CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
they put me down and said I was worthless.... I mean i think they were right but it was still mean and unhelpful

I wanna read about other people's bad friends so I don't cave in and go back to mine.

• Hugs
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, dieornottodie, Redt2go and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
They're definitely not your friends if they talk to you like that, and I highly doubt that they are right. You're not worthless.

The first bad friends story that comes to mind for me is when I was 12 and my best friend just asked me, "why don't you kill yoirself and make everyone else happier?" Around the same time another best friend read our texts between her and the first friend I mentioned where they were basically just talking about me and how I was jealous of them, things like that. The first friend moved away and I ended up staying friends with the other for a while.

Friend #2 ended up becoming a huge attention seeker, especially if anyone else mentioned having a problem. She'd immediately butt in saying how bad her life was in comparison and saying she had the 'hardest life' out of everyone in our friend group. After one of our friends started going to counselling for depression/anxiety she started faking panic attacks, she'd pretend to hyperventilate, the teacher would send her out of the class and people would see her outside completely fine and laughing as soon as she was out there. She also started to self-harm with a plastic ruler on the school bus, which most of us thought was another attention grab... I mean, she was doing it on a bus with at least 50 people on it.

Most recently it's one of my exes. He was a compulsive liar and spread plenty of rumours about me, and about our other friends. This ended up completely sabotaging my friendships, which is partly my fault for believing him, but still a shitty thing for him to do. He told me that while I was in a hospital our friends had done nothing but complain about me and say I was faking it.. which all turned out to be false.

He lied about a ton of other things as well and if I found proof he'd lied about something he'd go and slag me off to everyone, complaining that whenever he told me something I'd spread it -apparently to him, when I tried to prove that I was being lied to and used, he was the victim.

Honestly I could write a whole book on the bullshit he's done, but to cut things short -I kept forgiving him like an idiot, we got together, he and my friend kept meeting up together and for some reason confirming their plans in group chats I was in (despite them being the only two going), he broke up with me after we had sex for the first time. Then he asked out one of my friends, got rejected, and tried to get back together with me for a few weeks with a series of creepy, sexual comments.

He ended up kissing my friend (the one he met up with a lot while we were together) while she was in a relationship, she then broke up with her boyfriend and now she and my ex are dating. The last thing I heard about him was that around Christmas, he was talking to his girlfriend's friend's friend who he'd only just met, found out he'd recently been to his friends funeral, and made a joke about it. It was only a week or two after he had died, too.

So, sorry my reply came a slight rant. But if there's any advice I can give it's that you should cut out any friends who treat you badly or make you feel terrible. I know for a fact that if I was still friends with my ex or the other two friends I mentioned I'd be feeling a lot worse and much more depressed than I am now, so cutting them out (even if it was hard at the time) was definitely the right thing to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and Its911
Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
they put me down and said I was worthless.... I mean i think they were right but it was still mean and unhelpful

I wanna read about other people's bad friends so I don't cave in and go back to mine.
Like 15dec said they are not your friends. If they put you down and they where hurtful then they where just there because they had something to gain out of knowing you. I have to be verrry careful with the social relationships i have because if they ever found out i was a sociopath and i was manipulating them, they would see things clearly and all hell would break loose. I have never been in your shoes as it is me who always leaves the others behind when they are of no longer use. But i understand what you might be going through and it must suck, find new friends.

Reactions: 15dec
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
real friends wld care about you or at least wont say rude things like that

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Friends wouldn't say that to you. I'd separate yourself from these people as they will only bring you down further and make you feel worse.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
None of my friends are bad though some of them hate each other. They're all too stupid to realize I'm the bad friend in their groups.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
those aren't friends, and they're wrong. everybody has something to bring to this world.

if you want to hear about shitty friends, there here you go: in seventh grade, i had one of those "popular" girl "friends" who only hung out with me because i was the "best" option out of everyone in our class, and because we had mutual friends. she constantly insulted me and my interests and played it off as a joke, and turned all of my other friends against me because me and one of my other friends tried to protect another kid from being bullied by her and her friends.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Those are definitely not friends, if it's possible I'd suggest distancing yourself from them. They will only bring you down with that toxicity. I would rather be alone then have them around me, I'm sorry you're going through that

Reactions: Dreamless Sleep
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
Another way to look at it: Be glad they are saying shitty stuff to your face, so you know they are assholes and you can kick them out of your life and move on.

I had someone who was my best friend for 30 years, like a sister, who I found out was saying and thinking shitty stuff about me behind my back for god knows how long. Needless to say we are no longer friends.

It really sucks to find out someone you trusted for so long is a backstabber. Better they do it to your face so you know where they stand.

almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020

Your profile picture has cuddly cheeks

A

Aonewayticketplease

Student
Jun 3, 2019
I would urge you not to make the same mistake I did with people like that which was to convince myself that even though they came across as assholes they were really good people once you got to know them. The truth is that they are toxic and they are not your friends, they probably feed off the fact that you are not happy.

I hung around trash like that for a few decades thinking that things would get better, it never did. They became more emboldened over time and progressively more nasty. They sabotaged friendships with people who I probably could have had a real friendship with.

It is difficult distancing yourself from people when you don't have any other friends and you are around them purely by chance of geographic location. It is also difficult to move on after you have invested so much time in them, I hated the fact that I had wasted my time trying to win them over. They were never going to stop doing what they were doing as the payoff was too good for them.

After moving on the group turned against each other and I realised that I had been the glue holding them together, the common enemy.

Now is the best time to cut them out of your life.