Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i have sponlylolisthesis (spelt from memory so dont quote me lol) and lumbar scoliosis, my back isnt in constant pain but some days are worse then others. im currently using livreilef nerve cream but it costs $20-$25 for a 50g tube. im hoping someone here has a nerve problem and has personally found a better/cheaper solution they wouldnt mind sharing. or just someone with an idea. thank you :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Woodnote, Circles and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Sorry no one answered, it seems not many here have back problems. But back to your question, I also have nerve pain mainly in my tailbone (sacrum & coccyx) which affects my entire spine. I use 2 creams that somewhat helps: aspercreme with lidocaine and diclofenac sodium gel, The aspercreme is cheaper and can be bought at stores like grocery stores, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. or online atleast here in the U.S. Both lasts on average about 15-30 minutes at best atleast with me. I forgot how much the diclofenac sodium gel costs as you need a prescription for it, but with the aspercreme I think it costs around $5-10. Hope you find some relief, have a goodnight.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Sorry no one answered, it seems not many here have back problems. But back to your question, I also have nerve pain mainly in my tailbone (sacrum & coccyx) which affects my entire spine. I use 2 creams that somewhat helps: aspercreme with lidocaine and diclofenac sodium gel, The aspercreme is cheaper and can be bought at stores like grocery stores, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. or online atleast here in the U.S. Both lasts on average about 15-30 minutes at best atleast with me. I forgot how much the diclofenac sodium gel costs as you need a prescription for it, but with the aspercreme I think it costs around $5-10. Hope you find some relief, have a goodnight.
dont worry about no one answering, i expected as much but figured id take my chances. out of 14000 people SOMEONE had to know something. and at the very least i got hugs and support from people even if it wasnt with words :) ill look into the aspercreme and i have to make an appointment with my doctor for a few other things, ill see if maybe theres something he can prescribe me that might be able to help. i didnt even think of that as an option. i thought theyd only give me pain killers but knowing theres other options is nice. thank you for the help :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Circles and Woodnote
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I have cervical stenosis and chronic back pain around the sacroiliac joint. I tried physical therapy which made me unable to move, but walking regularly for a while helped. that and getting away from humidity.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I have cervical stenosis and chronic back pain around the sacroiliac joint. I tried physical therapy which made me unable to move, but walking regularly for a while helped. that and getting away from humidity.
lol i live in "fog city" im not getting away from humidity and my job is walking im a delivery driver and i walk some of my stuff. i was suppose to go to massage therapy and because its for medical purposes it was going to be free, but my b*tch for a mother got jealous and basically said "f*ck you suffer" i was 14 and had missed my appointment, instead of being responsible she told me that I HAD to reschedule it but i had too much anxiety so i didnt. and then after that, after the doctor specifically said i had to be careful and took me out of gym class, she had my hauling wood and shoveling snow. for the next 2 years until my stepfather kicked me out for "being responsible"
anyway that went way off track lol, do you think the massage therapy could help?

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Woodnote
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
since it's nerves massage likely won't do much. massages are better at loosening tight muscles. at the same time it can't hurt to try. might bring some relief.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
since it's nerves massage likely won't do much. massages are better at loosening tight muscles. at the same time it can't hurt to try. might bring some relief.
well i also use the muscle cream voltaren so....maybe it will help. i mean the doctor suggested it for a reason

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Have you tried a capsaicin (red pepper) based topical? It's supposed to interfere with pain signals. It will feel very warm/burning when it goes on, but after a while it should give some relief. I'd recommend using disposable gloves when you apply it, you don't want to get that stuff in the wrong place!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Have you tried a capsaicin (red pepper) based topical? It's supposed to interfere with pain signals. It will feel very warm/burning when it goes on, but after a while it should give some relief. I'd recommend using disposable gloves when you apply it, you don't want to get that stuff in the wrong place!
let me just move my hair out of my eyes lol

no i havent

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
there's also biofreeze, which feels cold. use both and you'll have an icy hot thing going on.