maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
it's not fair that ever since I was a child I've always always always craved attention and yet I've never recieved much

I do everything, and I mean everything I can to become popular and get attention especially online. I tried creating an entire new personality publicly, tried creating a whole new identity on a different account without telling anyone, analyzed the profiles of "big" twitter accounts people like a lot to make one like theirs, paid attention to behavior too to act more like them, nothing. I have ~450 twitter followers and that's not NEARLY enough.

I have tons of friends but none of them give me much attention or affection other than like 3 of them. a lot of my friends, especially one, make it so obvious they couldn't care less about me or how I feel. whenever I ask for praise or attention it's usually crickets and I'm so fucking tired of it I give all my friends so much genuine affection because I love my friends, I'm very grateful for my friends and I mean that! but none of them care for me and I'm so fed up with all of it I don't know what to do anymore I just want attention

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sylveon, CatLvr, spirittheyregone and 3 others
Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
Whats the reason you want attention? Genuinely curious. I never felt that way, especially not in social media.

Reactions: CatLvr, spirittheyregone, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
Whats the reason you want attention? Genuinely curious. I never felt that way, especially not in social media.
I have covert NPD, but i've also just always craved it since I was little. I think it's also because my parents never gave me much when I was little, I went through a lot of emotional neglect and still am to this day

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Sylveon, CatLvr and 1 other person
S

Sat

Aug 12, 2024
You don't need love from a million people, you need a million love from a person.

I've heard a quote like that somewhere.

Reactions: Fragile_ and CatLvr
Ramsay Fiction

Ramsay Fiction

Soulburner
Aug 15, 2024
I crave attention, maybe it stems from none of my basic needs being met growing up and being isolated from other people? I'm not sure. I have a tendency to be a people pleaser so people like me. Like you, I know a lot of people! But they may as well all be NPCs.

All that just to say I don't 100% know your perspective but can definitely sympathize with an appetite for attention that remains unsatiated

S

Soupster

Student
Aug 14, 2024
This is a mindset I genuinely don't understand. To be clear that does not make it less valid or mean that it is wrong in amy way. Just I personally don't get it. I've always wanted to minimize the amount of attention I receive. I try to be bland, boring, nondescript. I don't want people looking at me, judging me, and definitely not approaching me. It's a pain in the ass that I work in people oriented jobs and have to fake it at work. I just shut that shit down as soon as I get home. I have very little social media, and ertainly no followers.

Reactions: Fragile_
Ramsay Fiction

Ramsay Fiction

Soulburner
Aug 15, 2024
This is a mindset I genuinely don't understand. To be clear that does not make it less valid or mean that it is wrong in amy way. Just I personally don't get it. I've always wanted to minimize the amount of attention I receive. I try to be bland, boring, nondescript. I don't want people looking at me, judging me, and definitely not approaching me. It's a pain in the ass that I work in people oriented jobs and have to fake it at work. I just shut that shit down as soon as I get home. I have very little social media, and ertainly no followers.
Some people are just like that. I understand your pov too. I get nervous when I am the center of attention, it just so happens that I want it anyway despite that. I think most people in a similar boat don't have this weird conflicting desires like I do. Hiding away never to be seen again by another person sometimes seems really appealing lol

Fragile_

Fragile_

cold as ice
Jun 2, 2024
I understand your frustration but honestly satisfying your needs with the amount of twitter followers is hollow. You need few close friends or even just 1 person that cares about you the same way you care about them. But yea.. it's not easy to find that person