L

lostmind

Oct 25, 2020
Hey

Read through a lot of Beachy Head threads but haven't seen this question answered so far.

What happens if the Chaplains do manage to talk you away, and the police arrive? Do you always get taken away/sectioned? Could they just let you on your way if you seem ok?

The idea of being sectioned worries me the most.

Thanks

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and StateOfMind
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
Hey

Read through a lot of Beachy Head threads but haven't seen this question answered so far.

What happens if the Chaplains do manage to talk you away, and the police arrive? Do you always get taken away/sectioned? Could they just let you on your way if you seem ok?

Thanks
You wouldn't be sectioned unless you show signs of a serious mental disorder. Even an actual suicide attempt doesn't get you sectioned. I have heard this from people who have attempted suicide. These days the NHS mental health services are so under resources that you may not even get psychological support.

Reactions: asdwannadie, Jumper Geo, Ἡγησίας and 1 other person
O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
I do think someone from here did actually get sectioned. He was caught and wrote about it.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ctb-didnt-work-out.3503/

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Viov

Viov

Aug 13, 2020
I didn't get sectioned.... they can't if you are in a reasonably 'normal 'state - they take you to the police station where a mental health nurse talks to you as well as the officers and after a few hours I was allowed to go. They drove me back to get my car, too.

Reactions: Jumper Geo and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Just like beachy head has residenrial chaplains, we have our very own residential beachy head consultant @Jumper Geo who may be able to help with this question

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Hey

Thanks

I have read about a women who was on the edge and jumped and a resue worker risked his life by grabbing her hand, he nearly went over but it turns out she returned 2 weeks later but never went near the edge or jumped, the chaplins call the Police if they speak to you or think your in destress, I'm sure I read a blog about a beachy head jumper who went with the Police and he had a cup of tea and they released him but there is a good chance you will be sectioned if your symptoms don't improve.

Here are some interesting links.
Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mm80
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
I'm going tomorrow to CTB....been wanting to go for years and finally now life has fallen apart for the thousand time it's time to go...happy to go alone but if anyone was needing a buddy to go with am happy for you to tag along

• Hugs
D

DJJE

Sep 29, 2020
They've got a large number of safety procedures in place. The police will section you under S136 where you'll get taken to a safe space for 24 hours. Then moved to a hospital for a few days under S2, where you'll receive intensive treatment.

The intensive treatment staff are pretty good. It's the community ones that are a waist of space.

• Hugs
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
That is if they catch you...not planning on hanging around...straight there and straight off
I have done the mental health section a couple of times and was transferred to a secure unit where I managed to make them think I was ok after 2 weeks rather than the 6 month section. Life has been bad since I was 5 am now 48 and it is no better...the last relationship breakdown was the last straw and have been putting this off for a month thinking it would get better...the only way this gets better is to CTB...this is my best option going BH as have tried so many times to end it but always failed...even went off tower bridge in 1988 but survived, don't want to fail again...

Last edited:
  • Wow