D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I heard sn shouldn't be stored at very hot temperatures. The thing is, it's summer and where I live, in Romania, can get very hot outside, there were days when there were over 40 degrees outside.

I store the 2 packages of sn I have in my room in separare places, the sn from DMC in a drawer and the sn from BO in a wardrobe, so there isn't any sunlight there. I know sn should be stored at room temperature, in a dark, dry, cool place away from sunlight or heat. I thought drawers and wardrobes provide these conditions but I'm not sure now. In my room it's not as hot as outside but it can still get hot, like there are more than 30 degrees. I keep my window open most of the time so air can get in but it's still hot.

I'm worried I might not have stored sn at the right temperature and they might have lost some of their purity even though I didn't open the packages yet. I heard moisture can get in drawers and wardrobes and salt can also attract moisture. I checked the places I keep sn and the packages themselves, there doesn't seem to be moisture but I could be wrong. The sn from DMC is wrapped in a cardboard paper and there's a bag inside it containing sn, the one from BO is in a cardboard box and there's a bottle inside containing sn, I didn't open either of them. I know I already asked this before if I stored them properly but I'm still worried about this. Even if I test the sn with aquarium test strips and the blood test there still might not be very accurate results so I wouldn't know if the sn lost their purity or not

C

Crazyturtle777

I just hope my death makes more sense than my life
May 18, 2024

From my own professional experience, I can tell you that it is very stable around room temperature. The decomposition of the substance is very slow. Store it in the dark and keep it closed if possible.
Finally, the procedure would also work with 85 - 90% NaNO2.

Reactions: LostSoul1965
D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023

From my own professional experience, I can tell you that it is very stable around room temperature. The decomposition of the substance is very slow. Store it in the dark and keep it closed if possible.
Finally, the procedure would also work with 85 - 90% NaNO2.
What does room temperature mean? It's summer and in my room there are more than 30 degrees. I keep the packages of sn away from sunlight in a drawer and wardrobe and I didn't open them yet so I don't think the sn got exposed to air. The sn from DMC arrived at the end of May and the one from BO in June, so I keep them there for more than 2 months. The problem is that it's summer like I said and outside can get very hot, even in my room while maybe not as hot as outside it can still be hot even though as I mentioned in my original post, I keep my window open most of the time so air can get in. Is it fine the way I stored them in this amount of time?

null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
Keeping them as tucked away as you can to insulate it from warmth is really all you can do in your situation.

I'm confident your goods will survive and serve their intended purpose.

Room temperature is from 55-75 Fahrenheit/12-23 Celsius. Being a little over this so long as it's out of sunlight is fine.