Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
I'm pretty sure this is as unsafe as it gets, with a risk of severe injuries to myself and severe property damage, but just for the sake of being thorough and considering every possibility, I'll ask about this thought that crossed my mind.

I've mentioned previously that the doors in my home are pretty much the only strong structures attached to the walls/ceilings that I could hang from, but there is one other thing that sort of fits that description, and I even considered using it in combination with a door...Though I still greatly question the security of it, mainly because I've never heard of this being done before in a hanging ctb.

In the tool room, which has some connections to the sewer, there's a thick metal pipe overhead, extending across, pretty much from wall to wall. It's quite large and looks tough, but the sheer fact that it's a pipe makes me wary of it. Does anyone know if an old metal pipe can hold the weight of a person? Because if it broke, that would be a nightmare for my entire family. That's why I'm not too serious about this option at the moment, and intend to stick with just doors for now. But if there is any chance of it being a decent alternative, it'd be good to know.

Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
I think it's risky to use old metal pipe for hanging purpose. The extreme pressure exerted by the rope (while holding your whole mass) on the poor pipe surface might cause the pipe to bend or even shattered. It would be a messy thing to deal with.

Reactions: Apostle
Only Me Here

Only Me Here

Apr 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure this is as unsafe as it gets, with a risk of severe injuries to myself and severe property damage, but just for the sake of being thorough and considering every possibility, I'll ask about this thought that crossed my mind.

I've mentioned previously that the doors in my home are pretty much the only strong structures attached to the walls/ceilings that I could hang from, but there is one other thing that sort of fits that description, and I even considered using it in combination with a door...Though I still greatly question the security of it, mainly because I've never heard of this being done before in a hanging ctb.

In the tool room, which has some connections to the sewer, there's a thick metal pipe overhead, extending across, pretty much from wall to wall. It's quite large and looks tough, but the sheer fact that it's a pipe makes me wary of it. Does anyone know if an old metal pipe can hold the weight of a person? Because if it broke, that would be a nightmare for my entire family. That's why I'm not too serious about this option at the moment, and intend to stick with just doors for now. But if there is any chance of it being a decent alternative, it'd be good to know.
If you are wary of it don't, if it breaks you will be in for a lot of trouble and why have the added stress? Can you find a tree or forest or something outside?

Reactions: discokicks and Apostle
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the good answers to such a ridiculous question.

I guess I was just feeling determined to consider and discuss every little variation that could possibly be done on my hanging, says a lot about my state of mind. I must be getting especially restless with the delays in getting my rope. You're both right, I definitely shouldn't do it, both because of the uncertainty and my nervousness about the whole idea. Thank you for discussing it though, and I'll shift my full attention back to the doors.

Reactions: Only Me Here
Only Me Here

Only Me Here

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the good answers to such a ridiculous question.

I guess I was just feeling determined to consider and discuss every little variation that could possibly be done on my hanging, says a lot about my state of mind. I must be getting especially restless with the delays in getting my rope. You're both right, I definitely shouldn't do it, both because of the uncertainty and my nervousness about the whole idea. Thank you for discussing it though, and I'll shift my full attention back to the doors.
Its not a ridiculous question at all, i find my own mind running through all worst case scenarios, that if i become really desperate and dont get my N what would i do then? It really helps saying it out loud and getting everyones input. And for those who dont have money or live with family its harder, they have to be more creative and investigate more options.

Reactions: Kira, Apostle, Escaper Boy and 1 other person