• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021
I'm strongly leaning towards using a gun. I've got a gun chambered in 5.56 and a pistol caliber carbine chambered in 10mm.
I've been doing some research by watching footage of gunshot suicides, and I'm trying to decide which of these to go with. I'd like to go with something that won't make (as much of) a mess, to avoid traumatizing any bystanders. I was thinking I'd get a hotel room, leave a note on the door, and do it in there, so that my family doesn't have to see my body in the aftermath, and hopefully only the police or security would see my body.
So the question is, is there a "least messy" way to ctb via gunshot? I'm definitely wanting to avoid using something like a shotgun. From the videos I've seen, high caliber pistols seem to be the least messy while still being lethal. The only 5.56 videos/pictures could find were of murder victims, and they seemed to have their heads split open.
As a result, I'm leaning towards 10mm, since it seems to just be a "clean hole" with a lot of blood. I know that a hollow-point would be more lethal, but would the mushroom-ing of the bullet make more of a mess? Should I use a fmj instead? And would firing from a carbine as opposed to a pistol make enough of a difference in ballistics that it would be severely deforming? If it makes a difference, my 10mm is a hipoint 1095, and my 5.56 is an AR-15 that I just sort of built out of different parts. I forgot the exact length. This might sound like a stupid question, but I really want to limit the trauma of any bystanders who find me, and of anyone who sees me afterwards. I want to be remembered as Lily, not as a body with half a head and my eyes hanging out of what used to be my jaw.

• Hugs
Reactions: mrscat, coseymo and Emmie
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'd do it in a bathroom or shower so it's easier to clean ❤️

Reactions: mrscat, Doom, freedomcalls and 2 others
Caustic

Caustic

Nov 18, 2022
If you plan on using the AR 15 at close range then its going to be really messy as the round is very big compared to its 10mm counterpart. 5.56 is a very fast round meant for penetration. 10 mm is a considered a smaller round so to limit mess i would pick the 10mm. Much love❤️
If you plan on using the AR 15 at close range then its going to be really messy as the round is very big compared to its 10mm counterpart. 5.56 is a very fast round meant for penetration. 10 mm is a considered a smaller round so to limit mess i would pick the 10mm. Much love❤️
If you can lay out a tarp or the shower as to limit the mess.

• Informative
Reactions: mrscat and Helplessturtle79
Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021

If you can lay out a tarp or the shower as to limit the mess.
Thanks a ton! What about FMJ vs hollow point? Would you happen to know how much messier a hollow point has the potential to be? I know that hollow point is far more lethal.

Reactions: Caustic
Caustic

Caustic

Nov 18, 2022
Thanks a ton! What about FMJ vs hollow point? Would you happen to know how much messier a hollow point has the potential to be? I know that hollow point is far more lethal.
Hollow points are indented and the purpose behind them is to expand upon impact. Where as a normal 10mm is trying to speed through the target. The flat design is what makes it expand upon impact. So yes while being more fatal it will be a whole lot messier i.e a big hole in said target. Hope this helps❤️
Fun fact. Hollow points are against the geneva convention due to how effective it is. Harder to extract and harder to heal someone when a bullet expands upon impact.

• Informative
Reactions: princess-oph, mrscat and Helplessturtle79
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I'm strongly leaning towards using a gun. I've got a gun chambered in 5.56 and a pistol caliber carbine chambered in 10mm.
I've been doing some research by watching footage of gunshot suicides, and I'm trying to decide which of these to go with. I'd like to go with something that won't make (as much of) a mess, to avoid traumatizing any bystanders. I was thinking I'd get a hotel room, leave a note on the door, and do it in there, so that my family doesn't have to see my body in the aftermath, and hopefully only the police or security would see my body.
So the question is, is there a "least messy" way to ctb via gunshot? I'm definitely wanting to avoid using something like a shotgun. From the videos I've seen, high caliber pistols seem to be the least messy while still being lethal. The only 5.56 videos/pictures could find were of murder victims, and they seemed to have their heads split open.
As a result, I'm leaning towards 10mm, since it seems to just be a "clean hole" with a lot of blood. I know that a hollow-point would be more lethal, but would the mushroom-ing of the bullet make more of a mess? Should I use a fmj instead? And would firing from a carbine as opposed to a pistol make enough of a difference in ballistics that it would be severely deforming? If it makes a difference, my 10mm is a hipoint 1095, and my 5.56 is an AR-15 that I just sort of built out of different parts. I forgot the exact length. This might sound like a stupid question, but I really want to limit the trauma of any bystanders who find me, and of anyone who sees me afterwards. I want to be remembered as Lily, not as a body with half a head and my eyes hanging out of what used to be my jaw.
Not to be Capt obvious, but gun shot wounds and blood splatter do tend to cause trauma, except for undertakers, and funeral directors!

Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021
Not to be Capt obvious, but gun shot wounds and blood splatter do tend to cause trauma, except for undertakers, and funeral directors!
Oh, I know. But I think one hole in my head and a pool of blood in a hotel bathroom, where said hole can be covered up at my funeral or whatever, would be far less traumatizing than friends and family seeing my head split open like a fucking venus fly trap. Suicide by its nature will always be very traumatizing to anyone left in it's wake, but I'd at least like to lessen its impact on the people around me in any way possible.

Reactions: princess-oph and freedomcalls
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Oh, I know. But I think one hole in my head and a pool of blood in a hotel bathroom, where said hole can be covered up at my funeral or whatever, would be far less traumatizing than friends and family seeing my head split open like a fucking venus fly trap. Suicide by its nature will always be very traumatizing to anyone left in it's wake, but I'd at least like to lessen its impact on the people around me in any way possible.
You sound pretty good with firearms. What kind of damage you reckon, would a 45cal, (cowboy gun not ACP) derringer, do ? Asking for a homeless guy.

Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021
You sound pretty good with firearms. What kind of damage you reckon, would a 45cal, (cowboy gun not ACP) derringer, do ? Asking for a homeless guy.
I've never owned one, and I'm not an expert on ballistics, but if you're talking about a 45 colt, it looks like it's a pretty big round as far as pistols go. I think it actually might be bigger than my 10mm, even. I'm not a big expert on pistols, so I don't know if the shorter length of a derringer would make a difference or not, and I'd appreciate if someone else in here could elaborate on this.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I've never owned one, and I'm not an expert on ballistics, but if you're talking about a 45 colt, it looks like it's a pretty big round as far as pistols go. I think it actually might be bigger than my 10mm, even. I'm not a big expert on pistols, so I don't know if the shorter length of a derringer would make a difference or not, and I'd appreciate if someone else in here could elaborate on this.
Thanks, was hoping to hear how evil such a weapon appears, and how bad of an ouchie it would put on you.

Caustic

Caustic

Nov 18, 2022
Thanks, was hoping to hear how evil such a weapon appears, and how bad of an ouchie it would put on you.
Its gonna be messy. A .45 is a big round and it will most likely leave a big hole.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Its gonna be messy. A .45 is a big round and it will most likely leave a big hole.
Why I am delighted and ever so enchanted to hear such lovely news. A delight to converse you!😊

• Wow
Reactions: Caustic and freedomcalls
Nightbird

Nightbird

Sep 14, 2022
A friend once described his plan to eliminate clean up: take pistol in row boat or motorboat on large body of water, lower self into water holding onto gun with dominant hand and hang onto boat with other arm/hand, blow brains out. Boat floats away, body sinks, no mess. I argued that he could still end up a floater but these days I'd imagine they'd confirm identity by means other than viewing - so perhaps minimal odds of that trauma risk. Just before I was born, my Dad had to identify his murdered Uncle who had been in the East River for a few months - ended Dad's sobriety that same hour!

Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021
A friend once described his plan to eliminate clean up: take pistol in row boat or motorboat on large body of water, lower self into water holding onto gun with dominant hand and hang onto boat with other arm/hand, blow brains out. Boat floats away, body sinks, no mess. I argued that he could still end up a floater but these days I'd imagine they'd confirm identity by means other than viewing - so perhaps minimal odds of that trauma risk. Just before I was born, my Dad had to identify his murdered Uncle who had been in the East River for a few months - ended Dad's sobriety that same hour!
I personally think this is a bad idea. When you die in the water, you bloat up from water retention and look fucking AWFUL. Basically like those giant zombies in left for dead, but a lot more gross in my opinion. It's WAY worse than if you'd just shot yourself normally.

Reactions: makethepainstop and freedomcalls
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
I don't have anything to add regarding gun choice, but I just wanted to say that I think it's really kind that your entire thought process around your method is centred around making things better for other people.

I hope you receive the same kindness back at some point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Caustic and Helplessturtle79
coyotestark

coyotestark

Free at last, free at last.
Jun 13, 2022
I'm going to do it in the car in a remote area (it is not uncommon for folks to find suicide or drug overdose deaths in this area, so whoever finds me will likely be a first responder, and well-equipped to deal with the situation), one to the chest, two if needed. I don't imagine any cleanup will be involved as they would just scrap the car, that being said they may clean out all the blood and resell it in today's crazy auto market. (Don't buy any Subarus in Colorado for the next little while) I'm using my XD9 Sub compact, 3" barrel, 9mm jacketed hollow point, 135 grain, PDX 1 to be exact. Check out tnoutdoors9 on YouTube, dude is a wealth of information. Your post reminds me of the suicide hotline skit in The Great Milenko. 'if you're going to do it, do it outside or something'.

Additionally there is a lot of misinformation about gunshot wounds here. Entry wounds are quite small and unspectacular, regardless of the caliber used, exit wounds are a different story. This is why you want to use a jacketed hollow point, full metal jacket will increase the likelihood of a through and through shot, and your chances of surviving. Again check out the dude on YouTube I suggested. JHPs expand after entering the target (you) not before, it is the combination of high velocity and the hollow cavity being filled with material that causes expansion, typically anywhere from one and a half to three inches this occurs. Expansion decreases penetration into the body, you want the round to hit vitals and stop, luckily for you this is how modern JHPs are engineered.

And the caliber debate is always ridiculous, particularly in this context. 22lr has killed more people than any other round (this is mostly due to availability, and the number of firearms chambered in this caliber, nonetheless this caliber has more 'street cred' than any other round, if you will.) Folks will indeed debate caliber endlessly, that being said I have yet to find a volunteer to step in front of 22lr. And I'll wrap this up by providing a little context, farm animals (and large ones at that cows, horses etc.) Are euthanized using .32 acp. Shot placement is what matters. 10mm or 5.56 will do the job. To sum it all up have you ever considered shooting yourself in the chest instead? Multiple NFL players have taken this route (they wanted to preserve their brains so as to study the effects of concussion and TBI) I imagine that these individuals were a lot larger than you are now, if it worked for them, it will work for you. It's still not pretty, but you're unlikely to get an open casket funeral if you shoot yourself in the head, just saying. Cheers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: makethepainstop and Caustic
Caustic

Caustic

Nov 18, 2022
I'm going to do it in the car in a remote area (it is not uncommon for folks to find suicide or drug overdose deaths in this area, so whoever finds me will likely be a first responder, and well-equipped to deal with the situation), one to the chest, two if needed. I don't imagine any cleanup will be involved as they would just scrap the car, that being said they may clean out all the blood and resell it in today's crazy auto market. (Don't buy any Subarus in Colorado for the next little while) I'm using my XD9 Sub compact, 3" barrel, 9mm jacketed hollow point, 135 grain, PDX 1 to be exact. Check out tnoutdoors9 on YouTube, dude is a wealth of information. Your post reminds me of the suicide hotline skit in The Great Milenko. 'if you're going to do it, do it outside or something'.

Additionally there is a lot of misinformation about gunshot wounds here. Entry wounds are quite small and unspectacular, regardless of the caliber used, exit wounds are a different story. This is why you want to use a jacketed hollow point, full metal jacket will increase the likelihood of a through and through shot, and your chances of surviving. Again check out the dude on YouTube I suggested. JHPs expand after entering the target (you) not before, it is the combination of high velocity and the hollow cavity being filled with material that causes expansion, typically anywhere from one and a half to three inches this occurs. Expansion decreases penetration into the body, you want the round to hit vitals and stop, luckily for you this is how modern JHPs are engineered.

And the caliber debate is always ridiculous, particularly in this context. 22lr has killed more people than any other round (this is mostly due to availability, and the number of firearms chambered in this caliber, nonetheless this caliber has more 'street cred' than any other round, if you will.) Folks will indeed debate caliber endlessly, that being said I have yet to find a volunteer to step in front of 22lr. And I'll wrap this up by providing a little context, farm animals (and large ones at that cows, horses etc.) Are euthanized using .32 acp. Shot placement is what matters. 10mm or 5.56 will do the job. To sum it all up have you ever considered shooting yourself in the chest instead? Multiple NFL players have taken this route (they wanted to preserve their brains so as to study the effects of concussion and TBI) I imagine that these individuals were a lot larger than you are now, if it worked for them, it will work for you.
Jacketted hollow point? Sounds gnarly. A chest wound would actually be ideal to preserve the body. Great info!

Reactions: makethepainstop and coyotestark
Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021

And the caliber debate is always ridiculous, particularly in this context. 22lr has killed more people than any other round (this is mostly due to availability, and the number of firearms chambered in this caliber, nonetheless this caliber has more 'street cred' than any other round, if you will.) Folks will indeed debate caliber endlessly, that being said I have yet to find a volunteer to step in front of 22lr. And I'll wrap this up by providing a little context, farm animals (and large ones at that cows, horses etc.) Are euthanized using .32 acp. Shot placement is what matters. 10mm or 5.56 will do the job. To sum it all up have you ever considered shooting yourself in the chest instead? Multiple NFL players have taken this route (they wanted to preserve their brains so as to study the effects of concussion and TBI) I imagine that these individuals were a lot larger than you are now, if it worked for them, it will work for you. It's still not pretty, but you're unlikely to get an open casket funeral if you shoot yourself in the head, just saying. Cheers.
I've considered shooting myself in the chest, but I would be concerned about hitting a lung or rib instead. I'd rather it just be instant lights out rather than a few seconds of consciousness.

• Aww..
Reactions: coyotestark
coyotestark

coyotestark

Jun 13, 2022
I've considered shooting myself in the chest, but I would be concerned about hitting a lung or rib instead. I'd rather it just be instant lights out rather than a few seconds of consciousness.
I'd consider again, if you go with the chest and fuck up and survive, at least you won't be missing half your face for the rest of your life, however long that is. Remember shot placement is what is important. People are trained the world over to shoot for center mass for good reason.

Reactions: makethepainstop and Helplessturtle79
Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021
I'd consider again, if you go with the chest and fuck up and survive, at least you won't be missing half your face for the rest of your life, however long that is. Remember shot placement is what is important. People are trained the world over to shoot for center mass for good reason.
This is actually a really good point. I might go for the chest, then.

• Love
Reactions: makethepainstop and coyotestark
coyotestark

coyotestark

Jun 13, 2022
If your concern is the traumatization of others, this is the best bet. Jim Goad was brought up on obscenity charges back in the day for publishing Kurt Cobain's suicide aftermath in his zine called Answer Me. (I believe it was series 6, The suicide edition, as it was. Folks here might find that issue interesting, you can find it online easily enough.) The photo was fold out out style like a Playboy, it's brutal stuff.

• Yay!
O

oneeyed

Specialist
Oct 11, 2022
This was my thought but then again I'm no gun expert. With headshots, you have to make sure to sever the brainstem. It's remarkable on how resilient the brain is. Maybe mark on your chest where the approximate center of your heart is and when you choose to ctb, place the gun there. Unless this is incorrect, someone who is more knowledgeable may want to confirm.

Reactions: Helplessturtle79
S

sevenkarmas

Student
Oct 10, 2022
Another issue you may have is over penetration. A 5.56 or .223 round can easily pass through and penetrate a wall or ceiling. Personally, I would not use this method in a situation where the round could penetrate the room barrier and hit another person.