BackToLobby

BackToLobby

My bad, first time living.
Apr 9, 2024
Does anyone know how to ctb with SN and then disappear? I mean, I don't want my family to burry me or watch my dead body. I'm planning to fly to another country far away from where I live so my family won't see that I ctb but what if they found my id and then contact with my family? Does this happen or they just found the body and let me rot?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Lookingtoflyfree
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The odds of managing to escape and die without being discovered in this day and age are pretty slim. With digital trails and security cameras and constantly advancing genetic technology the odds are you will be found and identified. Once you're identified they can pretty easily find relatives to notify. At that point I do believe it would be up to your family to arrange getting your body back to your home country or leaving you there, though I'm not certain about that one. Even if they do decide to leave your body there you won't be left to rot. Every country has their own policy, but usually they either cremate you or put you in a paupers grave. They aren't going to just let your body sit and decay. Disappearing to never be heard from or seen again is really becoming a thing of the past as technology advances rapidly.

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Preh1storic_Rib and BackToLobby
BackToLobby

BackToLobby

Apr 9, 2024
The odds of managing to escape and die without being discovered in this day and age are pretty slim. With digital trails and security cameras and constantly advancing genetic technology the odds are you will be found and identified. Once you're identified they can pretty easily find relatives to notify. At that point I do believe it would be up to your family to arrange getting your body back to your home country or leaving you there, though I'm not certain about that one. Even if they do decide to leave your body there you won't be left to rot. Every country has their own policy, but usually they either cremate you or put you in a paupers grave. They aren't going to just let your body sit and decay. Disappearing to never be heard from or seen again is really becoming a thing of the past as technology advances rapidly.
What if I left a letter saying that I don't want my family to see me?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Is it out of concern for them- that you don't want to traumatize them seeing your corpse? Or- is it to make them worry? I imagine someone just disappearing will be incredibly worrying for a family. They'll no doubt consider suicide anyway but they may also consider foul play. Authorities may well focus on the family and friends if they suspect murder. Murders are frequently carried out by someone known to the victim.

Either way though- if a dead body is found, I suspect authorities of any country will want to find out who they are and notify their family. I expect they will try and obtain identification of the body from one of them. That concerns me too to be honest. I would plan to go at home and leave things like my passport ready to access. I also thought about requesting they go from dental records and leave my dentist's details but ultimately, I doubt we can control what they'll do all that much.

If you don't want a funeral, you can pre-pay for a direct cremation. Or, you could leave a note expressing your wishes and hope they are caried out but ultimately, there's only so much we can do to control what happens after we die.

H

HarryCobean

Apr 12, 2024
Being lost at sea is your best chance. The good news is that there's a LOT of sea to get lost in.

BackToLobby

BackToLobby

Apr 9, 2024
Is it out of concern for them- that you don't want to traumatize them seeing your corpse? Or- is it to make them worry? I imagine someone just disappearing will be incredibly worrying for a family. They'll no doubt consider suicide anyway but they may also consider foul play. Authorities may well focus on the family and friends if they suspect murder. Murders are frequently carried out by someone known to the victim.

Either way though- if a dead body is found, I suspect authorities of any country will want to find out who they are and notify their family. I expect they will try and obtain identification of the body from one of them. That concerns me too to be honest. I would plan to go at home and leave things like my passport ready to access. I also thought about requesting they go from dental records and leave my dentist's details but ultimately, I doubt we can control what they'll do all that much.

If you don't want a funeral, you can pre-pay for a direct cremation. Or, you could leave a note expressing your wishes and hope they are caried out but ultimately, there's only so much we can do to control what happens after we die.
I just want to tell them that I'm going to work to X country for some months and after that distancing myself from them slowly until I ctb. After that I don't want anyone to tell my family that I ctb I just want to throw away my body

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep