• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
How viable is this?
It's the barium ion that is toxic. The carbonate is irrelevant.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information available about barium poisoning. It causes stomach pain, but I have not been able to find out how bad the pain is.
If you are thinking of going this route, I would suggest that you first scour the internet for whatever information is out there. It probably would work, but there is contradictory information on what constitutes a fatal dose.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
You'd need a lot of carbonate, way more than the other soluble barium salts like chloride. There's also been one person on here who attempted with a barium salt & their experience was bad enough that they said they wouldn't use the method again. There isn't a lot of information on it, and what is available makes it seem unreliable & unpleasant as a method

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You'd need a lot of carbonate, way more than the other soluble barium salts like chloride. There's also been one person on here who attempted with a barium salt & their experience was bad enough that they said they wouldn't use the method again. There isn't a lot of information on it, and what is available makes it seem unreliable & unpleasant as a method
Maybe not. Barium carbonate is not very soluble in water, but it would dissolve in the acidic environment of the stomach. It would be best swallowed as a paste, not a solution.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Maybe not. Barium carbonate is not very soluble in water, but it would dissolve in the acidic environment of the stomach. It would be best swallowed as a paste, not a solution.
The CDC cites BaCl2 & Ba(NO3)2 as the most acutely toxic of the barium salts with as little as 800mg being fatal for an adult man. I don't have human values for the carbonate, but its oral LD50 in rats is 418 mg/kg while the rat LD50 for the chloride is 78 mg/kg. Barium carbonate also turns into barium chloride when it reacts with stomach acid, so it seems like it would be a slower process than just using the chloride to begin with

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
The CDC cites BaCl2 & Ba(NO3)2 as the most acutely toxic of the barium salts with as little as 800mg being fatal for an adult man. I don't have human values for the carbonate, but its oral LD50 in rats is 418 mg/kg while the rat LD50 for the chloride is 78 mg/kg. Barium carbonate also turns into barium chloride when it reacts with stomach acid, so it seems like it would be a slower process than just using the chloride to begin with
Yes, barium carbonate would be slower, but it still ought to work. Presumably if OP could obtain barium chloride he wouldn't have asked about barium carbonate.

Reactions: Daydream Believer and M48 Patton
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Yes, barium carbonate would be slower, but it still ought to work. Presumably if OP could obtain barium chloride he wouldn't have asked about barium carbonate.
Yep all I was saying with my first comment was that it would take more carbonate than a soluble salt 😅 And that barium toxicity itself sounds unpleasant. Barium chloride is sold on the most popular online market though

Reactions: Linda
M

M48 Patton

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Thanks, it doesn't seem the most promising of methods. But it is an option, granted not pleasant.