• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
Anyone have any good information on this? My access to methods are extremely limited and I want to go asap.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
There is a huge thread about it. I believe they said over 250 feet is best.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Do you mind linking it? I'm new here and there's a lot to sort through
Hold please. I'm fairly knew as well but I'll get you the link
I can't find the megathread but here is a link to one someone was asking about it. If you go to the search at the top you can find just about anything.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/jumping-200-feet-onto-sand.22514/

Last edited:
Reactions: xBrialesana
C

can'tdoitanymore

Student
Oct 31, 2019
Is jumping 7-8 stories a really bad idea? Everything I've read here people seem to want it to be much higher but I've read so many news articles on people dying jumping off parking structures that height. Maybe we are overthinking things?

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Is jumping 7-8 stories a really bad idea? Everything I've read here people seem to want it to be much higher but I've read so many news articles on people dying jumping off parking structures that height. Maybe we are overthinking things?
I think it's in how you land? If your head hits then in theory a significant jump should do it.

C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020
Anyone have any good information on this? My access to methods are extremely limited and I want to go asap.

the minimums are: 150 feet on to land and 250 feet on to water, and they are estimated at being 95 - 98% fatal at those minimum heights

ThatIsTheQuestion

ThatIsTheQuestion

Ghost in Waiting
Aug 4, 2019
I think the worst fear for most people is that jumping has just about the highest risk of any method of leaving you permanently disabled - physically, mentally and intellectually. People who jump and live often end up unable to try again, which to me would be the worst possible world.

Reactions: fficiallyjawshh
C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020

doesn't anyone do research on here? the most important factor for jumping is HEIGHT. if you jumped 7 - 8 stories you would be a fucking moron

Reactions: x-Ace-x and xBrialesana
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
There are accounts of people who have gone skydiving and survived parachute malfunctions, freak survivals.

I'd be willing to bet there have been studies published in forensics journals, perhaps search Google scholar.

I will say that this thread gave me pause. I'm terrified of heights because I don't see in 3-D and have inaccurate depth perception. However, I live on the 6th floor and have pondered what would happen if I jumped. Now I know for sure I shall not, as I am also pretty afraid of extreme pain and brain damage.

Reactions: xBrialesana
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019

I understand needing to go now, and however you choose and that's IF you choose to go, please be careful. There's so many factors with jumping. I wouldn't want you to end up locked up OR in extreme agony. Take care of yourself

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
To be safe, reach terminal velocity. You want to go at 200 km/h. Meaning you need a height of 1,500 feet. I wouldn't even jump unless it 1,500+ feet or higher.
Yeah at 200 km/h, you done I'm sure.

See this tallest tower? Find a place with this height, and jump. I guarantee you, you be dead. Regardless of how you land.

Shanghai-Tower-China.jpg

C

can'tdoitanymore

Student
Oct 31, 2019
doesn't anyone do research on here? the most important factor for jumping is HEIGHT. if you jumped 7 - 8 stories you would be a fucking moron
Yes which is why I was basically asking if we are all being overly cautious assuming you need to jump from huge heights. These news articles are evidence you absolutely can die from that height and many do but of course the chance of failure does increase. It's not always an option to access anywhere higher though.

C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020
Yes which is why I was basically asking if we are all being overly cautious assuming you need to jump from huge heights. These news articles are evidence you absolutely can die from that height and many do but of course the chance of failure does increase. It's not always an option to access anywhere higher though.

I'm guessing none of you have read the lost all hope website. A jump from 150 feet (about 15 stories) on to land and from 250 feet (about 25 stories) on to water is 95 - 98% fatal. Any less than these heights and you are at risk of it not working.
To be safe, reach terminal velocity. You want to go at 200 km/h. Meaning you need a height of 1,500 feet. I wouldn't even jump unless it 1,500+ feet or higher.
Yeah at 200 km/h, you done I'm sure.

See this tallest tower? Find a place with this height, and jump. I guarantee you, you be dead. Regardless of how you land.

Shanghai-Tower-China.jpg

the higher the better, but anyone jumping more than 200 feet on to a hard surface will not survive

Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
It depends on what type of odds you're looking for. If you want >95% chance of death, you'll need higher than 7-8 stories. As others have said, 150 feet is recommended (this ends up being closer to 15 stories). Is 50/50 odds of death good enough for you, especially when considering the outcomes for survivors? What about a 60% chance of death? They do not post stories about jumpers who survive 7-8 stories but are disabled. My guess is that it's a fairly decent percentage of people (>30%). Of note: you have no control over whether your head will hit first. My recommendation is to find a more appropriate height.

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
Hold please. I'm fairly knew as well but I'll get you the link
I can't find the megathread but here is a link to one someone was asking about it. If you go to the search at the top you can find just about anything.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/jumping-200-feet-onto-sand.22514/
Thanks, I appreciate it.
I think the worst fear for most people is that jumping has just about the highest risk of any method of leaving you permanently disabled - physically, mentally and intellectually. People who jump and live often end up unable to try again, which to me would be the worst possible world.
This is what I'm afraid of.

C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020
It depends on what type of odds you're looking for. If you want >95% chance of death, you'll need higher than 7-8 stories. As others have said, 150 feet is recommended (this ends up being closer to 15 stories). Is 50/50 odds of death good enough for you, especially when considering the outcomes for survivors? What about a 60% chance of death? They do not post stories about jumpers who survive 7-8 stories but are disabled. My guess is that it's a fairly decent percentage of people (>30%). Of note: you have no control over whether your head will hit first. My recommendation is to find a more appropriate height.

If jumping from 200 feet or more on to a hard surface, so long as you don't go feet first; it really doesn't matter what hits the ground first, the impact will destroy your head anyway. So long as you land in a horizontal position it will destroy your head and all your internal organs.

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
I understand needing to go now, and however you choose and that's IF you choose to go, please be careful. There's so many factors with jumping. I wouldn't want you to end up locked up OR in extreme agony. Take care of yourself
I'm in so much physical pain I need out. I can't take another day. But I have no methods. I live with my brother, can't hang myself, have no money, live in Germany so can't even save up for a gun. I'm thinking about finding a shooting range and killing myself there, but I'm scared if I fuck it up they'll be able to save/stop me

C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020
I'm in so much physical pain I need out. I can't take another day. But I have no methods. I live with my brother, can't hang myself, have no money, live in Germany so can't even save up for a gun. I'm thinking about finding a shooting range and killing myself there, but I'm scared if I fuck it up they'll be able to save/stop me

aren't there times when your brother leaves the house?

C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020
Yeah but what if he forgets something and comes back and "saves" me?

For hanging you need to be left for 30 minutes, no interruptions. The key is planning it through, so you know for 100% you will be left alone for at least 30 minutes.

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
For hanging you need to be left for 30 minutes, no interruptions. The key is planning it through, so you know for 100% you will be left alone for at least 30 minutes.
That's not even the main problem with hanging, there's nowhere to hang myself from in my apartment.

C

Christ88

Jan 7, 2020
That's not even the main problem with hanging, there's nowhere to hang myself from in my apartment.

are there any secluded forests or woods near where you live? forests and woods are actually a popular choice for hangings

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
are there any secluded forests or woods near where you live? forests and woods are actually a popular choice for hangings
What if someone stumbles upon me
There's no secluded enough forest nearby or even by train close enough for that