P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I can see myself in all the stuff they talk about, it's like a group therapy session. I wanna attend druggies anonymous as well. It sounds weird but once you're there it's really not. The whole aura of God is a bit meh, but it's really about supporting eachother in recovery. I can't believe I was so incredibly strong and managed to recover on my own in the past. Rn I need people, people are great. Even the old, wrinkly, ill, alcoholics in abstinence.

Reactions: Celerity and looseye
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
The god stuff would put me off big time

P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
The god stuff would put me off big time
It puts me off as well, but it's like 10% of the meeting, nobody pressures nobody, it's really not that much about god, at least here. Some people say quite a bit about God or rather Their Higher Power, but when you look past that you can observe the mental work those people put into recovery. All the barriers and self-binding. That's what helps me. (Plus some of the stories are funny/crazy af) I don't believe in God, getting out of an addiction is purely in your head, lizard brain and all of that. I get that being religious work for others tho. And since they don't judge or pressure me I don't do the same to them.

Reactions: jodes2
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Oh yes, I love A-meetings. And I dont know why, but it really helps. And yes, the lyrics sounds some strange, but the meetings are normal and the people also. I go to CodA. And I wish I could go to EA, but that's to difficult because of the organisation of time.

I am very happy that you found something that works for you!! I wish you 24 hours of miracles.

• Hugs
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I am glad for you. Group therapy is extremely underrated. I have found it to be much more helpful than "traditional" one-on-one therapy.

• Love
Reactions: Regen and przeciwwymiotne