Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
I've been in this facility for going on 10 days, and last night I had my first breakdown since I've been here. It started with me shaking, trembling, and crying. It got worse because I need alcohol and I can't have it. All night I couldn't sleep, and my outbursts was so bad, they took my roommate and put him somewhere else.

At some point early this morning I fell asleep, and slept well into the afternoon. I'm trying to keep my cool but I need my alcohol. This is torture.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: onleana, Manaaja, OrcWitch and 13 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really horrible what you are going through, I'm sorry you are in this situation. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Under The Graveyard, LADY007 and Snake of Eden
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
That does sound really rough, I'm sorry you have to experience that. Strength.

Reactions: Under The Graveyard and OrcWitch
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
sorry to hear that. Do you have to stay there for a long time?

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
How long do you have to stay in there? Is there a max time?

Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I went through alcohol withdrawal at one of these facilities as well, but thankfully, I only had to stay there for 5 days. I was fortunate not to have a roommate, so I could cry freely; I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have someone else in the room with you.

I don't know what your facility is like, but distraction is key. Do any activities they offer, and talk to other inmates to make the time go by faster. Also request sleeping pills when evening comes to knock yourself out (if they aren't already offering sedatives).

Reactions: Under The Graveyard and OrcWitch
D

Deleted member 8975

I've been in this facility for going on 10 days, and last night I had my first breakdown since I've been here. It started with me shaking, trembling, and crying. It got worse because I need alcohol and I can't have it. All night I couldn't sleep, and my outbursts was so bad, they took my roommate and put him somewhere else.

At some point early this morning I fell asleep, and slept well into the afternoon. I'm trying to keep my cool but I need my alcohol. This is torture.
If you have unlimited access to your phone and internet, take advantage of that. Youtube your way through this when you have the opportunities and keep yourself mentally distracted at all times so as to not allow the environment to beat you down.

Keep us updated!

Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
sorry to hear that. Do you have to stay there for a long time?
How long do you have to stay in there? Is there a max time?
I have no idea what their plans are yet. My roommate has been here for over 4 years and he doesn't know when they are going to let him leave. So I am guessing there's no max time limit you can be here. I wish I knew.
I went through alcohol withdrawal at one of these facilities as well, but thankfully, I only had to stay there for 5 days. I was fortunate not to have a roommate, so I could cry freely; I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have someone else in the room with you.

I don't know what your facility is like, but distraction is key. Do any activities they offer, and talk to other inmates to make the time go by faster. Also request sleeping pills when evening comes to knock yourself out (if they aren't already offering sedatives).
They don't have a lot for activities. A basketball hoop, TV in living room area, and walking around outside. That's about it.

If you have unlimited access to your phone and internet, take advantage of that. Youtube your way through this when you have the opportunities and keep yourself mentally distracted at all times so as to not allow the environment to beat you down.

Keep us updated!
I watch YouTube all the time. I like watching how things are made, and I'll watch some comedy things like pranks.

• Wow
Reactions: Crazy4u