Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I drove for Uber in the past and I am about to start again. I have bought a cheap car that is nothing to write home about but it will get people from A to B.

This time around I am feeling anxious about it. I have spent the better part of the last two years just sitting around and giving in to my fatigue and depression. I am feeling overwhelmed just getting my car sorted out with the right papers, not to mention it needs a little work before it will pass inspection.

Not really sure why I'm writing this. I guess I feel like I need to get my shit together a bit more, but I have no real motivation to do so and I am already kind of poor from trying to get this car on the road. I will have to spend another $800 or so before it's even ready.

It feels difficult taking all these steps and parting with the cash only to have to work, which I don't really want to do to begin with. I also feel like my social skills are crap and that I'm rusty talking to people. I'm getting older and feel out of touch with the college kids I'll likely be driving around.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, whatevs, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 9 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I hope it goes well. I've always thought taxi drivers are really nice but also brave, I'd fear any customer is a potential criminal, asshole or someone a Karen/Kevin who nags a lot, but of course that is rare, otherwise no one would be a taxi driver. I remember there was a saying "Every country would be better if it was ruled by taxi drivers and hairdressers", you could become a president after your taxi career. I hope the conversations will go well. Some people can be really talky, some only talk about boring topics, some refuse to say a word. I hope your customers will be good.

Wait a min, don't you have like two or three wives? How can you be rusty talking to people lol?

I hope you can get the car fixed and all goes well. I know it can be really hard to find motivation. I hope you'll like it and find motivation to do it, otherwise you can always try something else. Don't take too much stress about it. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I hope it goes well. I've always thought taxi drivers are really nice but also brave, I'd fear any customer is a potential criminal, asshole or someone a Karen/Kevin who nags a lot, but of course that is rare, otherwise no one would be a taxi driver. I remember there was a saying "Every country would be better if it was ruled by taxi drivers and hairdressers", you could become a president after your taxi career. I hope the conversations will go well. Some people can be really talky, some only talk about boring topics, some refuse to say a word. I hope your customers will be good.

Wait a min, don't you have like two or three wives? How can you be rusty talking to people lol?

I hope you can get the car fixed and all goes well. I know it can be really hard to find motivation. I hope you'll like it and find motivation to do it, otherwise you can always try something else. Don't take too much stress about it. Good luck!

Haha noo! I've been divorced for 4 years. But thanks for writing, I appreciate you. I really hate work in general and feeling constantly exhausted and out of it only makes things worse. I've been struggling just to get the energy to get out of bed and shower lately.

People are generally very nice, you get an occasional bad apple but it's usually 1 in 100 or so. It can sometimes be dangerous work though, especially if you're in a bad area.

I wish I had more money to do this comfortably and get a nice stereo installed in the car but I guess I'll be earning again soon enough.

Hope you are doing okay!

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, whatevs and Manaaja
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I'm thinking about driving door dash just to get some sort of income. I've lost my career. I can't hold down a reg job anymore due to chronic pain but disability is so hard to get. So I'm turning to gig economy work. I'm 37, I have to do something, but all I want to do is lay in bed and cry.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whatevs, lostundead, Mixo and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Do you want a ride in the Duckmobile, baby?

• Yay!
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
I also feel like my social skills are crap and that I'm rusty talking to people. I'm getting older and feel out of touch with the college kids I'll likely be driving around.
What better way to brush up on those social skills then Ubering folks around? You could see some funny stuff driving drunk collage students. I look forward to reading those stories.

• Love
Reactions: motel rooms and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Haha noo! I've been divorced for 4 years. But thanks for writing, I appreciate you. I really hate work in general and feeling constantly exhausted and out of it only makes things worse. I've been struggling just to get the energy to get out of bed and shower lately.

People are generally very nice, you get an occasional bad apple but it's usually 1 in 100 or so. It can sometimes be dangerous work though, especially if you're in a bad area.

I wish I had more money to do this comfortably and get a nice stereo installed in the car but I guess I'll be earning again soon enough.

Hope you are doing okay!

Well in that case, I guess if you live alone and don't talk to anyone the talking skills do get rusty. It would be nice if there was a specific group where you could just talk with people to practice. Play wii sports together or watch cute animal videos or cook together or something. Like a friend group for people who don't have any or much people to hang out with.

You're welcome.

It's good to shower and get out of the bed. Remember to also hydrate and eat well. Food can help with energy and mood. Oh, and remember to open windows to let fresh air in. Small steps lead to big distances.

It's good you have had good experiences. It's hard to imagine that some countries have dangerous areas, I guess when there are so many people, the chances of there being really bad people increase too. For example, if 1 in 100 is really bad and there are 10 000 000 people in the city, that means there are 100 000 really bad people, while if it was a small town of 500, there'd only be a few bad people if 1 in 100 was really bad. Please, try to stay safe.

Sorry to play the big brother, but remember to not play too loud music, it can be bad for ears. But I hope you get to tune your car and install nice things. Having a car that "looks like you" is nice.

As for me, I feel that I have lost my way. I used to have a clear idea what I want to get and achieve and I want to do. Now I feel as if someone performed a lobotomy on me, I feel dead. I know the best thing to do is to move away and get my own place where I can be free and do what I want and live how I want, but I just hate apartments because you never know what kind of neighbors you will have. It would really fucking suck if I moved to an apartment and had to move away after just one month because the neighbors argued loudly everyday, had loud sex, the girlfriends screamed and the kids cried and ran around the apartment every day from 7am to 10pm, and some other neighbors had loud music parties every night from 11pm to 7am and then again in during the day. I also feel mentally and physically too tired to move.

I just wanna live in a world where I can just relax and live a life I want without worrying about what other people are gonna do or say or order.

• Love
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I'm thinking about driving door dash just to get some sort of income. I've lost my career. I can't hold down a reg job anymore due to chronic pain but disability is so hard to get. So I'm turning to gig economy work. I'm 37, I have to do something, but all I want to do is lay in bed and cry.
I completely relate with you and your situation. It's hard to see yourself getting farther from the person you used to be, aspiration-wise because your body has decided for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhiteRabbit and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
We are in a similar boat. Like you want to work when you can/are able, but you have to operate within your limitations. This is something my environment hasn't understood about me at all. They wonder why I'm not out working 40 hours a week. I have tried to explain to my family so many times how fatigued and weak I feel most of the time but they never seem to hear me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, whatevs, WhiteRabbit and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
What better way to brush up on those social skills then Ubering folks around? You could see some funny stuff driving drunk collage students. I look forward to reading those stories.

Yeah, @Angst Filled Fuck Up, you might meet this chick -

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FllZVEOIi9tCVxFskpY%2F200.gif&hash=44c49e5945d1f753a015c0f849bf811a

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I feel for you, reading things like this honestly makes me angry. Disability should not be "hard to get", every single working class person is only one injury or illness away from needing this financial support and it enrages me how those in that situation are contemptuously treated as parasitic burdens, illness is not an offence for which you should be penalised and the notion that hard work is somehow curative is one of the biggest, boldest lies of the century. The sin isn't being ill, it's being poor.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and WhiteRabbit