LetMeDieInPeace

LetMeDieInPeace

May 29, 2020
It's kind of sad that I can only feel a bit of happiness when I'm in a virtual world on a video game. It gets my mind off the dark/negative things and I truly enjoy just driving around and interacting with the new flux of people that got the game for free from Epic. Despite the occasional griefer here and there, I find the game fun again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Deleted member 19276, raindrops and 8 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
cool, i've been playing more smash bros. recently. videogames are a good way to cope.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
It's kind of sad that I can only feel a bit of happiness when I'm in a virtual world on a video game. It gets my mind off the dark/negative things and I truly enjoy just driving around and interacting with the new flux of people that got the game for free from Epic. Despite the occasional griefer here and there, I find the game fun again.
Yeah, me too. GTA is really fun.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I need GTA 6 soon! It's been too long...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, Arvinneedstodie, Maximoo and 1 other person
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I really enjoyed GTA V. Might play it again. I tend to play 'The Witcher: Wild Hunt' over and over again haha. I absolutely love it. Hope GTA 6 comes out soon as well, like @mediocre says :smiling:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, mathieu and mediocre
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I really enjoyed GTA V. Might play it again. I tend to play 'The Witcher: Wild Hunt' over and over again haha. I absolutely love it. Hope GTA 6 comes out soon as well, like @mediocre says :smiling:
Witcher 3 is amaaazing!

• Love
Reactions: madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Witcher 3 is amaaazing!

I was never really a gamer until my dad was dying and I bought an Xbox one to keep my mind occupied. This was the first game I bought and you're darn right it's amazing haha I've played it soooo many times:pfff::pfff:

Reactions: mathieu
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I've been playing the shit out of Minecraft, building stuff takes my mind off of shit too. Before that I also happened to be playing GTA 5 online as well. But I couldn't enjoy it as much since I don't have any friends to play with not to mention when my online subscription expired I wasn't in a rush to go out in public to get another one because of the pandemic. I hope From Software's new game "Elden Ring" comes out in the next few years, I need something new to play.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Games are a great way to get away from irl stuff i've put 1500 hrs into Arma 3 but not played it for a while.
OP i couldn't get into gta 5 on my pc. The way you switch roles, like becoming a dog at one point, just made it feel a bit silly to me.
And i got stuck on a mission killing aliens or something and didnt go back. Shame as i really do enjoy gta have played them off and on since the 2D versions in the 90s! San Andreas was peak for me.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
GTA has gone downhill for the past few years. I remember when the Lazar was ''the'' overpowered vehicle. I heard someone once say that GTA Online is just domestic terrorism. It's a shame but I hope GTA 6 when it comes out in a few years will learn from 5's mistakes.

Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
No need to feel bad. Aren't we all escapists at heart? I love playing video games, open world in particular for the exact reason you do. Dreaming away, pretending for a bit that that's my life and not reality. Skyrim, Witcher and Dragon Age are my jam. Uncharted and Tomb Raider when I want something more goal oriented.

Reactions: Maximoo
M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
Same but with Sea of Thieves. What better way to escape reality than to enter a huge open world in the life of a pirate?

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
GTA V is an awesome game. The single player storyline and the characters you meet make you chuckle, because to an extent the parody of reality is true!

Multi-player is alright. They've added so much content - businesses, military gear, secret agency themed headquarters, etc, and that's awesome. The problem is that most of the vehicles and buildings are so expensive, and it's turned it into a grind-fest which sucks. Though if you don't mind the grind there's groups that can help you. Plus there's a trick to get into a solo public lobby to avoid griefers.

I can't wait for GTA 6. We are in the 20's - a new era/decade so it will be interesting to see a parody of it. I hope there's drones and a SpaceX-themed DLC! (semi-joke).

Maximoo

Maximoo

Mar 2, 2019
I love GTA V! Can't wait for the next game. I don't play online as I usually stick to solo playing but the campaign is great as well if you havent already checked it out. Been playing more Fallout recently too. Tomb Raider, TWDG, Life Is Strange, so many great games out there

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
I loved GTA V! Ah, the memories...I had so much fun harassing and torturing the NPCs in this game, especially Amanda, Tracey, and Jimmy who were beyond mega-annoying. I really loved this mission when you play as Franklin and you have to sneak inside Michael's home. I always used this opportunity to inflict serious damage on Michael's family. Bullets would fly, windows and TVs would get shattered, people would get shot in every single body part imaginable.

Seriously though, I loved the pure chaos and wildness and sheer fun of GTA V and its satirical, irreverent tone. Definitely can't wait for GTA VI!

Last edited:
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I blame San Andreas for being here

Reactions: terry_a_davis
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Because my shit should have been over before my eighteenth birthday but then that game came out and I bought a ps2. No hurry I thought and the rest is history. There was always something new to distract me. Now I can't fix anything

D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I can relate to the gaming thing. It seems the rest of the world is so gross at times, the only escape we can truly find is into gaming.
A world, virtual, outside of this one with it's set of better rules and most importantly - A more enjoyable one. A lot more enjoyable one.
I have not played GTA V in quite some time... Never had a proper friend for multi with it or for online. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: terry_a_davis