GrizzlyGrapefruit

GrizzlyGrapefruit

Student
Jun 17, 2019
I'm currently trying to decide if I should CTB in my room at home (where I live with my brother and my parents) or at the college dorm (where I live with 3 other people).

I feel like there are more advantages to ctbing at school since the door is locked with a passcode that only I know, so chances of anyone walking in during the time I take SN would be close to none. The only thing I worry about is 1.) There being a fire alarm (which happen semi-frequently) and my roommates getting suspicious as to why I didn't evacuate and 2.) Scarring my roommates emotionally.

I guess the chances of point 1 happening is less likely than the chances of my family checking my room at home, so I guess I'm torn between point 2 or having my family discover the body.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: nolongerhurting
D

DoesANameEvenMatter

Young and Suicidal
Jun 15, 2019
i think your roommates and your family getting scarred is bound to happen if u successfully ctb so it doesnt really matter where you do it. just curious tho, are u afraid of ur family/roomies finding ur body b4 u die or after?

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Why not rent a hotel room? If you need an excuse, just say that you wanted to do something spontaneous or something. Just don't mention the hotel part.

I wouldn't do it in either of the locations you've mentioned, it sounds far too risky.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGL91 and Lookingforabus
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
What do you guys think?

CtBing at home will be traumatic and brutal on your family, so don't do that unless you want to hurt them. Badly. (You'll turn their home into a crime scene, make them responsible for cleaning up your body, you really think they'll ever get a good night's sleep in that place again?, etc.).

Between the two, dorm room is the better option - at least your roommates aren't as close to you as family, and it's a safe bet they'll be allowed to move to a new room if you CtB there.

Having said that, my vote goes to hotel/motel room. They're private, you're not going to traumatize anyone close to you, and you can arrange it so that it's cops or firefighters who find your body.

Why not rent a hotel room? If you need an excuse, just say that you wanted to do something spontaneous or something.

Weekend sex trip with new romantic partner, sightseeing, partying, tourisming, etc. Loads of good reasons people rent a hotel room for the weekend.

O

OverItAll

Aug 31, 2019
I'd do it at school. As mentioned, your family might be so traumatised by it that they have to move out. Have heard of that happening before.