H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Why do suicidal people get accused of wanting attention? My parents just told me this, fuck them. can someone explain why people think this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: drnhng, OopsIdidntwanttodie, Kat! and 6 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
people don't understand how overwhelming this feelings are.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
people don't understand how overwhelming this feelings are.
They told me I don't have to work, i have it made, and I do it for attention. They walked in on me drunk.

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and ecmnesia
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
It's crazy how this is some people's first reaction to learning that someone else is suicidal. Says a lot about them as person tbh

Reactions: Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
also I am sorry you have to endure this. you are parents are (at best) being ignorant and stupid. you deserve to be treated with respect.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Heart Shards and Ghost2211
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Fuck my life.
I'm really fucked up at the moment. but still. It's better than being sober.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning, Brick In The Wall, Ghost2211 and 3 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
They told me I don't have to work, i have it made, and I do it for attention. They walked in on me drunk.
i am under the impression that this type of person is to simple minded. they can't understand that there is much more than money and success. those things are great and necessary to live. but not by far enough.

you are copping the best way you can. it's ok. they are fucking wrong, tbh. please don't listen to them
plus who'd possibly want this kind of attention.

• Love
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I believe it's because there are a lot of people who do try to use it to get attention. It's usually a sign of immaturity and manipulation. A lot of people make suicidal gestures when they aren't actually wanting to kill themselves. Also, for some reason certain age groups act like it's cool or something to have mental illness. It's very romanticized.

So if you're not really familiar with actual depressed people, and if that's what you're used to seeing, it's easy to dismiss it all as just attention seeking.

That sort of behavior really hurts everyone and makes it hard to be taken seriously. In general, the ones who really need help tend to be quieter about it, so they are easy to overlook.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Ghost2211, Good4Nothing and 3 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This is one of the many reasons people come here.
When they say you have it made, it shows that their frustration at something they cannot fix is high. A common problem.
I hope better days are ahead.

• Love
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Well thinking about it any time anyone emotes at all it's usually because they want some form of attention. When people accuse us of seeking attention what they are really saying is that they don't want to give us attention and resent the fact that we are doing things that make them feel like they should give us attention.

• Love
Reactions: muffin222, Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Fuck my life.
I'm really fucked up at the moment. but still. It's better than being sober.

It's the rest of the world that's fucked up. And I wish I could be drunk (but I can't tolerate the hangovers).

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Disappointered, Ghost2211 and 2 others
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
idk. i'm thinking about swallowing SN, I'm already drunk, my SI is none existant.
I'm really tired.
Just hope I can do it.
Just hope I can do it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Brick In The Wall, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
idk. i'm thinking about swallowing SN, I'm already drunk, my SI is none existant.
I'm really tired.
I don't think you should. Not on top of the alcohol and not now.

Reactions: ecmnesia and Silvermorning
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm really tired.
Just hope I can do it.
Just hope I can do it.
I'm so sorry you're feeling this bad, but I really don't think that's a good idea. SN and alcohol don't mix, and you're likely to hurt yourself. It won't help you right now.

Reactions: ecmnesia, Meditation guide, Silvermorning and 2 others
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I'm so sorry you're feeling this bad, but I really don't think that's a good idea. SN and alcohol don't mix, and you're likely to hurt yourself. It won't help you right now.
Fuck. I'm so tired.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Disappointered, Ghost2211 and 2 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I know it's exhausting, and I really wish I could help. The only thing that really works for me when I'm this low and the urges are strong is actually sleeping. I decided it's better to just do that because if I'm not awake, I'm safe.

• Love
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
You'll just throw up and waste your SN.
Put on some tunes and get good and drunk til you pass out. I'm sorry your parents are dopes.

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I know it's exhausting, and I really wish I could help. The only thing that really works for me when I'm this low and the urges are strong is actually sleeping. I decided it's better to just do that because if I'm not awake, I'm safe.
thanks. I don't think I'm doing this for attention. THis is how I really feel. I feel like my parents hate me.
I cant help that I'm drunk. I dont want to feel anything at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Because a lot of people do tend to use the treat of suicide for attention sadly.
And some people are stupid but whatever the reasons I am sure I am not alone in not telling others because I would hate to seem like I am seeking attention.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Heart Shards
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I feel like my parents hate me.

I know that feeling. Yesterday my mom invited me over for thanksgiving, but I didn't go because my dad hates me. I want to see my mom, but I don't want to see him. As much as I love her, I resent her for ever marrying that asshole.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I am usually too scared I will be locked away somewhere for expressing it. I think suicide is best made known so it can open up a conversation and see if there are possibly other options. The only other option is a suicide note and that's really end game.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
thanks. I don't think I'm doing this for attention. THis is how I really feel. I feel like my parents hate me.
I don't think you are at all! You're hurting, and I understand.

I don't think they hate you, but maybe they just don't know what to do. Maybe they're hoping it'll pass, because it's honestly terrifying to have to watch your child go through things like this and not have a clue how to fix it. I went through it with my son, and even though I knew better, I did and said some things I shouldn't have. But it didn't mean I didn't care.

• Love
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I don't think you are at all! You're hurting, and I understand.

I don't think they hate you, but maybe they just don't know what to do. Maybe they're hoping it'll pass, because it's honestly terrifying to have to watch your child go through things like this and not have a clue how to fix it. I went through it with my son, and even though I knew better, I did and said some things I shouldn't have. But it didn't mean I didn't care.
I don't want to do this to my parents. I think depression has made me an alchoholic.
Thanks for the replies, going to try to sleep. Fuck.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: k75, Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I don't want to do this to my parents. I think depression has made me an alchoholic.
Thanks for the replies, going to try to sleep. Fuck.
Sleep it off sweet Willow, that's the best thing you can do right now. I know from experience :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Heart Shards and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I don't know how a parent could ever accuse their child of behaving poorly for attention. Even if their child is acting out for attention that means that they need their parents attention. It's ridiculous that people think that we would keep up a long-term façade of suicide for the sake of attention, but even if it was for attention then maybe they should consider giving us some actual love and support. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Brick In The Wall, Sakura94 and 1 other person
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I don't know how a parent could ever accuse their child of behaving poorly for attention. Even if their child is acting out for attention that means that they need their parents attention. It's ridiculous that people think that we would keep up a long-term façade of suicide for the sake of attention, but even if it was for attention then maybe they should consider giving us some actual love and support. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
It's alright Rosey. I'll be dead soon and they'll see where "attention" got me. They can bathe in their own terrible words.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Brick In The Wall and Ghost2211
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Do they have a history of believing you, or blaming you or minimizing?

My parents had a history of the latter. A classic example was when I broke my wrist and it was swollen and painful. My mother said to stop crying it wasn't that bad, I was oversensitive and seeking attention. She later said that the doctor told her it was a greenstick fracture and that I didn't really need a cast, he just gave me one so I could get the attention of having it signed, etc. Nowadays it's known that such fractures vary in degree of pain and that casts are the prescribed course of treatment.

I don't know if this helped, but it helped me to realize my parents had a pattern of non-empathetic, blaming responses. That's their shit and they're dumping it on you and expecting you to own it like it's reality. It's gaslighting, it causes cognitive dissonance, it creates self-doubt, and it hurts. I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending compassion and affirmation.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: muffin222, ecmnesia, Silvermorning and 2 others
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Think I'm losing concoiusness .

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, Silvermorning and Ghost2211