L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
Basically all my issues I think stem from hypothyroidism. Doctors have given me levo to treat but that makes things way worse. T4 wasn't even low. Everything started 10 years ago for me during puberty so I don't even rember what normal feels like. Ordered my own meds online which isnt Levo and felt almost normal at times but doesn't last long. Any advice or tips before I CTB? I think the effects from living like this are irreversible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Aloneandinpain, fleetingnight, Kalista and 1 other person
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I don't have any experience with this condition, so all I have to say is very general, and may or may not apply, idk. Though, finding something to self medicate with is a good start. I can understand why it's a bit discouraged, but if doctors won't help you, there's isn't much else to turn to. Do they make the medication you've been buying in an extended release? I don't have a lot of medical knowledge at all, but I have a lot of personal experience with chronic illness.

The only other thing I can think of is I've always found much more helpful advice/info on treatment from patients with my condition than from doctors. Some of my daily meds I need to get by were recommended to me by friends, not doctors. I know there's a good chance you've already browsed forums and/or support groups, but, if not, asking questions there might help more than you'd expect

Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
Basically all my issues I think stem from hypothyroidism. Doctors have given me levo to treat but that makes things way worse. T4 wasn't even low. Everything started 10 years ago for me during puberty so I don't even rember what normal feels like. Ordered my own meds online which isnt Levo and felt almost normal at times but doesn't last long. Any advice or tips before I CTB? I think the effects from living like this are irreversible.

what are your symptoms? Are you on iodine and tyrosine and a high fat diet? Have a stick of organic butter per day.

L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
what are your symptoms? Are you on iodine and tyrosine and a high fat diet? Have a stick of organic butter per day.
Honestly I tried all of this iodine was the first and I Probably went overboard with that. Did high fat with coconut oil and other oils didn't really do much. Only thing that helped was shit loads of caffeine and tyrosine especially when I got in shape. T3 is finally what made a huge difference shit doesn't last long though. Symptoms are cold hands feet brain fog that rarely clears just low body temps in general. When I first took t3 everything went away if only that could last the rest of my life.

L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
I don't have any experience with this condition, so all I have to say is very general, and may or may not apply, idk. Though, finding something to self medicate with is a good start. I can understand why it's a bit discouraged, but if doctors won't help you, there's isn't much else to turn to. Do they make the medication you've been buying in an extended release? I don't have a lot of medical knowledge at all, but I have a lot of personal experience with chronic illness.

The only other thing I can think of is I've always found much more helpful advice/info on treatment from patients with my condition than from doctors. Some of my daily meds I need to get by were recommended to me by friends, not doctors. I know there's a good chance you've already browsed forums and/or support groups, but, if not, asking questions there might help more than you'd expect
Oh yea I've done my fare share of research and asking around on other forums about my condition. It kinda sucks because for the most part doctors aren't willing to change from their old dumb ways of doing things. I really hope in the near future things change for the better especially in the medical field. The treatment I'm on is discouraged by docs but thousands of other people have seen benefits from it.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight
Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
Honestly I tried all of this iodine was the first and I Probably went overboard with that. Did high fat with coconut oil and other oils didn't really do much. Only thing that helped was shit loads of caffeine and tyrosine especially when I got in shape. T3 is finally what made a huge difference shit doesn't last long though. Symptoms are cold hands feet brain fog that rarely clears just low body temps in general. When I first took t3 everything went away if only that could last the rest of my life.

Is T3 one of the markets for hypothyroidism. There are markers you need to get checked. I heard animal fats > coconut oil. I think the consensus is you should go full carnivore.

L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
Is T3 one of the markets for hypothyroidism. There are markers you need to get checked. I heard animal fats > coconut oil. I think the consensus is you should go full carnivore.
T3 is the most active thyroid hormone the one that actually does the job. Carbohydrates raises t3 so going carnivore would be a bad idea here but I have tried that before too zero carbs type diet.

• Informative
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
you might want to try functional medicine or go see a natural path. Western medicine sucks!

Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
T3 is the most active thyroid hormone the one that actually does the job. Carbohydrates raises t3 so going carnivore would be a bad idea here but I have tried that before too zero carbs type diet.

You should check out Dr. Bright if you haven't.