JusMe

JusMe

Wandering this thing called life
Mar 3, 2023
I find that keeping busy has been really helpful in terms of keeping me distracted. I got a new part time job, I've been taking harder classes, and I just got into sports and physical activity. I feel I've forced myself to become more social too, and I'm really proud of myself for that. I grew so much in the past few months, but when I'm alone or about to fall asleep, I still feel so incredibly sad. I thought I was getting better but I think i was just distracting myself

• Hugs
Reactions: Baldwin IV, todienomore, Sannti and 2 others
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
I think a good test question for you might be: Do I dare take the risks, opportunities, dangers, experiences, joys and pleasures, pain and suffering, and everything that life has in store for me? Do I believe in myself enough to be ready to face it all?

If you've answered "no I'm not ready, I don't believe, I don't dare", just like me, then you still want to hide and maybe eventually escape from life. However, if your answer was "yes I'm ready, I believe, I dare", then you're already on the right path to not ctb.

I'm not sure if I got the message across. Best wishes anyway.

Reactions: todienomore and JusMe
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
audit your self talk, your inner dialogue. Practice mindfulness

Reactions: JusMe
S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
I find that keeping busy has been really helpful in terms of keeping me distracted. I got a new part time job, I've been taking harder classes, and I just got into sports and physical activity. I feel I've forced myself to become more social too, and I'm really proud of myself for that. I grew so much in the past few months, but when I'm alone or about to fall asleep, I still feel so incredibly sad. I thought I was getting better but I think i was just distracting myself
Perhaps you were just distracting yourself, but I think you were living! I think the process of recovery takes time and if you will naturally have moments when you feel incredibly sad, then take them as part of the process, as a natural part of life, keep busy and push yourself and with effort I hope you will fully recover. Good luck.

kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I'm facing the same kind of problem, I do have some type of humour disorder, like bipolar or borderline (doctors are not sure which), so I'm trying to take that into consideration

I discovered this site and was instantly leaned to kill myself, but I realized it was probably a hyperfocus, and when it passed I found reasons to keep going

I'm going to try to take my meds again and maybe this whole borderline shit will pass too, I recommend you to see a psychiatrist, perhaps those feelings are just the mind playing tricks

Baldwin IV

Baldwin IV

Cat Lover
Sep 21, 2023
Sometimes sadness is something that never leaves us, but you have to ask yourself is that the things or people you're getting distracted by can become someday a passion or a source of happyness.