• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
Has anyone constructed their own? SN supply has dried up, I thought I had a confirmed order but they cancelled. :(

However the components and chemicals required to make a CO2 scrubber are easily and legally available.

I'm totally confident in my engineering skills. Construction of a rebreather would not be a problem. I'm not a chemist, however, so I'm unsure if anything other than soda lime is needed. Any input and opinions very welcome.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I'm very curious about this too, given that the rebreather no longer seems to be shipping to people.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@Walilamdzi, use the site search for debreather and rebreather. There are multiple threads about how to make one's own debreather, and a member is currently working on the finishing touches for one. It's a bit strange to me that you reactivate so many old threads, but in this case it's odd because there's at least one active thread about this, and it's been linked in the thread for the ReBreather that's not currently shipping. I'm trying not to judge, it just feels very odd that you revive old threads for such a variety of methods, and I'm not the first one who's mentioned something similar. I responded here not so much because I believe you're seeking a response, but because now that the conversation is going again, someone else may also seek the information. Again, just...it feels weird. What's up?

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@Walilamdzi, use the site search for debreather and rebreather. There are multiple threads about how to make one's own debreather, and a member is currently working on the finishing touches for one. It's a bit strange to me that you reactivate so many old threads, but in this case it's odd because there's at least one active thread about this, and it's been linked in the thread for the ReBreather that's not currently shipping. I'm trying not to judge, it just feels very odd that you revive old threads for such a variety of methods, and I'm not the first one who's mentioned something similar. I responded here not so much because I believe you're seeking a response, but because now that the conversation is going again, someone else may also seek the information. Again, just...it feels weird. What's up?
Why does it matter which threads I discuss in/respond to? I haven't seen that thread.

EDIT:
Oh it seems I had seen it, I read so many threads that I forgot. I'm investigating most methods, because I found partial impossible I guess, and I don't really know how to source anything since I have family watching my every move... so I'm just doing as much research as possible.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Why does it matter which threads I discuss in/respond to? I haven't seen that thread.

EDIT:
Oh it seems I had seen it, I read so many threads that I forgot. I'm investigating most methods, because I found partial impossible I guess, and I don't really know how to source anything since I have family watching my every move... so I'm just doing as much research as possible.

You're totally right that it doesn't matter, but I genuinely appreciate you responding. Rationally, I know that just because something seems odd to me doesn't mean that it is, and I tried to make it clear that I was having feelings, and that they were mine. Now, understanding a bit more about your situation has helped me see you with compassion rather than suspicion. I get that it's totally my responsibility to deal with how I see things, but because you were willing to engage, you helped me work through something I was struggling with on my own. Thank you. :hug:

Btw, one reason why I felt it was best to ask, a couple of months ago there was a member who asked tons of basic questions about SN, and members kept referring him to resources, including me. He spoke up for himself and said he was autistic and had processing issues, and that asking lots of questions was the best way for him. After that, I felt calmed, and I was happy to see him ask questions, and sometimes even answered them. I also would have gone to bat for him after that if anyone gave him a hard time! :pfff: His willingness to be vulnerable reaped rewards for him and also blessed me. Thank you for being willing to be a bit vulnerable in response to my question. It blessed me as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Walilamdzi