Just out of curiosity, how many people on here are on the autism spectrum?

• This is a stupid question, and you should die for your curiosity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Just out of plain curiosity, it really doesn't matter. I'm not autistic, but was just wondering if anyone out there was. Feel free to comment after voting, I won't. So all in short, thanks for your participation.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and botanormal
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
My parents call me autistic, my therapist said there're no signs. My answer is Apples :smiling:

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Antigonish, Xocoyotziin and 5 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm not, I don't have or relate to any of the symptoms nor showed any signs as a kid. But my brother is and my father probably is.

Reactions: Antigonish, Deleted member 19654 and botanormal
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
I'm autistic, showed a lot of symptoms as a kid and I'm still really socially Stupid(tm) today. There's your one answer from someone on the spectrum.

People have treated me either like I'm a child or like I'm 100% neurotypical and don't need help (when I really really do). This world wasn't built for me, and that kind of adds onto the pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: asdwannadie, Antigonish, Deleted member 19654 and 4 others
B

Boart

Life is not hard, it’s fkin dumb
Nov 13, 2020
I suspect that your guess is that a lot of posters here are autistic?
Did I read that right?
If so, I think you're right.
There are many of them here. No doubt, from the little time I've seen posts here anyway..
I don't have it! :) Actually been through a check on it, lol

Reactions: Antigonish
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I have hfa.
When they did the ss survey earlier on this year, one of the questions asked this. Autism was represented much higher here than in the general population. Interesting. There is a strong link between suicide and autism unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Antigonish, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I've been diagnosed with Asperger's as well. I've spontaneously experienced rapport for a few brief moments in time during my life, enough to make me aware of how badly out of synch I usually am. I completely agree with the protocol applied in the Netherlands and Belgium that having Asperger's is absolutely a valid basis for psychiatrist administered euthanasia.

Anybody opposed to this can succeed in their opposition by instantly producing a permanent CURE for Asperger's and ALL other cases of autism NOW with NO exceptions!

• Love
Reactions: asdwannadie, Aurora, SmellyRat and 2 others
F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
Most people get over it.

• Love
Reactions: SmellyRat and Antigonish
F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
QUOTE="reticen, post: 979639, member: 23496"]
lol are you trying to start a shitshow? Because you'll start one
[/QUOTE]
Not really. I know a kid had it. It was trouble for the parents. Now, he's very OK.

N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
35% of autistics have a plan to commit, I've attempted once. autistics weren't made for this stupid world.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: asdwannadie, Belaya Noch, Homecoming and 8 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Not really. I know a kid who got over it.
First you make a thread about how you think people on here CTB because they are mentally unstable and not because of personal problems in their life, now you're saying that people can just "get over" autism?

Reactions: Antigonish, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Gnip and 3 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
First you make a thread about how you think people on here CTB because they are mentally unstable and not because of personal problems in their life, now you're saying that people can just "get over" autism?

A troll, imo.

• Love
Reactions: Antigonish, GoodPersonEffed and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Reactions: Antigonish, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Mm80 and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Most people get over it.
Funny.
What do you mean by get over it ?
Autism can get easier to cope with due to age and experience but it never goes away imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: Antigonish, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Deleted member 19654
F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
Ok. I agree with you. You can't get over it. Happy?
A troll, imo.
If people can't engage offer different viewpoints and experiences for fear of being labelled troll, whats the use of any discussion?
A troll, imo.
If people can't engage offer different viewpoints and experiences for fear of being labelled troll, whats the use of any discussion?

Last edited:
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
When I was younger, my first therapist tried to diagnose me with asperger's, but it was false. The only reason why she tried to was because I would get really angry and I didn't have any friends back then, but that's because most of the school hated me and were assholes.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SmellyRat, Antigonish, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
When I was younger, my first therapist tried to diagnose me with asperger's, but it was false. The only reason why she tried to was because I would get really angry and I didn't have any friends back then, but that's because most of the school hated me and were assholes.
Hard time.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
35% of autistics have a plan to commit, I've attempted once. autistics weren't made for this stupid world.

No one was made for the world, we're just here, dont isolate yourself. We never chose to be born. Shit happens.
Ok. I agree with you. You can't get over it. Happy?

This is right, this is a pro choice forum, pro opinion should matter also.

Last edited:
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Where does this statistic come from?
I'm going simply because im in chronic pain all the time....I'm fed up of trying to live for others.

Aurora

Aurora

Nov 1, 2020
I'm Neurotypical but I suspect that both my shitty ass dad has it and one of my siblings. I find it really difficult trying to communicate with them.

Reactions: SmellyRat
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
LOL@apples :pfff:
I was assessed. The bloke read through my forms and said "based on your replies, you are not autistic. However, I still believe you are."
He continued to grill me and it was clear to me that he was suffering from confirmation bias. So I started to pay attention to his reactions to specific questions. Any question I answered that indicated the potential for being autistic, his face lit up. Any question that suggested I wasn't autistic, he was stone faced and quickly moved on.
I answered all the questions honestly.
He behaved very predictably.
He completely sidelined the fact that I have OCD, as has every other health professional I've talked to, and was determined to give me a diagnosis of autism.
I told him that I don't believe I am, though I could see why people who don't know me might think so, based on experiences in early life and having a need to control things recently, due to feeling powerless from chronic illness and discrimination from the psychiatric profession.
He didn't like that response and told me that they'd be sending more detailed forms to fill in.
I asked what benefit getting a diagnosis would give me from a practical point of view. I'm in my forties, have lived as I am all my life, and if I am on the spectrum I'm high functioning, so what's the point of a diagnosis. All it will do is give professionals another label to subconsciously discriminate against me with.
he said that shouldn't happen and I told him, maybe it shouldn't happen, but it does happen.
The forms have not come through.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I was never diagnosed yet I have some of the aspie syndromes. People often say that I'm acting weird during conversations and using inadequte words. I often have a feeling I behave diffrerently from others yet I can't precise the exact deviations. I'm definitely introverted and I usually avoid being among people, especially strangers. However I have no trouble controlling my emotions or estimating others emotions which differs me from typical asperger disorder.

Reactions: virginiawoolf and demuic