• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
I have now been denied at dignitas and life circle on the physical health grounds.
I am now trying to go the treatment resistant mental illness route with dignitas but it is very hard to find a psychiatrist who will write up the mental competency form that is needed. I have talked with many psychiatrists and they all say it is a violation of ethics. I am in contact with psychiatrists in washington, oregon, california, wash dc, and hawaii. I hope these ones can help me get this god damn thing sorted out already.
I asked my counselor at the veterans affairs hospital if it was ethical to let a person exist in misery for decades and she just says there are many treatment options available for us to explore. Yeah right, just like the last 15 antidepressants and the countless sessions of counseling were supposed to help me.

Anyone else have any luck at all with meds or counseling? Even temporary relief?

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I have friends who are veterans, and the only way they can cope with their PTSD is by numbing themselves with marijuana.

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
You are suffering from a chronic illness isnt? I imagine that it just as bad or maybe worse.
Do you mind sharing what your illness is?

Reactions: Flife
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I won't get into the details because it's complex, but I pretty much have no external life. Most of my time is spent lying in bed. Either that or reading. I can't even really listen to music or watch movies because my nervous system has become so sensitive. I also have a feeding tube.

It started at age 23, and now I'm 34. I only started thinking about suicide last year because until then, all of my energy was focused on researching, seeing doctors, trying different treatments, etc. But now I'm feeling pretty burned out.

To be honest I still have a little bit of hope that things could improve to the point where life becomes tolerable, but if not, I'm glad I have everything I need to make a peaceful exit.

Reactions: Caerula, anna, dano6533 and 1 other person
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
I am very very sorry to hear that. Dealing with those problems for that long must be terrible. I hope things start to improve for you and you get some peace out of life. I wish you the best of luck.

I'm burned out as well. Psychically and mentally. If I could just push a button and disappear I would have surely pressed it long ago. Even the best of times my life has been unbearable. If I remember right you have N on hand? If so you are lucky.

I often think about dying and I dont like the thought of dying isolated in my apartment. But when I am outside in nature I feel I could die without hesitation. I fantasize about drinking N by the lake or by a river and finally having the misery stop.

Reactions: El Topo and FakeNews
I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
I have now been denied at dignitas and life circle on the physical health grounds.
I am now trying to go the treatment resistant mental illness route with dignitas but it is very hard to find a psychiatrist who will write up the mental competency form that is needed. I have talked with many psychiatrists and they all say it is a violation of ethics. I am in contact with psychiatrists in washington, oregon, california, wash dc, and hawaii. I hope these ones can help me get this god damn thing sorted out already.
I asked my counselor at the veterans affairs hospital if it was ethical to let a person exist in misery for decades and she just says there are many treatment options available for us to explore. Yeah right, just like the last 15 antidepressants and the countless sessions of counseling were supposed to help me.

Anyone else have any luck at all with meds or counseling? Even temporary relief?
the anti-depressants spike your dopamine for a few weeks and then your body adjusts and it goes back to normal. Then you may have issues having normal levels off it. I recommend fasting. I recommend working out. I recommend dmt therapy. I recommend spreading good energy and being compassionate towards people. Example is if you are talking with someone, have compassion for the fact that they want attention and to feel a connection to you. Much more effective than acting around people to feel like they like you. Focus on showing them they are liked and they will like you. Also I would recommend working out in a way that makes you feel like you are going to die. I recommend fasting for half the day and then eating quinoa and hour before your work out and drinking a lot of water as you do the work out.