• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lejes Rimul

Lejes Rimul

Feb 9, 2020
Hi, I don't know where to place the subject, that's why I put it here, anyway, I would like to go backpacking before deciding to do something about life, about whether to decide to live or decide to die, I think it can be an experience which can offering me a vision of life that is totally different from the current one, I am currently not so sad, but not too well, do you know what the experience is and how they stay on the trip?

Reactions: NotCordelia, Sensei and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Those who go for a long hiking/hitchhiking trip are not the same people anymore.
I would like it so much too, that is a wish I can no more bring into life...
Technically can go for a few weeks, but not months or years.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Most people choose a country or group of countries, they choose places they want to visit in those countries, and they stay in hostels. Some people plan their whole trips, some plan as they go, and they get information from other backpackers. Usually staying in hostels is a very social experience. Some people end up working for a while at hostels and staying in them for free and getting free meals.

Reactions: Sensei and Deleted member 1465
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
Go and conquer Mount Everest with your line of credit if you have one, and then die so you don't have to pay back your debt

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
If you can afford it, you can get a round the world ticket from many agents. Its not cheap, but you can go anywhere as long as its in one direction. When you travel like this, its actually really good therapy if you can manage it. Everything boils down to continued survival in the moment; water, food, shelter, sleep, safety. You tend to re-evaluate what is really important and also come to rely on and be humbled by the support others will give you on your journey. Most people love a traveller, especially if you have tales to tell. It can be dangerous, of course, so you have to be careful and have contingencies. The experiences you can have and seeing how other people live can really alter your perspective on everything, especially if you throw yourself into whatever the locals are doing.
I travelled a little and I found it great fun, but then I was drunk most of the time (which I don't recommend). I never felt out of place or worried about it. I know its a cliche, but it felt like the road was my home for just a little while. I even learned a card trick that practically guaranteed free beer wherever I went!

katyhere

katyhere

Jan 23, 2020
Backpacking certainly is a great adventure and a special experience, however I would like to warn you that it's not magically going to cure you. At least, that's my opionion that I got from my own experience and from other people's experiences. When I went backpacking last year I saw it almost as some sort of 'last resort'. However, I learned from it that no matter where I will be and whom I will be with, my mental ilness will be present and I will still feel sad. Maybe not as bad as at home, and maybe not all the time, but backpacking didn't make my headspace all comfortable and coloured. I did learn a lot, I enjoyed myself and it was an amazing experience so I would recommend it. But I wouldn't recommend it as something to change you forever and fix all your problems. And for what I've seen from other people, people do tend to come back as a 'different' person but slowly this will wear out and they fall back into being who they were before they left because they come back to the same exact environment. The experiences will probably make you a richer person but it won't fix you.

Anyways, that is my opionon on the 'not feeling too well' part. As for planning and staying on a trip I would recommend thinking abut what you want firstly. Are you into culture, mountains, the beach? Then google for countries that are full of that what you love. For me it's mountains so I went to a place where they have great mountains and great treks. What made my experience great is that I didn't plan much in advance so I was able to just go with the flow and when you go backpacking you will naturally meet other people and come up with a plan. I worried about this in advance but once you get there you will understand, it will naturally happen. As for staying on the trip, it might help to set out a time for yourself. How long can you afford to be away from home? Money- and timewise.

Hope this help, hugs.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The experiences will probably make you a richer person but it won't fix you.
That is very true, I agree. wherever you go, there you are. Still worth the adventure though.

Lejes Rimul

Lejes Rimul

Feb 9, 2020
Thanks for answering, these are things to keep in mind, but I have a question, my idea of going backpacking is to find out if that helps me to change my mind, obviously as they mentioned, going out doesn't repair a person, even so, my idea of the trip is to go without returning, I know it seems stupid and silly, but I feel that it is really an option to achieve what I mention, for this I want to ask you what suicide method you would recommend me to apply it anywhere

taylor321

taylor321

Mar 1, 2020
Hi, I don't know where to place the subject, that's why I put it here, anyway, I would like to go backpacking before deciding to do something about life, about whether to decide to live or decide to die, I think it can be an experience which can offering me a vision of life that is totally different from the current one, I am currently not so sad, but not too well, do you know what the experience is and how they stay on the trip?
that sounds really cool, its what im thinking about too. I couldn't live very long though cause i dont have money. Where were u thinking about traveling to?

Lejes Rimul

Lejes Rimul

Feb 9, 2020
Hello, the issue of money is a whole topic that I am investigating and preparing so to speak, I know of people traveling without money, but I have no practical idea
I was thinking of traveling south in the same country where I live, I am from Chile, if I go I expect an immense cold and rains almost always (from what they say)
that sounds really cool, its what im thinking about too. I couldn't live very long though cause i dont have money. Where were u thinking about traveling to?

Soraa

Soraa

Feb 27, 2020
I would recommend Southeast Asia, it is very cheap to backpack there so you can keep going for a long time without going broke and there are so many rich cultures...
I backpacked India a while back too and it for sure changed my life.

S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
If you plan to travel I'm in, if you don't mind of course. But I want to travel around US.