŸ¤—
Probably not serious about this method due to the mess, I don't want to be a burden on anyone especially after I ctb.
Cleaning up the blood would be a huge pain for anyone. I don't want to do that.
Was mostly just curious about how effective neck stabbing would be.

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
If someone stabs your neck, you'll probably lose consciousness relatively quickly (if its the right spot ofc). There are several videos of fights where someone ends up using a knife to slice the others throat. Blood is quick, balance/strength is lost, unconsciousness can set in quite quick.

F

failure33object

Sep 30, 2022
Not effective in my opinion unless someone's in a very extreme, desperate situation that most of us aren't probably in. Especially considering you need to get drunk before doing it, which would make you more likely to screw up.

covwillgo

covwillgo

Sep 27, 2024
I bla bla bla bla
by the way youre signature is completely incorrect. humans thrive by feeling superior or more powerful than other organisms. an expense of someone elses pain is what fuels us to keep going 90% of the time without realizing it. we care about the ones we love to some extent but it is the humour or awkward nature of anothers failure or misfortune that TRULY entertains us and provides happiness.

humans are happy in three ways
reproduction - feeling accepted - feeling superior

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
by the way youre signature is completely incorrect. humans thrive by feeling superior or more powerful than other organisms. an expense of someone elses pain is what fuels us to keep going 90% of the time without realizing it. we care about the ones we love to some extent but it is the humour or awkward nature of anothers failure or misfortune that TRULY entertains us and provides happiness.

humans are happy in three ways
reproduction - feeling accepted - feeling superior

Speak for yourself, there are many humans (including me) that thrive on connection, cooperation, and mutual respect, which doesn't involve feeling superior or more powerful than someone else. love, empathy, and purpose are kind of downplayed in your view i feel like