L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Hi everyone,

I cut all my ties with my ex a couple of days ago because I had a talk with a friend, and they understood me and the whole situation and I stopped feeling suicidal for a little, which is significant to me due to how I've had suicidal wishes and thoughs for the past 13 years. It's funny that when I temporarily regained my will to live and I laid out a plan of trying to «recover» for the 100th time, I broke my toe the day after when I was about to leave my apartment to attempt that recovery. The physical pain almost made me reach for my SN and it still hurts a lot.

I originally decided a month ago that if I failed my next CTB attempt, that I'd take it as a sign and become a right-to-die and euthanasia activist. I have not tried to CTB this month, but I think part of my «recovery» attempt now will be to join the euthanasia organizations in my country and to also join some religious group. I don't believe in God, but I would be able to meet like minded people there in terms of the life style they and myself live. Several people from that religion think that it would be good for me and they are aware that I don't fully believe in God. I also want to do volunteering and help out in general. I have a family member that is a part of that religious group and she has PTSD as well, been through a lot of what I've gone through, and her life seem to have improved a lot once she joined them. She don't believe in God either, but that whole environment seem to keep her away from her key triggers, which is what I want as well.

I want to focus a lot on the euthanasia work and help out with that. I think I'd be the youngest member in their organization, but I think it's a big issue that my own country does not have assisted suicide when almost 80% of the population is pro assisted suicide, but every political party is against it. There's too few voices for it politically and I want to be a voice and highlight this. I'm also gonna join some philosophical discussion groups to intellectually stimulate myself because I'm tierd of casual and empty conversations.

So apart from resting for the next 3 weeks while my toe heals, these things will be a part of my new «recovery plan». I think I'll also get into a relationship soon with one of my friends, who actually have supported me in all of this for the past half year as they confessed their attraction and interest in me a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pickajack, Pluto, Heartaches and 6 others
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Rooting for you

LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
I can only wish you the best !

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Very good ideas 🍀🍀🍀

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, LivideLamb and katagiri83
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Sounds good! Well done for preserving this far, I hope things work out well.

• Hugs
Reactions: lionetta12
Kurushii

Kurushii

Student
Jan 14, 2023
That sounds like a wonderful idea! And I wish you a speedy recovery. I was thinking of becoming an advocate for the right to die too, but it's such a daunting idea, I wouldn't know where to even start. I do think change is possible, however difficult it may be to achieve it.

• Hugs
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
This sounds like a good plan. 💚

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Sounds good! Well done for preserving this far, I hope things work out well.
Thank you! I wish things can work out for everyone here as well, wheter if that is to find peace or to recover.
That sounds like a wonderful idea! And I wish you a speedy recovery. I was thinking of becoming an advocate for the right to die too, but it's such a daunting idea, I wouldn't know where to even start. I do think change is possible, however difficult it may be to achieve it.
Thank you for your wishes! Yeah, it seems a bit difficult, not just because of the stigma but also because there's not a whole lot of organizations or movements for the right to die in general. I believe the law and views upon it might change, but I agree that it would probably be a difficult and long road.
This sounds like a good plan. 💚
I hope so, it pains me to see how other people are suffering and that there's no laws that can help them.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
ceus

ceus

<3
Nov 17, 2022
Hey there kindred soul <3

It feels like a stroke of luck to have stumbled upon your thread since I had the exact same intention.
As you can read in my first post I plan to CTB end of this year. In the meantime I try to keep my act together and discover life's more obscure corners and perspectives.
After spending quite some time in this forum reading the stories of countless people I have come to the conclusion that one of the most meaningful things I could do is to give people like us a voice.
Stand up against the stigma and oppression that is being exerted.
Raise my voice, filled with all the concerns, troubles and wishes I've had for so long but wouldn't dare to express.
Cry out the deficiencies and double standards that are plagueing this world.
Loudly appreciate the amazing reality of being able to express and be oneself without fear of judgement.

I've already looked up some organizations here in Germany. Yet there is a frightening lack of the same.
There are some with the intention to accompany those suffering a terminal illness.
Yet no mention about "Freitod" (it means so much as "free to die" in German = Syn. Suicide).

You can gladly PM me about it or just continue in this thread if you got any leads or actions to start with.

If I can help you with anything, you are more than welcome to ask me for help.

I'm capable of academic research, proper citation and writing.
I have an IT Background so if you figured out the proper way to approach this whole thing and need help with a website or something tell me!

Also I wish you the best of luck for the relationship that is to come :)
Sounds like you have someone special there <3

Reactions: pickajack