J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
What do you guys think? Will we arise again?

jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
Energy is what feeds consciousness. Your brain cells have to be powered to create it. So your thoughts are effect of electric and chemical reactions in your brain, but not energy itself. It's like saying that when rising a wooden block with your hands you make this wooden block a form of energy.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and thedaywillcome
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
If time is infinite, the probability of exactly the same collection of atoms coming together in another you rises. If time is finite, then not so much.

Really the problem is mistaking the conservation of mass/energy with the conservation of an object. If I take a log and burn it, clearly the log is destroyed, while at the same time not violating any principles. Now if I ask "will that log, in its exact, pre-burnt form, appear again?" I think then people will look at me as being daft, more so than they already do…

Reactions: Shu
brashwriting

brashwriting

60 days
Apr 17, 2022
Here's how I think of it. Yes, the Law of Conservation of Mass says that matter cannot be created or destroyed. But we are not merely the sum of our chemicals. We are the product of how and when everything is assembled.

Let me put it in different words: suppose you had a wood table. Then you threw that wood table in a massive wood chipper. All the parts of that table would come out the other end, but it wouldn't be a table. It would be wood chips.

It's a similar process when one dies. Their body decays; it changes. It breaks apart. What once was whole is now a bunch of different pieces, and cannot be reassembled again.

That's my personal view, and I mean no disrespect to those who believe differently.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Al Cappella
M

Messgram

Meaningless struggle
Dec 30, 2021
For us to be reborn again, our atoms would have to be rearranged exactly as they are now to generate our consciousness again. It's like saying that if I destroy a computer the atoms may rearrange itself and the datas from that same PC will magically sprout on another machine. Does not make sense.

Reactions: motel rooms and ColorlessTrees
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I like my body but my brain formed under abuse so maybe the real unabused me isn't even me

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I like my body but my brain formed under abuse so maybe the real unabused me isn't even me
I am so sorry for that. I hate my body and face and I also been abused my CTB is WAY overdue because I didn't obey the natural law

Reactions: Weebster
T90-Alpha

T90-Alpha

Hopeless
Apr 21, 2022
I fucking hope Reincarnation isn't real. i don't want to be reincarnated again, again , and again in a loop of agony and suffering.
all i want is to go to sleep forever, and end the suffering i deal with

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
needforvoid_

needforvoid_

Apr 18, 2022
So you think we will arise again?
I thought the q was about another universe when this one collapses lol, I just said atoms can be created/destroyed.
I don't believe in reincarnation though, my conscience is a product of my body and dies with it.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
For us to be reborn again, our atoms would have to be rearranged exactly as they are now to generate our consciousness again. It's like saying that if I destroy a computer the atoms may rearrange itself and the datas from that same PC will magically sprout on another machine. Does not make sense.

Yep. I don't understand why anyone would wanna exist forever anyway.