TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
It's frustrating that I always forget something. I be making groceries shopping lists and I still forget to buy something. They say there's a new theme on SS and want to try it since some hours but I always forget to do so- only threads remind me but then I shortly forget it again and the cycle goes on. I fuckign hate my memory, I can't remember anything and I'm always like ''what I wanted to do earlier?''.

...What I wanted to say now? I forgot what I wanted to say in order to continue this post. I'll edit later if I remember.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: motyxia, Skathon, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I feel this post deep within my soul. I deal with intense brain fog as part of my illness and I forget shit ALL THE TIME... I'm absolutely god awful at writing shopping lists because of it, and almost every single time I have to get up to do something I just stop and blankly stare into space and just ask myself, "Wait, why did I get up again?" My long-term memory is sharp as a tack (which REALLY sucks when it comes to certain things) but my short-term memory is absolutely pitiful.

It's so frustrating forgetting what you have to say... I feel for you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: motyxia, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
For many years I've been completely reliant on a 'to do' text file that I keep on my phone. I used to keep a small notepad for the same purpose before that.

Shopping is the worst, as my mind blanks just from being in the environment of a supermarket.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: motyxia, Lostandlooking, Beeper and 1 other person
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
For many years I've been completely reliant on a 'to do' text file that I keep on my phone. I used to keep a small notepad for the same purpose before that.

Shopping is the worst, as my mind blanks just from being in the environment of a supermarket.
holy cow I feel this with every fiber of my being. whenever i get in a grocery shop i get too overwhelmed and forget everything. even why i went there in the first place.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: motyxia, Huntfish34 and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I think agoraphobia might have something to do with it. Apparently the word agoraphobia translates to 'fear of the marketplace'.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and TheHatedOne
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have a terrible memory, I understand. In my case I very easily get distracted and I always forget things. Being alive really is terrible.

• Love
Reactions: motyxia and Huntfish34
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I forget everything too. Stuff is all a blur to my muddled mind. Things that happened this morning feel like six months ago. I can't remember the chronology of anything - something could have been a week ago or a month ago. I can't recall the specifics of anything either. My concentration is disastrous as well. Can't focus or follow TV shows or movies. It just feels like moving wallpaper to me. Brain fog is a nightmare.

• Love
Reactions: motyxia and Skathon