Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Aligato
there is a toy camera that has flirted with me insistently since some time. Disarming. I must surrender.
It's a rare digital model, not based on 32mm film unlike Lomo/Holga, which appears practical for play
that model was crowdfunded on Kickstarter but I missed the campaign. It's a made in Japan brand which doesn't seem to get a big distribution elsewhere, if at all. For the time being, I'm failing to retrieve where it is available
Please PM me if you'd manage to get around in Japan, on and offline...
cheers (Sake)

Reactions: Isadeth, Brick In The Wall, Deleted member 1465 and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
What brand/model is the camera you're looking for? I'd love to go to Japan but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe I can atleast help you look for one.

Reactions: puppy9 and Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
What brand/model is the camera you're looking for? I'd love to go to Japan but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe I can atleast help you look for one.

Word!
I went to Tokyo with my father as a kid. I vaguely remember the place as kinda funky, overflooded, cryptic ....kaleidoscopical ?

Looking for this, which has many intriguing modes to fool around with creativity :) (look at the very bottom of the page)

Such features packed, digitalised, became quite rare (a few models have been discontinued). Toy cameras "only in Japan" :) that's their thing. It may not provide the best quality of effects (not clean, not enough filthy or derailing) but is handy to manipulate and have fun shooting

initially, it's a photo apparel

edit : I did contact the manufacturer about where to find it, even in "japanese symbology" ^^, yet never got a reply :(

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Silvermorning and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
So I searched everywhere and have mostly come across their twin lense camera the "Ampel." The kickstarter campaign for the "Ziegel" is still pretty recent.

Maybe they've only done the first limited production of the camera and are either waiting to do another run or work out issues they've had. I navigated their online shop even and was unable to find the model.

I'd be patient and keep searching from time to time. Eventually one is bound to turn up somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, Silvermorning and Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
That service of before sales was so ace, it made me forget about the product. Thus, I'll wait without effort.
No seriously, thanks for the time you took :hug: you're right by all account.
I'll stop chewing my nails and pluck my eyebrows (will keep me entertained for longer) in the meantime *serious face*

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
That service of before sales was so ace, it made me forget about the product. Thus, I'll wait without effort.
No seriously, thanks for the time you took :hug: you're right by all account.
I'll stop chewing my nails and pluck my eyebrows (will keep me entertained for longer) in the meantime *serious face*
No worries brother, I'll keep checking from time to time :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
@Brick In The Wall well guessed

reddit user who backed the Kickstarter funding
56F35966 FF0F 4150 8100 8CF6C985B85F

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
They launched a new running campaign at Indiegogo this time

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad sign. In the past, I've been extremely unlucky when backing up projects. Most of them never saw the light and some were pure scams, and run away with the money to sip cocktails at a paradise island, like this one which has many ennemies wanting to kill the project creators.

So yeah, I supported 3 campaigns and more items but only ever received a single one out of maybe 6. The legal aspect of these crowdfunding portal is a hoax because they let you down and cannot intervene to refund money.

Yet it seems like it's the most straight-forward way for me to go, at the risk of falling once again into that trap of unfinished developments and gamble money. Wish me luck!