maka

maka

this is for you, my little crow 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
Just like the title says. I've been reading up on literally every single partial thread I could find here and some say that you shouldn't do the knot on the back of the neck but in the front instead, and others say you should do it in the back. I don't know if it doesn't matter or if you have a higher likelihood with one? Is one more comfortable? What is the difference?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
For hanging, the back of the neck. For strangulation, the knot goes at the front. You wouldn't want the knot in front, as it could block your trachea, which is not what you want (very uncomfortable death). You want to constrict your arterie(s), not your windpipe. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you something different. Anyway, read more about hanging in general here:

https://archive.ashspace.org/ash.xanthia.com/suspension.html

I'm not even sure how someone could do partial with the knot at the front. What would they do, lean backwards? What I've told you is how I understand the best practice to be based on everything I've read. Also, my cousin died by partial, and although not all details were divulged, it was clear that he tied a rope to a clothing rod in a closet, formed a ligature around his neck with the other end, braced his feet up against the back wall of the closet, and then simply leaned forward (knot at back of neck). I have no idea as to the type of rope he used, or whether he immobilized his hands, or not, behind his back.