N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think many depressed people know self-loathing and maybe the feeling that oneself is a fraud. For me i also deal with autoaggression. Sometimes i have an outburst of fury because i am so upset due to my life. It is often towards the people who destroyed my life and towards myself. This aggression can lead to suicidal ideation. Especially this self-hatred can make my suicidal. I sometimes imagine a very brutal death in order to ease this aggression. But if death comes closer i rather prefer something like SN.
Do you experience something similar?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and reasonabledoubt
Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
Definitely. Not one for cut pain but during the height of my frustration, I used to slap myself, hit my head against or punch the wall. Broke a mirror with my forehead, broke a hand dryer too, and shouted to a salesman once. There were also shouting matches between me and my mom. The outburst was only tamed when I entertained the suicide thoughts, those thoughts really brought some comfort to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I used to slap myself, hit my head against or punch the wall.
Oh wow, I'm kinda relieved that I am not the only one. I have never, ever told anyone because I feel like a psycho for it and I'm kinda ashamed. Occasionally I get really angry at myself if I continuously fail at doing a certain task and hit my head with my hand or fist to "force my brain to start working already". And when I play the piano and keep repeating the same error I slam the finger that keeps pressing the the wrong key on the edge of the table so that my stupid brain finally gets it. Though I gotta say it helps, usually I don't repeat the error again, almost as if it resolved a blockade in my head lol.

I guess that is a form of auto-aggression. I never thought about it and nobody knows, I'm surprised myself because I usually never get that aggressive that fast. Maybe that just shows my self-hatred.
I think this post has helped me become more aware of this behaviour of mine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Intotheflames and demuic
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Most of the time when I get angry the anger is directed inwards and that results in me hurting myself.