D

DownDan

Oct 24, 2019
I sometimes get really bad thoughts, I imagine things that are horrible and it kinda disturbs me.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Depends what you class as bad?
I like to murder people in my mind who I dislike, that is rather disturbing so please don't tell my CPN!

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, DownDan and BPD_LE
Madame Psychosis

Madame Psychosis

Jan 2, 2019
I sometimes get fleeting thoughts about hurting strangers, though they aren't as "loud" as my thoughts of self-harm. I would never, ever lay a finger on anyone else. I'm a peaceful person. (If thoughts of hurting others disturb you, chances are good that you are, too.)

From what I understand, everybody thinks about doing horrible things once in a while. It might be that people with mental illness have greater difficulty dismissing these bad thoughts because they're inclined to dwell on things/lose themselves inside their own heads/get stuck in thought loops.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and DownDan
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I sometimes get really bad thoughts, I imagine things that are horrible and it kinda disturbs me.
If you're talking about killing people, I get it all the time.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and DownDan
D

DownDan

Oct 24, 2019
Thanks all, yeah mostly about hurting others or wishing they were dead. I wouldn't tell my cpn. I'm a gentle giant really.

Reactions: Itsalmosttime, BPD_LE and TheDevilsAngel
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Thanks all, yeah mostly about hurting others or wishing they were dead. I wouldn't tell my cpn. I'm a gentle giant really.
Most of us have that so don't worry or be hard on yourself. It's normal for the abnormal.

Reactions: DownDan and Itsalmosttime
coma-baby

coma-baby

Misanthropic Drunken Loner
Aug 21, 2019
The other day while I was walking down the street, I got the urge to gouge out the eyes of the next person that walked past me. To combat this thought, I turned up the volume of my headphones and tried to sing along to the playlist I was listening to.
Intrusive thoughts, even violent ones that make your stomach wretch as soon as you have them, don't make you a bad person. They just happen sometimes.

Reactions: DownDan
teotme

teotme

Oct 26, 2019
There was a period of time several years ago where I fantasied a lot about a survivor games arena I'd put all the horrible people who had treated me badly. Basically the scum would compete to reach the goal of each stage while trying to avoid becoming crocodile / lion / cheetah lunch, entertaining the cheering crowd.