B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
If in the past if I could of predicted I would get this sick, I would of definitely tried to become a citizen in the Netherlands. To think you wont have to worry about a thing if you get sick. Its worth it, then I would probably move back to America. Im worse than Gaby I have severe tinnitus and Hyperacusis as well as much more illnesses beside this one.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pookie and KleinerWolf
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Everything about the Netherlands appeals to me. It's such a curse to live in America. :aw:

Reactions: Conker, Pookie and daddy Phil :)
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
mijn nederlands is heel slecht.

Reactions: Pookie, daddy Phil :), redsnowflakes and 1 other person
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Everything about the Netherlands appeals to me. It's such a curse to live in America. :aw:
You got that right. So puritanical. "You're not allowed to enjoy life, but don't you dare think about leaving!"

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, demuic and Buffy5120
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
The Netherlands is an amazing country, very forward in every way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, daddy Phil :), Gnip and 2 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
The Netherlands is an amazing country, very forward in every way.
I'm Dutch . Why do you all seem to think it's that great here?

Reactions: Aspergirl, daddy Phil :), redsnowflakes and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Well I've been there and find you guys very friendly, progressive country, peaceful and those little boats in the canal are so cute.

• Love
Reactions: daddy Phil :), disabledandhopeless, voyager and 6 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Mainly the option of a dignified exit, unlike here in America where we regard euthanasia with disdain.

Reactions: Conker, Pookie, redsnowflakes and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Mainly the option of a dignified exit, unlike here in America where we regard euthanasia with disdain.
My brother applied for euthanasia years ago. He was sick for as long as I know
He got denied...

It's not that easy to get permission

My brother was news all over Europe almost two years ago when he committed suïcide by cop ..

Really, the mental health care might be better here, but it's not how foreigners think it is

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: fly away, Tigri, Kruger and 10 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
He got denied...

My brother was news all over Europe almost two years ago when he committed suïcide by cop ..

Really, the mental health care might be better here, but it's not how foreigners think it is
That sounds truly dreadful... I am so sorry! :aw:
I suppose as a foreigner I do possess the tendency to put the Netherlands on a pedestal. I apologize for my ignorance on the matter.

• Hugs
Reactions: redsnowflakes and Myforevercharlie
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
He got denied...

Im sorry to hear that I know its still hard to get especially with mental illness what did your brother suffer from?

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
@Wrennie , that's oke :)

@Buffy5120
Voices, depression, anxiety. When he was four, he said he didn't belong here .

He was 31 when he left. A life of struggling, but he was the sweetest guy ..not the nut some websites made of him

A bystander filmed him being shot down, and uploaded it.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kruger, Conker, disabledandhopeless and 5 others
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
@Wrennie , that's oke :)

@Buffy5120
Voices, depression, anxiety. When he was four, he said he didn't belong here .

He was 31 when he left. A life of struggling, but he was the sweetest guy ..not the nut some websites made of him

A bystander filmed him being shot down, and uploaded it.
Omg thats horrible again I apologize yeah I understand how hard it is to get assisted suicide anywhere in the world for mental illness even in the Netherlands which I so much wish would change. Mental illness is invisible so its so much harder for people to understand. I wanted to become a lawyer I love fighting for human rights and equality. Its just inhumane that people cant see or understand this. I have few physical diseases but tinnitus isn't a mental illness it does involve disrumption in the brain but i guess it listed as physical which is probably the reason why Abby was accepted.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, redsnowflakes and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
It would be great if you did became a lawyer! Not enough people are there who and understand mental illnesses and the law.

My smileys aren't working. But I send you a big hug!

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120 and Busdriver
R

redsnowflakes

Dec 8, 2020
I am Dutch and I don't like it here. The nature in America is so beautiful. I wish I would live there. It seems so nice there. Here it is dark, rainy and most people are selfish.

'off topic: it's really hard here to found reliable sites for SN.'

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I am Dutch and I don't like it here. The nature in America is so beautiful. I wish I would live there. It seems so nice there. Here it is dark, rainy and most people are selfish.

'off topic: it's really hard here to found reliable sites for SN.'
U havent tried to apply for euthanasia? What illnesses do u have I guess Belgium is more ideal than

Reactions: Gnip and redsnowflakes
R

redsnowflakes

Dec 8, 2020
U havent tried to apply for euthanasia? What illnesses do u have I guess Belgium is more ideal than
I have depression, PTSD, personality disorder stuff, anxiety, trusting issues and more. I have therapy for 16 years now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
U haven't tried to apply for euthanasia? What illnesses do u have I guess Belgium is more ideal than

There are states like Oregon, California, Washington, Vermont and Maine which may try catching up to Belgium over the next four years. Some of the smaller progressive states might push ballot initiatives which if passed by voters could override any government opposition. It takes just one state to legalize and enact psychiatrist administered euthanasia to trigger a domino effect.

Reactions: Pookie
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
There are states like Oregon, California, Washington, Vermont and Maine which may try catching up to Belgium over the next four years. Some of the smaller progressive states might push ballot initiatives which if passed by voters could override any government opposition. It takes just one state to legalize and enact psychiatrist administered euthanasia to trigger a domino effect.
Right now they only accept terminal right?

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Right now they only accept terminal right?

As of now, yes. But in Oregon especially, they seem to be moving quickly, and California may be trying to outcompete Oregon in this and other areas.