• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

X

Xraydav

Feb 28, 2019
Parents are retired so they are home all the time and rarely are out for long enough with me. I can't think of any reason they would come down to the basement or my sister who's living here currently during the night. I wanted to be gone a long time ago but can't seem to find the opportunity l. I just don't want them to come down for an odd reason and save me

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, throwaway777, Dead_Inside and 3 others
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
It would be good to know the method. Can you Go inside the woods you also save your parents some pain to see you like this.

Reactions: Circles, lynn14, Xraydav and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I definitely wouldn't chance it in your position. If it's within your means, a hotel or motel would arguably be a better option

Reactions: Circles, Xraydav and fisil
Mariomcfly

Mariomcfly

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I will be taking a nice three day vacation the night before check out I will ctb. I will leave a note with a nice tip for the cleaning lady to call the cops. I don't want to do it at home because my family will have their hand full with what ever they decide to do that they don't need to clean up my mess. I don't want them to have the constant reminder that I killed my self in my room every time they go in there or pass by. I also don't want them to feel guilty that they could of prevented it witch I'm sure they will already feel like that anyways. Hopefully my note will give them some peace and closure. I would suggest hotel, some where other than your home for the peace of your family and to insure success.

Reactions: Circles, lynn14, 21Neberg and 5 others
L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
Don't do it in the house or on the property.

Book a hotel/motel room (preferably at a big chain, so no smaller mom and pop type places get stuck with huge cleanup bills).
Or go to a government run national park camp sight, or just into the woods on public property.

Killing yourself in your parent's home comes with a lot of issues.

First, your leaving your family to find your body which would traumatize them. They will also be left with the memories of what happened in the house and may want to move after all of this.

Second, You may lower the value of their home with your death. They may have to disclose it, if they sell the house which could devalue it a lot.
In my opinion that is rather selfish and inconciderate in itself.

Please also note that even when using a hotel room there are certin steps you should take like possibly doing whatever your going to do in the bathroom and leaving signs around. Or curtaining off the room at the door with a sheet.

Please be considerate of others, and try to minimize the trauma as much as possible, with whatever you do. You may be in a lot of pain but please try not to spread it as much onto others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, Coolchicka, Ruffian and 7 others
X

Xraydav

Feb 28, 2019
It would be good to know the method. Can you Go inside the woods you also save your parents some pain to see you like this.
Partial suspension and I can't because I can't drive.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Actually, in the past when I really wanted to die, I have considered this option due to the lesser chance of intervention/interference towards my plan. This is because under the cover of darkness, seclusion, and sleep, it is easy to sneak out of the house and to a location to CTB. If I was CTB'ing in May 2019 (had I not recovered back in March 2019), that's what I would have done, gone in the veil of darkness, while parents and other were asleep, away from home, to a remote location and then CTB.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Please also note that even when using a hotel room there are certin steps you should take like possibly doing whatever your going to do in the bathroom and leaving signs around. Or curtaining off the room at the door with a sheet.
can you explain more about this part?

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
I think that would leave your family with severe PTSD, if I were to CTB I would rather them find out by someone else (authorities) than actually finding my body

stillwoozy

stillwoozy

May 28, 2019
I'd try not to. Your body may convulse and your sister will hear or something. Plus, it will traumatize them even more than your death already will. If you want to inflict the least amount of grief, I'd advise to ctb NOT in your family's home.

As an anecdote, when I attempted via an OD on a concoction of drugs, I would've succeeded if my sister didn't find me in a coma in the early morning.

If you decide your only option is to ctb at home, I'd lock your door and tape a notice up that basically says you are already dead / call the police so the authorities can find your body before your parents. I cannot imagine the horror of walking in and being surprised by your child's hanging corpse.

Reactions: Xraydav
L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
can you explain more about this part?
Well, for me personally, I am going to kill myself in a hotel room.

I would say its recommended to do whatever your going to do in the bathroom, because you can close the door, and if your method allows you to, you can die in the bathtub. While leaving a sign on the bathroom door specifying what has happened. Which would minimize any potential damage to the room, and housekeeping staff.

However for myself I don't want to die in the bathroom. It may be somewhat selfish of me, but I'd rather be slightly comfortable in my final moments on a bed in a nice room.

So what I have done is bought a few big white plastic shower curtains, I am going to put one or two on the bed (for myself), and another one or two in front of the door. (I will also be doing the whole adult diaper thing, humiliating I know, but I really don't want to cause any issues).
I will also be bringing spare shower curtains just in case I need more for whatever reason.

I have bought a tension shower curtain rod, (if the room is narrow enough in the doorway for it).
Alternatively if the room is unable to support the tension rod due to layout, I have thumb tacks, screw-in hooks, and if worst comes to worst, gorilla tape, and duct tape.

I however would not recommend using screw-in hooks, tacks or tape because they can cause damage to the walls (ie: putting holes in the wall that may need to be filled or tearing paint off the wall). Those are only a last resort for me, and I would personally rather risk the slightest bit of damage to the room then the possibility of traumatizing someone unsuspecting.

On the doorway curtain I will be putting a warning notice that there is a dead body on the other side of the curtain. I will also be very clear about the cause of death in that note.

I will be labeling all my equipment, (what gasses and substances were used). Just to make the first responder's job's easier and safer for them.
This also should speed up the process of determining cause of death, and it should make the "investigation" conclude faster then it otherwise might.

Another thing I will be doing is sending automated emails to the police ahead of time to try and minimize the possibility of hotel staff finding me (I recommend thunderbird for this).
The door curtain is mainly just there in case my automated emails fail for some reason.

I will also leave the room's air conditioner on high just to slow any sort of decomposition. I have also purchased an industrial ozone generator which I will leave running on a timer. Please note if you choose to run a ozone generator it should not be with anyone (living) in the room hence why it will be on a timer.
Ozone generators also don't work that well in cold rooms but its still better then nothing in my opinion.

So those are some of the steps I will be taking for myself. This is the last thing I will be ever doing so I might as well try and do it with some class.

* Also as a final note for anyone considering a hotel, please do not do any stupid destructive things like shooting yourself. That only causes a huge mess. You could possibly traumatize potential staff even more then you may otherwise. And something like that also comes with the possibility of harming other guests in neighboring rooms. So please no matter what don't be stupid.

Suicide is far from painless to those you are leaving behind, and no amount of prep work will make that pain ever fully go away. However I do believe that I can try to minimize the pain in anyway I can.
If you want control over your death, I'd advise you also try to control the factors around it for everyone else's sake.

The moral of all of this is: Don't be a selfish inconsiderate prick, especially to your family and loved ones.

• Hugs
Reactions: Xraydav, Circles, Coolchicka and 3 others
Crimsonskye

Crimsonskye

Aug 28, 2018
My mom did partial suspension on the stairs it really does fuck you up and I'll probably end up doing the same soon

• Hugs
Reactions: Xraydav, Circles, Faraway1990 and 1 other person
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Yes it's a bad idea. You should do it in a hotel/motel. That is the least you can do to respect your families space. Nobody wants to find a family member dead.

Reactions: Coolchicka, Faraway1990 and Ruffian