N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
In my homecountry the highest court allowed assisted suicide in February. However the minister for health denied it. Maybe in the future there will be new laws. But i dont know whether a bipolar disorder is enough for this purpose. I really wanna die with dignity. Ordering illegal stuff does not feel right. It is dirty. I think humans should deserve a way out. The problem is often this costs a lot of money. At least in Switzerland. So i am probably forced to do it by myself.

Reactions: Aurora.
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
That happened here to in Canada. They changed our laws and made them discriminatory. You can have a physical disability. But not for mental illness

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
The highest judge in Germany said this right applies for everyone, but i somehow fear that mental illness won't be a reason.

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Did they legislate yet. What did the health minister do.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Nothing would relieve me more than to see assisted suicide become legal for everyone. Until then (if it ever happens), existence will continue to feel like a nightmarish prison.

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
The judiciary allowed it but the german health minister blocks it because he is a fucking conservative asshole. He claims that the german unemployment insurance would be enough for everyone and everyone has a great life with it. But he lives in an apartment for 4,2 million.

Reactions: Superdeterminist
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Hi noname
what does assisted suicide mean for you?

That you get help from someone in whatever way. Or that you can go to an euthanasia organization like Exit ?

Last edited:
rundschlinge78

rundschlinge78

Jul 30, 2020
I wish it would be legal in Germany for someone to hold my hand when I hang myself.

E

EternalDarkness

Jul 26, 2020
Assisted suicide has been legal before the ruling. Suicide is not a crime, which means assisting someone in suicide is also not a crime. However in 2015 a law was passed which prohibited to offer assisted suicide as a regular service or in a businesseslike manner, meaning euthanasia organization and doctors were not allowed to help people to end their lifes in many circumstances.

The right to die mentioned in the court ruling has attracted a lot of attention but rights dont mean much in Germany.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Hi noname
what does assisted suicide mean for you?

That you get help from someone in whatever way. Or that you can go to an euthanasia organization like Exit ?

I think both options mean for me assisted suicide. There are several kinds of assisted suicide.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
I think both options mean for me assisted suicide. There are several kinds of assisted suicide.
I live in Switzerland. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to PM
Gerne auch in Deutsch :-)

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I wish it would be legal in Canada i do it assisted suicide

Reactions: Superdeterminist