MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Hey everyone,
My Dr has referred me for weight loss surgery. I don't plan to be here for that long, but just in case I'm asking for opinions.

She has assured me that having this will make me a new person, ease my arthritis and fibromyalgia and improve my depression / anxiety.
I really don't know tbh, I feel bad even going to the first appointment if I won't go through with the op.

Love and peace ❤

• Hugs
Reactions: Finis Autem Spero and TheDevilsAngel
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I would do it, if I was a candidate. I have seen it work wonders! Good luck, whatever you choose.

• Love
Reactions: Sensei, TheDevilsAngel and MsMaudlin
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Maybe it would be worth a try as seen as you are getting the opportunity... But it is your decided :-)... I wish you luck and hope you find happiness and peace you deserve whatever you choose to do...

• Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin and Sensei
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I don't know your circumstances,but here,in the UK,to qualify for this surgery on the NHS (universal healthcare),you are first required to lose an agreed amount of weight. This is to prove that you are prepared to make the lifestyle changes neccessary to maintain the weight loss and not simply stretch the remaining stomach space.
If you are committed to increase in exercise,change in diet and overall lifestyle and also prepared for what is quite invasive surgery that will require considerable recovery time,then it might be the thing for you and perhaps a reason to stick around a little longer.
Only one person can make this decision and that is YOU! I really hope you come to a decision that suits you. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I don't know your circumstances,but here,in the UK,to qualify for this surgery on the NHS (universal healthcare),you are first required to lose an agreed amount of weight. This is to prove that you are prepared to make the lifestyle changes neccessary to maintain the weight loss and not simply stretch the remaining stomach space.
If you are committed to increase in exercise,change in diet and overall lifestyle and also prepared for what is quite invasive surgery that will require considerable recovery time,then it might be the thing for you and perhaps a reason to stick around a little longer.
Only one person can make this decision and that is YOU! I really hope you come to a decision that suits you. Good luck!
Thankyou for responding.

Yes I'm in the UK. I think you have to lose about 10kg in 6 months to qualify or something.
I'm 99% housebound so the exercise thing is a no no.
I doubt I'll be around in 6 months anyway, just feel bad about taking an appointment up now x

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Acquaintance of mine had it done.
It won't turn you into a model, she went from 155kg (25 stone?) To 90 kg (15 stone?) in 8 months. She could barely walk and can move.
It very likely will improve the pain from your arthritis. More movement/exercise may help with your depression.
The reduced weight may help with self image and self esteem.
It does carry some risk and may incur complications.

Go for it if it's made available to you

• Love
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Sleeved 2/19/18. Best thing I have done. I am so much more comfortable. Still 22.4 lbs from goal, but I'll get there. I look human again.

• Love
hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
My therapist had it done in late 2018 and has been uniformly positive about the results (except she had to basically give up carbonated drinks, which she loves).

• Love
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
My mom had it done a while back and it definitely helped her out. She started to feel more herself again and confident I suppose. The only problem is, she drank a lot and wouldn't eat very much and lost too much weight too fast, and now has some skin problems. I will say look into juice plus supplements, they seemed to also do a good job. Her procedure though was the one where they reroute your intestines a bit.

• Love