• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
after a long line of therapists cancelling/postponing appointments on me for months now, i've given up and am just wallowing in my misery. i feel like they don't give a damn and just say the same things hoping that it'll stick. maybe it's how they've been trained but imo they should at least be more responsible and timely with appointments for patients who are severely depressed.

right now i kind of hate the system, but i also know that if i dont talk to anyone at all i'm only going to get worse. i've been trying to recover but it feels like my therapists are the enemy now. idk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, consider, ChronicPainExistent and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
i can understand that 🫂💜

what about doing therapy yourself, the same idea but without a professional. (im not suggesting this for every type of therapy, like i wouldnt suggest doing EMDR on your on. but the more basic ones. CBT, DBT ect, yeah)

this is what i do and ive actually made a fair bit of progress

Reactions: consider, HopeisjustaPoison, lemonbunny and 1 other person
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
i can understand that 🫂💜

what about doing therapy yourself, the same idea but without a professional. (im not suggesting this for every type of therapy, like i wouldnt suggest doing EMDR on your on. but the more basic ones. CBT, DBT ect, yeah)

this is what i do and ive actually made a fair bit of progress
Seconding this. I did ERP completely on my own with very good results. It's pretty much the same, except it doesn't eat your bank account and there's no risk of abuse.

Reactions: ChronicPainExistent and Life_and_Death
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
Finding a therapist is difficult now, it always feels like they're all booked or unreachable in some other way. It sounds like the therapists you've reached out to have been unreliable, sorry you've been going through this.

To add on to what people above me said, I've had more success trying to treat myself than with therapy, and the success rate for therapy is pretty mixed. Not to say you shouldn't keep trying for therapy if you feel it will help you, good luck finding one if you are still looking.

Reactions: ChronicPainExistent and lemonbunny
angryloli

angryloli

loli
Jun 27, 2024
i hate therapist i always fucking lie there so nothing productive comes out of it lol. i hope u find one that actually acts like they care, cuz like u said they shouldnt do this, especially with patients who are severely struggling

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicPainExistent and lemonbunny
lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
oh i didnt know that was a thing? how do you do it yourself, for CBT do u just argue ur way out of it 😭

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
oh i didnt know that was a thing? how do you do it yourself, for CBT do u just argue ur way out of it 😭
you can find worksheets online. i personally find it takes a bit of introspection, self awareness and honesty.

fell free to pm me if youd like (preferably with conversations) 🫂💜

Reactions: lemonbunny
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've also been working on self-therapy. I do think I have somewhat of an advantage with this method as I have almost a decade of real therapy to base it off of, but even without that there are many things you can do. I've got a few different guided journals, one is more open prompts, one has guided exercises and reflections, and one is a day and night reflection journal to just sit and reflect on your feelings and thoughts twice a day. I also have a few self-help books, the one that's truly allowed me to sit and think about things so far has been "How We Heal" by Alex Elle. There are also plenty of free worksheets for different things both here and with a quick google search. You can even buy books that are about self-guided CBT and DBT to help you learn about them. I'm sure a quick YouTube search can lead you to some videos as well.

hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
therapy is a mess now honestly. everyone needs it and it's expensive and when you finally get it there's no guarantee it will work but everyone tells you to keep trying.