NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

There is no right to heal the wrong
May 3, 2020
I'm only 27, but I've got Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, and Sciatica. I've suffered from chronic back pain since I was about 12 or 13. While I'm always in constant pain, even if it's just a little bit, these past few weeks have been hell on the pain scale. That, compounded with my anxiety and depression has just been a nightmare. Nothing has gotten better or even changed after my previous attempt, and I just don't know what to do, anymore.

Sigh.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: s3gfault, Red, Notwinnernotawin and 7 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I get it. I'm 21.been suffering since 13. I have sponlylolisthesis and lumbar scoliosis. Some days the pain is so bad I'm limping. Hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: s3gfault, Red and NekoNomNom
G

GrassFields

May 11, 2020
I'm only 27, but I've got Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, and Sciatica. I've suffered from chronic back pain since I was about 12 or 13. While I'm always in constant pain, even if it's just a little bit, these past few weeks have been hell on the pain scale. That, compounded with my anxiety and depression has just been a nightmare. Nothing has gotten better or even changed after my previous attempt, and I just don't know what to do, anymore.

Sigh.

I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I have a close friend with scoliosis and sciatica. She found that chiropractic care helped more than anything her orthopaedic surgeon was able to advise her. I'm not sure what your thoughts are on chiro, but it might be worth considering.

Reactions: NekoNomNom
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019

Sigh.
Feel this brother. I'm so sorry to hear about your chronic back pain, combined with your anxiety and depression this sounds like a pretty toxic combination.
I've got my own back issues but they are nowhere near as bad yours.
The degenerative disc and scoliosis sound like a terrible thing for you to have to manage, might be a stupid question have you explored different options available to you for treatment?
Also does your back pain have any thing to do with the cause of your anxiety and depression or do they just aggravate it?
Love and respect to you brother

DBD

F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
You have my full sympathy. My husband was disabled through a spinal injury and then botched surgery which damaged his sciatic nerve. Eventually the left side of his body stopped working. He was in constant pain and had terrible muscle spasms. It was so hard to see him in that kind of pain constantly. My heart goes out to you.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Ive been having herniated disc issues ever since I jumped. I have a permanent limp, pain and nubmness going on. I try to stay active but recently I need to take painkillers everyday. I even started abusing opioids because regular stuff is just too weak.
And its not like I can complain - I brought it on myself through my actions. I wasnt born with it, I could always just not jump

NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

May 3, 2020
I get it. I'm 21.been suffering since 13. I have sponlylolisthesis and lumbar scoliosis. Some days the pain is so bad I'm limping. Hugs
I feel you there. My DDD is in my lumbar region. I'm sorry that you are also in pain.

I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I have a close friend with scoliosis and sciatica. She found that chiropractic care helped more than anything her orthopaedic surgeon was able to advise her. I'm not sure what your thoughts are on chiro, but it might be worth considering.
I used to go to a chiropractor, until my insurance was canceled. Even then, it was sort of helpful. It was usually just temporary relief while I was there, and the pain would just come right back as soon as I left. Thank you for your suggestion!

Feel this brother. I'm so sorry to hear about your chronic back pain, combined with your anxiety and depression this sounds like a pretty toxic combination.
I've got my own back issues but they are nowhere near as bad yours.
The degenerative disc and scoliosis sound like a terrible thing for you to have to manage, might be a stupid question have you explored different options available to you for treatment?
Also does your back pain have any thing to do with the cause of your anxiety and depression or do they just aggravate it?
Love and respect to you brother

DBD
Yeah, it's pretty rough. Dealing with physical, mental, and emotional stress is...not fun. Unfortunately my options for treatment are nonexistent, as I don't have health insurance. Even then, it would only cover a fraction of the cost for what I would need for just temporary relief. It sucks, because there is no permanent "cure" for DDD; only a surgery that can cost upward of $10,000. And I'd have to get that done every 3-5 years. I was born with the Scoliosis, which isn't too bad and won't get any worse, so long as I don't slouch. The DDD they discovered when I was 13, and apparantly my grandpa also has it. Then the Sciatica developed in my early 20s. I know Sciatica is common, but I'm sure that my other back issues have attributed to it.

Thank you, man. I hope your back issues are more manageable than mine.

You have my full sympathy. My husband was disabled through a spinal injury and then botched surgery which damaged his sciatic nerve. Eventually the left side of his body stopped working. He was in constant pain and had terrible muscle spasms. It was so hard to see him in that kind of pain constantly. My heart goes out to you.
I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that you went after that doctor. This Sciatica also effects my left side. I've been getting bruises all along my left leg these last few weeks. Thank you for your kind words.

Ive been having herniated disc issues ever since I jumped. I have a permanent limp, pain and nubmness going on. I try to stay active but recently I need to take painkillers everyday. I even started abusing opioids because regular stuff is just too weak.
And its not like I can complain - I brought it on myself through my actions. I wasnt born with it, I could always just not jump
That still sucks to hear what you've been going through. Don't be too hard on yourself. It obviously wasn't your intention to live through that, and have to deal with even more pain. It's very difficult to stay active when you're in so much pain. The most activity I get in a day is going to work. Other than that, I just stay in bed all day. I hope that you're able to find some form of relief one day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GrassFields and Dead beat dad
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I'm so sorry you're enduring that! It's awful to live with. I haven't been formally diagnosed, but my spine is basically collapsing and becoming bone on bone. I wish I could take away your ailment. I have scoliosis though and "military neck" which went hand in hand after I broke it after an accident.

Maybe you'd be lucky and able to get a pain pump and basically feed medication into your spine, if you don't have one already. Or maybe ketamine infusions at the very least.

I'm so sorry you're enduring that debilitating pain.

NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

May 3, 2020
I'm so sorry you're enduring that! It's awful to live with. I haven't been formally diagnosed, but my spine is basically collapsing and becoming bone on bone. I wish I could take away your ailment. I have scoliosis though and "military neck" which went hand in hand after I broke it after an accident.

Maybe you'd be lucky and able to get a pain pump and basically feed medication into your spine, if you don't have one already. Or maybe ketamine infusions at the very least.

I'm so sorry you're enduring that debilitating pain.
I am so sorry to hear that. My L5 seems to be the only affected disc by DDD, so I can't even imagine what the rest of your spine must feel like. I wish I could afford anything to give me relief like that. I was looking at fentanyl patches for ctb, but I also know that they can be used to treat chronic pain. It's too bad that they're so expensive, and may not even be reliable to come in. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that your pain is manageable.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I am so sorry to hear that. My L5 seems to be the only affected disc by DDD, so I can't even imagine what the rest of your spine must feel like. I wish I could afford anything to give me relief like that. I was looking at fentanyl patches for ctb, but I also know that they can be used to treat chronic pain. It's too bad that they're so expensive, and may not even be reliable to come in. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that your pain is manageable.
Thank you for your lovely message! I'm so sorry you're not able to get proper pain relief. Hell, most of us can't. I know 6 months ago my pain management closed and I had to go to another and honestly, they're crap. While my back sucks, it's my C1-C7 (basically my whole neck) that is the worst. I've lost 2 inches in height, but due to my age, doctors write me off most times. Have you looked into any clinical trials that aren't out of pocket? Not saying it'll help or that you'll even get picked... but maybe. I hope you're doing well this evening ♡

NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

May 3, 2020
Thank you for your lovely message! I'm so sorry you're not able to get proper pain relief. Hell, most of us can't. I know 6 months ago my pain management closed and I had to go to another and honestly, they're crap. While my back sucks, it's my C1-C7 (basically my whole neck) that is the worst. I've lost 2 inches in height, but due to my age, doctors write me off most times. Have you looked into any clinical trials that aren't out of pocket? Not saying it'll help or that you'll even get picked... but maybe. I hope you're doing well this evening ♡
You're very welcome. Suffering with any kind of back pain is the worst, so I can definitely empathize with you. I haven't really thought about doing clinical trials. I just feel that it'll be a waste of time just to be denied treatment. Not that I don't have time to waste, but I don't feel that I have the energy beyond what I need to do during the day: work and whatnot.

I'm rather exhausted, to be honest with you, but I'll hang in there until I can't, you know? Thank you for inquiring. I hope that you're doing better than I am tonight ♡