Just a small poll(:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: newave3, Homecoming, patheticpartner and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never wanted to be alive really, I have never been suited for this life and have always struggled with living but I started to actually think about suicide when I was around 11-12. Suicidal thoughts are a part of me and have been for a long time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OceanBlue, Skathon, AnnonyBox and 12 others
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
For me it was when I was 13, because of some personal problems which themselves aren't really worth it. And then with every next year I had think about it more and more often having more and more reasons for doing it.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Brick In The Wall, LastLoveLetter and 7 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Around 15.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Brick In The Wall, LastLoveLetter and 2 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Brick In The Wall, LastLoveLetter and 4 others
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
The depression and anxiety started at thirteen after a slew of deaths in the family, but I didn't start having suicidal ideations until freshman year of college. Turns out coming to terms with your sexuality can mess with you pretty badly. Whodathunkit?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, FuneralCry, Brick In The Wall and 7 others
Promortalist_

Promortalist_

Celebrate Death Mourn Life
Jul 5, 2021
Wow, the votes really surprised me. We have so much in common it's scary.

I had this weird sadness lingering at the back of my head since 6-7 yrs of age or possibly even earlier (I don't remember). I always had suicide ideations but didn't know it was depression & anxiety until much later in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, FuneralCry, Brick In The Wall and 7 others
SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain

Dummy
Sep 9, 2020
I voted 10-15, but it was actually between 6-9. My mom had really bad financial problems back then and she would have a lot of rage outbursts and say things like "why don't I die?", "I just wanna shoot myself"... And I'd think, "yes, that would be nice for me too...". I think I wouldn't have had suicidal thoughts so early if it weren't for that stress and those things she said.
What's curious is she doesn't seem to understand my suicidality.

• Hugs
Reactions: thelastofit, _Minsk, FuneralCry and 7 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
started really thinking about it when I was 11 or so.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Кот, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm astonished by the results. That's depressing

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Кот, Brick In The Wall and 5 others
Winklemate

Winklemate

Jul 26, 2021
I voted 10-15 but honestly I don't even remember a time when I didn't think suicide was how my life was going to end. I'd like to think it wasn't earlier, so 10-15 is probably a safe bet. It definitely wasn't later.

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, _Minsk, FuneralCry and 5 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I had my first thought of hanging myself (in my closet) when I was eight years old. I look back and the scary thing about this is, I don't even think that suicide was ever mentioned to me/around me. At that age, I would worry myself to the point of physical sickness -- it was difficult to even get out of bed. I did have a few things going on in my life, at the time, but it seems like a lot of it was existential issues that I didn't realize since I was young. That would explain my existential crisis twelve years later lol.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, FuneralCry, Кот and 6 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
The applicable age range for me isn't listed... but I was 8. I still didn't fully understand the finality of death, but I did know that being alive was terrifying and painful, and that I didn't want to have any part in it anymore, so I pulled a plastic bag over my head, tied it around my neck, and waited. When I started to feel lightheaded and my breathing became shallow, SI kicked in and I ripped the bag off my head.

I often think about how much suffering I could have spared myself if it weren't for the SI – a real pesky thing if you truly don't want to live anymore. Living is difficult, dying is difficult, everything is just so damn difficult. Ideally I would have just not been born in the first place... but here I am. Whoopee.

• Hugs
Reactions: Seaghost, _Minsk, Skathon and 7 others
Nutshell

Nutshell

I’d feel better dead.
Feb 23, 2020
Unable to cast vote because the poll fails to include people under 10

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Skathon, Despondent and 5 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Passive ideation at 17, active at 18/19.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Nutshell, Despondent and 2 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
It started much earlier than the options listed.

I first thought "I want to die" at the age of 4. At around 9/10, I regularly experimented with suicidally motivated acts, such as keeping my head under water for as long as I could, keeping gas cylinders switched on, winding scarves around my neck really tightly. But that seed was planted at 4, and it has only grown since then.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Winklemate, _Minsk, Nutshell and 6 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
I've said 10-15 because proximity. I believe that first time was around 9

• Hugs
Reactions: Winklemate, _Minsk, LastLoveLetter and 4 others
goingoutinstyle

goingoutinstyle

Jul 29, 2021
no under 10 option? :P but yea i think i probably first had thoughts about not wanting to exist anymore or wishing i was never born when i was around 6-7, and then the first thoughts about actually killing myself when i was 12.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Winklemate, _Minsk, Skathon and 5 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd say around 12 or 13.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, LastLoveLetter, Nutshell and 4 others
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
7, don't know the reason

• Hugs
Reactions: Winklemate, _Minsk, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
~7-9.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nutshell, _Minsk and LastLoveLetter
Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
I'd say... Maybe i was born with a weird brain, maybe it's my parents that fucked me up.
But as long as i can remember myself I've been attached to gore stuff, liking blood, loving to imagine myself dying, thinking of.. "What would happen if i die" and things like that when i was about 8 years old.

At the age of 11 I had my very first attempt. Didn't work, was totally woth it, I liked the part where I tried!
As I grew older I've given 4 unsuccessful attempts overall that I never talk about in my irl circles. They don't get me, they judge and call me stupid.

Last one was in September 2018. (I was 17) After I got 0 help from a child suicide prevention hot line. It was 2am, I was alone, scared, the lady on the phone told me we don't have a whole day to chit chat, plus it's late and she was sleepy she said.
The bitch really didnt help, only made things worse.
Well... That time it didn't work either. Was a dumb move, I didn't calculate things properly, I got scoffed at later on.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Nutshell
NasiGoreng

NasiGoreng

Experienced
Aug 11, 2021
I was 8, but I believed god decided if you live or die. So I stopped believing in god because if he existed I wouldn't have to live trough that pain.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Nutshell
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
18-19 years old. The thoughts were only small at that time though. Since then they have grown, and their grip is stronger.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk